The Advanced Mark

Started by Angelo, December 14, 2020, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 21, 2024, 09:19:21 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on March 21, 2024, 08:19:36 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on February 27, 2024, 08:51:04 AMAny suggestion that Defenders or forwards  cant cross the half way line is simply laughable.
Half backs have been scoring  since adam wad a boy.

The biggest problem with football is negative commentary and too much  available to see and comment on.
Go back and watch games from the 70s , 80, and 90s. There were many Turgid affairs with very poor skills and no plan. Just hoof it as far as possible and hope.

https://www.irishnews.com/gaa/gaelic-football-is-a-brilliant-game-that-needs-better-promotion-armagh-boss-kieran-mcgeeney-AENE424KLNBX5DXFEKGPRQ3R34/

Well now.
Glad to see a bit of fight back.
I really think the GAA need to make it clear to RTE and others that the contract to broadcast the games comes with an obligation to promote not negate the great game that it is.

Why they allowed Brolly O' Rourke  and Spillane to talk down the game fir so long beggars belief.

all fair comments from McGeeney I think

Agreed. We can be a negative bunch. Advanced mark still needs binned. Every single game this year, there's been many scores against Derry, and you mutter to yourself, 'christ, what a score'.

tonto1888

Quote from: JoG2 on March 21, 2024, 09:33:05 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 21, 2024, 09:19:21 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on March 21, 2024, 08:19:36 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on February 27, 2024, 08:51:04 AMAny suggestion that Defenders or forwards  cant cross the half way line is simply laughable.
Half backs have been scoring  since adam wad a boy.

The biggest problem with football is negative commentary and too much  available to see and comment on.
Go back and watch games from the 70s , 80, and 90s. There were many Turgid affairs with very poor skills and no plan. Just hoof it as far as possible and hope.

https://www.irishnews.com/gaa/gaelic-football-is-a-brilliant-game-that-needs-better-promotion-armagh-boss-kieran-mcgeeney-AENE424KLNBX5DXFEKGPRQ3R34/

Well now.
Glad to see a bit of fight back.
I really think the GAA need to make it clear to RTE and others that the contract to broadcast the games comes with an obligation to promote not negate the great game that it is.

Why they allowed Brolly O' Rourke  and Spillane to talk down the game fir so long beggars belief.

all fair comments from McGeeney I think

Agreed. We can be a negative bunch. Advanced mark still needs binned. Every single game this year, there's been many scores against Derry, and you mutter to yourself, 'christ, what a score'.

we are very negative on ourselves. Its an Irish thing.
Agree about the advanced mark. As it currently is it is ridiculous in what constitutes a free shot at goal

Itchy

If there were no advanced mark it would be worse and the stats have shown this.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2024, 12:40:16 PMIf there were no advanced mark it would be worse and the stats have shown this.

whats the stats? I am not fully against it but it needs tweaked

JoG2

Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2024, 12:40:16 PMIf there were no advanced mark it would be worse and the stats have shown this.

Maybe I'm picking this up wrong, but you think removing the advanced mark would make the game worse?

Itchy

Quote from: JoG2 on March 22, 2024, 06:22:35 PM

Maybe I'm picking this up wrong, but you think removing the advanced mark would make the game worse?

Yes

Blowitupref

Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2024, 10:59:10 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 22, 2024, 06:22:35 PM

Yes

Midfield and defensive marks are fine but can you explain how the advanced mark has brought improvement to a game?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Olly

This isn't really a solution but I've a friend called Mark Devlin and he's very intelligent. We call him the advanced Mark.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Derryman forever

Quote from: Olly on March 23, 2024, 07:40:16 AMThis isn't really a solution but I've a friend called Mark Devlin and he's very intelligent. We call him the advanced Mark.

Are you gauging his level of intelligence against your own?