Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Forecast giving heavy rain so that should suit Antrim.

Frees will be crucial, on both sides.

imtommygunn

McKenna big loss with physicality. It'll be very interesting to see how seaaan Elliot gets on at half forward. Hopefully being out the field suits his pace.

Milltown Row2

Going to be a tough game regardless of our best 15 available...

We need to take our goal chances, we need to be dogged in the tackle and play for 72 minutes not 65 and let 4 unanswered points go in, manage the game, be within a score all the time if going behind, work the frees if we have to, target their weaknesses and strengthen ours.

Was down at Dunsilly on Thursday night when they had a soft session before today. Fingers crossed we get a good start
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Would have taken a draw beforehand but another one that got away. Mind you Dublin and Burke in particular had some desperate wides

Antrim gave it everything they had
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

BrendanAntrim

Mixed feelings....a defeat at the end would have been absolute heartbreak but overall weren't we the better side? Yeah a draw we would probably have taken beforehand and 6 points I suppose isn't a big lead in hurling. Dub players were throwing the ball to each other without the pretence of a hand pass and never blown up for it. Great to see us matching them, standing up to them.

Saffrongael

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 22, 2023, 04:19:29 PM
Mixed feelings....a defeat at the end would have been absolute heartbreak but overall weren't we the better side? Yeah a draw we would probably have taken beforehand and 6 points I suppose isn't a big lead in hurling. Dub players were throwing the ball to each other without the pretence of a hand pass and never blown up for it. Great to see us matching them, standing up to them.

The "throw" argument has been lost, it's gone. Every team is doing it. The ref will give a token free or two each game.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 22, 2023, 06:07:35 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 22, 2023, 04:19:29 PM

The "throw" argument has been lost, it's gone. Every team is doing it. The ref will give a token free or two each game.

It's impossible to see unless you see it done! Even if we say there's no way he got that ball out of that situation unless the ref actually sees a technical foul he can't call it on a whim!!

So the token call you said is stupid as all ref's will call it if they see it, otherwise why bother call token ones?

On the result, Dublin have been recently a big boggy team for us home and away, if you told me we could at the very worst get a draw I'd have taken it. Great start steady mid way and nip and tuck throughout, Dublin a level above us (just) big mental result today
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

Dublin were like the Harlem Globetrotters! Every pass was a throw

Saffrongael

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 22, 2023, 07:08:29 PM
Dublin were like the Harlem Globetrotters! Every pass was a throw

Watch Limerick tomorrow and see if you can see any difference

NAG1

Unfortunate not to take the win at the weekend. The lads gave it absolutely everything.

Some strange tactical elements from our side, but that's the manager's prerogative. Hopefully can take a bit of confidence from this forward into the other games.

Saffrongael

Quote from: NAG1 on April 24, 2023, 10:39:49 AM
Unfortunate not to take the win at the weekend. The lads gave it absolutely everything.

Some strange tactical elements from our side, but that's the manager's prerogative. Hopefully can take a bit of confidence from this forward into the other games.

In what way NAG1? I give us more than a fighting chance this weekend. I think Wexford are very average

NAG1

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 24, 2023, 10:50:15 AM

In what way NAG1? I give us more than a fighting chance this weekend. I think Wexford are very average

Dublin were probably bang average too and we had them at home.

Found it strange selection of the first substitution to replace NE, just from a positional and tactical POV.

Puck out strategy was another one I couldn't understand.

Look I'm not trying to be negative because the team gave absolutely everything and commitment was there in spades, it's just a few things that I didn't get watching on.

Saffrongael

Quote from: NAG1 on April 24, 2023, 10:54:26 AM

Found it strange selection of the first substitution to replace NE, just from a positional and tactical POV.

Look I'm not trying to be negative because the team gave absolutely everything and commitment was there in spades, it's just a few things that I didn't get watching on.

Yeah I would agree with the substitution, couldn't see how it would work

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on April 24, 2023, 10:54:26 AM

NE went off with a foot injury which has deemed him out for the next few weeks unfortunately
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

I thought he went off injured