Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

wanderer

Was anyone at the games on Sunday? Sending off's deserved or not? Shame it always seems to play out that they shoot themselves in the foot

S.Poacher2012

Great response so far folks,

GAA Football Coaching Clinic

Saturday 9th November 2013

"Tackling for Success" (10 different Tackling games/drills)

Coaching Forum – Implications of the "Black Card"   
when Coaching the tackle, guests include;

2013 Down Senior Football Captain Mark Poland &
2013 Armagh Senior Football Captain Ciaran Mc Keever

St Columban's College Kilkeel

£10 (Includes Tea/Coffee and information book
** Proceeds for the development of GAA in St Columban's**

Contact Steven Poacher to confirm place via text to 07779780919
or email to stevepoacher@hotmail.com **Payment on the day**

ExiledGael

Didn't see Roslea game but shame if both Quigley's are suspended for Ulster club now. I'm sure they are appealing it but top rated ref in county unlikely to have his decisions overturned.
Pity also to see Shane Lyons and Niall Bogue retire from inter-county action. Both gave an awful lot down the years with serious work commitments to juggle. They didn't get attention or awards Marty McGrath got but gave their all for almost as long. Gonna be a lot of holes to fill for new manager next year. Can't buy that type of experience.

mb80b60

Quote from: ExiledGael on October 17, 2013, 04:14:51 PM
Didn't see Roslea game but shame if both Quigley's are suspended for Ulster club now. I'm sure they are appealing it but top rated ref in county unlikely to have his decisions overturned.
Pity also to see Shane Lyons and Niall Bogue retire from inter-county action. Both gave an awful lot down the years with serious work commitments to juggle. They didn't get attention or awards Marty McGrath got but gave their all for almost as long. Gonna be a lot of holes to fill for new manager next year. Can't buy that type of experience.

Bogue and Lyons leaving will be a big loss in terms of experience alright.  On the other hand, neither was an automatic starter and it will be good to see some youth come into the squad.  Hopefully they turn out to be as good.

Any idea who the 6 nominees are for the manager's job EG?

ExiledGael

Afraid not, far too much secrecy surrounding the whole affair.
All we know is who is out of the running - Peter McGinnity, Seamus McEnaney and Rory Gallagher at least. Canavan even said he would still be there in an ideal world (if conditions were met) so I'm not at all hopeful for 2014.
Ryan McCluskey posted an anonymous quote on the matter recently on Twitter: "if it costs so much to run the county team, he would be happy enough to see Fermanagh in division four of the national league,indefinitely". Not sure who is being quoted but given anger of players at the minute they seem to think that is the attitude of the county board.
It's a bit of a mess and I think it will get a lot worse before it gets better.
Could be a winter of retirements, mediation and boycotts. Again.

nothingbettertobeat

Brookborough man Gerry Moane set to be installed as Fermanagh manager?
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: FermGael on October 23, 2013, 01:04:47 PM
The whole thing is a mess.

they've released a statement that nobody has been rectified as boss yet and that its only speculation.
Poorly done in my opinion. believe there in outrageous debt that's the stumbling block and the new manager in question is the cheapest option available with the limited resources they have.

sammymaguire

Certainly not Banty then either! Maybe Marty McGrath might want a go at it? What a crock of dung
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Christmas Lights

GT Moane will save Fermanagh football.  A great manager with a good record.  Big football man, very enthusiastic, a Fermanagh man through and through.  If you cut Gerry Moane he would bleed green.  He wont bleed the county dry of funds maybe like Banty would have.  Will take no guff and will have the players in good shape.

Ryan McCluskeys tweet last night a bit of a disgrace, at his age and experience, you think he would have a bit of wit.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 23, 2013, 03:39:20 PM
GT Moane will save Fermanagh football.  A great manager with a good record.  Big football man, very enthusiastic, a Fermanagh man through and through.  If you cut Gerry Moane he would bleed green.  He wont bleed the county dry of funds maybe like Banty would have.  Will take no guff and will have the players in good shape.

Ryan McCluskeys tweet last night a bit of a disgrace, at his age and experience, you think he would have a bit of wit.

I don't think hes got the respect of the players for one and when you dont have that you've got feck all really. Fermanagh are on the wane.probably back in the mantle as the weakest side in Ulster again a high profile successor to Canavan would have done them no harm at all. All i can see coming from an appointment is a similar situation as a few years ago with a good few players announcing their inter county retirement as a result.

ExiledGael

County manager situation a mess, nobody coming out well from this. Dangerous vacuum being left filled with anger, resentment and retirements. Players best to keep their thoughts to themselves too, lot of mud being slung on Twitter from all angles.
Anyway, back to on-field matters, Roslea's chances of run in Ulster have been boosted with two Quigley's back.
Both players' appeals against straight red cards in league match were successful so they are free to face Ballinagh of Cavan.

Ultán

So how does everyone think Roslea will fair on Sunday? Could Enniskillen be strong contenders at intermediate level? I think both should stand a good chance. Would be good for Fermanagh football if they could both go well.

Ultán

Gerry Moane has been confirmed I hear.