10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Estimator

Semi-Final Draw:

Loup v Glen
Slaughtneil v Lavey

Claudy picked up their first win of the season relegating Newbridge to 1b for next year.

Ulster League Champions 2009

Will it ever end

Quote from: toby47 on October 17, 2021, 07:39:24 PM
Philly Muldoon won't be too welcome in Ballinderry after his behaviour yesterday, especially not in his Lavey gansai. Downey & Brennan should know better as well, they have been around long enough to know their behaviour was disgraceful.

What behaviour was out of order from Muldoon?

Where did Brennan come into it as well?

EOC1923

Quote from: toby47 on October 17, 2021, 07:39:24 PM
Philly Muldoon won't be too welcome in Ballinderry after his behaviour yesterday, especially not in his Lavey gansai. Downey & Brennan should know better as well, they have been around long enough to know their behaviour was disgraceful.
Poor oul Brennan, cant even go and watch a match without being called a disgrace

Silver hill

Given that it's effectively a cottage industry in Ballinderry with the amount of recently retired players that are lining their pockets managing other clubs in Ulster, Muldoon maybe entitled to feel slightly aggrieved at the hypocrisy. However, given the toxic relationship between Lavey  and ballinderry since the mid 90s, he would have been fully aware of how that would have been perceived in his own club.
He could easily have sidestepped that offer and gone elsewhere.
Possibly the lure of the lucra was too strong. Every action in life has a reaction and this one seems to have bitten him in the ass if Mckindless's reaction was anything to go by.

Truth hurts

Why will the diehard Ballinderry men who are lining their pockets throughout Ulster not go back and manage their own club?

Rawhide

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 18, 2021, 12:52:33 PM
Why will the diehard Ballinderry men who are lining their pockets throughout Ulster not go back and manage their own club?

They are, the lads taking them came back from being with other clubs. I think all of them are involved in some capacity at underage, so lets not spin mistruths.

cccc is a true supporter lol

Rawhide

Glen impressive yesterday, Slaughneil will be their first proper test.
cccc is a true supporter lol

JoG2

Quote from: Rawhide on October 18, 2021, 01:22:41 PM
Glen impressive yesterday, Slaughneil will be their first proper test.

Couple of big semi finals to look forward to.

Big Terence very impressive for The Loup

Big result for Limavady Wolfhounds, not many would have predicted that result. Steelstown and Greenlough kept apart in the Intermediate last 4

Red10

Not the best weekend for Derry football. Apart from the scenes on Saturday that went round the country there were some poor one sided games. Then there's the farce of the Newbridge v Claudy game. By all accounts a few pounds lifted from the bookies on that one.

Silver hill

Strange result I'll admit but ask yourself this, for a game tone fixed and to absolutely guarantee the result, the players taking part would have to be in on it. In this instance, it was shit or bust; the loser was relegated out of div 1 for next year. Would be gobsmacked if they were.
There would be some credence if there was nothing at stake but not when relegation was the outcome if defeated. People I spoke to who were at the game said that Newbridge just couldn't score.

JoG2

Quote from: Silver hill on October 19, 2021, 06:03:34 PM
Strange result I'll admit but ask yourself this, for a game tone fixed and to absolutely guarantee the result, the players taking part would have to be in on it. In this instance, it was shit or bust; the loser was relegated out of div 1 for next year. Would be gobsmacked if they were.
There would be some credence if there was nothing at stake but not when relegation was the outcome if defeated. People I spoke to who were at the game said that Newbridge just couldn't score.

I'd agree, sounds like a WhatsApp story that's gathered legs

theticklemister

Sad to see Mal McMullan leave his post at the County Derry Post. He will be sorely missed; he lived and breathed Derry GAA. Never met him personally, but you could see from his writings that he was just Derry GAA to the core. He served us a great GAA platter over the last five years and I for one have really enjoyed his work. Definitely  a labour of love for him.

All the best lad!

JoG2

Quote from: theticklemister on October 19, 2021, 06:32:36 PM
Sad to see Mal McMullan leave his post at the County Derry Post. He will be sorely missed; he lived and breathed Derry GAA. Never met him personally, but you could see from his writings that he was just Derry GAA to the core. He served us a great GAA platter over the last five years and I for one have really enjoyed his work. Definitely  a labour of love for him.

All the best lad!

Agreed 100% Tickle. A great man for the local GAA

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Great lad alright and fair to all codes, any idea where he is gone?

Estimator

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 19, 2021, 08:34:17 PM
Great lad alright and fair to all codes, any idea where he is gone?
Gaelic Life
Ulster League Champions 2009