Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack O

Doesn't matter who we get in the final,yous heard it here first

Calm Down

Christ Jacko what club are you really from?

rogercasement

I doubt jacko is on the wind up, would be very surprised if Tir Na Nog were to win the championship.

Jack O

Quote from: Jack O on October 18, 2021, 12:11:44 PM
Doesn't matter who we get in the final,yous heard it here first
I'm no wind up merchant,if you don't believe me,not my fault,

Jack O

Quote from: Calm Down on October 18, 2021, 02:02:13 PM
Christ Jacko what club are you really from?
COYBIB-COYBIP and MU fan

BigBallWeeBall

A lot of talk about football q/finals. My thoughts are :
PG1 are defo a club for the future. No luck with injuries this year but if rumours are correct and PG1 are paying Derry men to coach JUVENILES then they will surely sweep all before them in 2030. The price will be the underperforming kids who don't make the grade drifting away from CLG altogether. Heaven forbid I am truly astonished

bannside

I need to contest this BBWB on three levels. Firstly we are in a cship QF with a punchers chance on the day. LD will have one or two out for different reasons. If we lose we won't be blaming injuries.

Secondly, we are not paying anyone to coach juveniles. It's amazing the way that assertion grew legs just because no one came out to deny it.

Thirdly, all clubs (why isolate PG1 on the subject) start off with a broad base of juveniles and by the time they reach 16 - 20 there is a natural fall off, many develop other interests, many realise they just aren't going to make the cut when the fun juveniles have turns into more serious stuff at senior level.

That's in every club.... it's being going on for a century.

Finally, while there is fantastic work going on with our club juveniles I saw St Brigids under 13s last week and they looked superb. They are also exceptionally strong at U -15 too, easily winning SA final. So there's a conveyor belt under way there too that looks promising. And great to see.

We need a lot of clubs to step up the work going on at juvenile level. That's the only way we are going to raise the standard across the board.

Rodger Mona

I love the way BS plays down his clubs chances in the big games. definetely and element of tongue in cheek. PG1 will 100% fancy their chances no matter about form to date, even though they have been poor. i think this game could be similar to the LD Aghagallon game where the ref will need eyes on the back of his head

Calm Down

Not ideal that they have sent a relatively untested ref in terms of senior championship in that care Roger, further a ref who has done LD 3 times in the senior championship and was bullied on the line by them in the LD Aghagallon game!

asaffgael

Inexperienced ref down for it to

bannside

Come on Brendan, you well know an experienced ref is needed for this one! Raised eyebrows around here about this appointment.

How many people from each club are allowed on the sideline does anyone know? MR, you should.

delgany

39 - pitch side.
30- players
7 non - players
2 club officials

Flanker

Quote from: delgany on October 19, 2021, 09:39:30 AM
39 - pitch side.
30- players
7 non - players
2 club officials
Del am i reading this right is that 39 in total per side
When it is laid out like that is it any wonder there are problems at games and referees can feel under pressure.

Outside of the 2*15 up to 48 others on the sidelines

Would an average dugout hold 8 adults

Calm Down

Jeez Flanker I know Antrim GAA is daft but it aint that daft:

Total 30 players including those on the pitch
7 non players and 2 club officials = 39 per club