Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 06, 2021, 08:14:20 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 06, 2021, 08:10:42 PM
Name me one team in the county that hasn't been involved in a melee at some age group?

It happens, it's and unfortunate part of the game.
Wolfe Tones Greencastle.

There's a big lad on that team who'd start a fight in an empty house!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2021, 08:29:27 PM
East Belfast gac lol

They aren't in the county. They play in Down  ;)

imtommygunn

I'll read your post next time >:( lot of shite though about aghagallon are while dirty or ld are. Neither are that bad. They're not angels but pretty much any team at senior level has at least something in them.

rogercasement

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 06, 2021, 08:10:42 PM
Name me one team in the county that hasn't been involved in a melee at some age group?

The flip side of this is if you are a club, like ours where discipline of a high standard is demanded there would be a couple of sayings you hear about the club.
We are too nice,
You need a bit of badness,
Supporters are too quiet and not hostile enough.
Hard to argue with some of these  ;D

It happens, it's and unfortunate part of the game.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2021, 09:56:27 PM
I'll read your post next time >:( lot of shite though about aghagallon are while dirty or ld are. Neither are that bad. They're not angels but pretty much any team at senior level has at least something in them.

I'll be honest, I've never had any issues with LD or Aghagallon as a player, manager or ref. I've always been treated well by both of them.

I think there is a few agendas at play on the board here, let it be ref bashing or paid manager bashing. It's a bit embarrassing in my opinion.

imtommygunn

ck

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 06, 2021, 10:08:51 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2021, 09:56:27 PM

I'll be honest, I've never had any issues with LD or Aghagallon as a player, manager or ref. I've always been treated well by both of them.

I think there is a few agendas at play on the board here, let it be ref bashing or paid manager bashing. It's a bit embarrassing in my opinion.

Just because someone has a strong opinion doesn't mean they have an agenda.
Refereeing in Antrim is most definitely improving and with a recent influx of strong young referees I think the future is bright for all. As long as they don't join the older referees in turning a blind eye to LD antics  ;)

BigBallWeeBall

Lads draw a line under the recent crap talk, yousens would give Phensic a headache.
On a different note after watching the Lgfa finals should the men's game go down the same route with Senior Intermediate and Junior grades.
We could get a good day's out in Croke following Antrim football squad

NatSoSaff

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on September 07, 2021, 01:49:44 PM
Lads draw a line under the recent crap talk, yousens would give Phensic a headache.
On a different note after watching the Lgfa finals should the men's game go down the same route with Senior Intermediate and Junior grades.

Of course it should. It's bloody ridiculous that it hasn't at this stage.

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: NatSoSaff on September 07, 2021, 03:45:25 PM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on September 07, 2021, 01:49:44 PM

Of course it should. It's bloody ridiculous that it hasn't at this stage.

Junior Finals start very early though!

asaffgael

It would be a great idea and if you are good enough like the Meath ladies you can progress up the competitions and win at the highest level! Intermediate champions last year, incredible stuff!

Dunsilly King

Incredible for ladies, perhaps. But never in the month on Sundays would it happen in men's football. The standard in the gap is significant

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 07, 2021, 06:22:13 PM
Incredible for ladies, perhaps. But never in the month on Sundays would it happen in men's football. The standard in the gap is significant

But you've got to get bout of the bottom to progress and grow at the next level, otherwise why bother if the gap is too significant ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2021, 06:25:19 PM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 07, 2021, 06:22:13 PM

But you've got to get bout of the bottom to progress and grow at the next level, otherwise why bother if the gap is too significant ?

Agree entirely 👍

Sportacus

Yes, All Ireland Senior, Intermediate and Junior is the answer staring us in the face.  It would work very well for Antrim, gives the players something realistic to aim for and  a potential big day out for us lot.