Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

I read an article in the Irish Examiner , recently, about umpires and it quoted an Inter County ref saying he gets €120 per game + 50 cent mile/ km for travel + food allowance.
A linesman in Irish League gets £75 plus travel !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on July 05, 2021, 08:24:02 PM
I read an article in the Irish Examiner , recently, about umpires and it quoted an Inter County ref saying he gets €120 per game + 50 cent mile/ km for travel + food allowance.
A linesman in Irish League gets £75 plus travel !

But there are 16 elite referees getting 12 grand a year on top of the games they do!

As for the inter county referee let's take an example of a typical day...

You live Ballycastle, pick up you're 4 umpires and head off to Mayo for a division 3 hurling game. 4 hour journey for a 2pm throw in! He's to be there 1 hour before (minimum) that's leaving around or before 9 in the morning and not getting home before 10 as I'm sure they'll stop off and have lunch that'll be paid for by the ref, that's minimum £70 for lunch. If they are getting €120 for refereeing that's less that €10 an hour!

Fuel and wear and tear, you're car takes some hammering with 5 people in it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BigBallWeeBall

I think you may be annoyed that you can't get your snout in the trough

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on July 05, 2021, 09:22:20 PM
I think you may be annoyed that you can't get your snout in the trough

You can get more money flipping burgers, without the hassle.

So you never got back to me on you're daft response earlier, doesn't surprise me though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BigBallWeeBall

I think you're just pissed at not being in the £12k a year gang....its impacting on your good humour

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on July 06, 2021, 12:53:49 AM
I think you're just pissed at not being in the £12k a year gang....its impacting on your good humour

Yes, I'm pissed because I'm not part of something I've never applied for! New levels of stupid, even for you

BigBallWeeBall

You referred to S&C and lads not committed to program. I simply pointed out that the same applies to refs. Just an opinion however your always attack in your replies and I am now 'stupid'. Ha ha
Regarding the elite ref panel that you didn't apply to,... maybe it was your S&C level or the fact that it was invitation only and based on assessments.
Hence no invite.
That's my point finished. Debate over

Milltown Row2

I never applied nor would I. You don't have to be asked either.

As for my fitness, those levels are still quite high, marathons half Maratha and ten k races when I stopped playing in my 40's, triathlons throughout Ireland also for many years.

Im happy enough.

Belfast GAA man

Oh it's got bitchy! How much do U experts think the elite panel coin in then? Since I'm a spoofer

bannside

If Hurson is one, too much.

whatwillbwillb

You don't apply for the elite panel of Referees, you are selected to go forward, initially to your Provincial Panel then to the National panel which then selects its panel for the championship " Elite", never liked that word!

Calm Down

Ok so lets work on your logic, these guys get 12k per annum i.e. that is £1k per month, however what does not stack up for me is that the 'Elite' i.e. the Championship panel for refs is not named until one month before the Championship, so with a Championship season of 3/4 months these guys are actually getting somewhere between 3/4k a month..........nice work if you can get it or is the Championship panel that pre-determined that it is a open secret all year round?

Also as MR2 has stated, even if they were getting £1k per month and say in the like of David Gough who could be in Cork one week, Donegal the next week and Mayo the next week on top of all these clandestine meetings you speak off, all of a sudden £1k does not seem like a lot of money. I know my car doesn't run on air, however who knows with yours Belfast GAA man.

On top of that look at the abuse Owens is taking for his error in the Tipp game, do you think the few crumbs left over after genuine expenses would pay a man to be abused by people like you never mind travel the country missing out on family events, not seeing their kids for full Saturdays or Sundays is the reason they ref, no, in my opinion like players they ref because they love the game and it is in their blood. By the way the love of the game is as strong for me for our average club ref who say gives up his evening to go out and do say Aggies v Eir Og, and don't even give me nonsense about expenses there as I doubt they are anywhere near £1K a year never mind month.

Anyway, are you a Spoofer? Who knows, however you certainly do a good impression of one.

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 06, 2021, 09:43:24 PM
Oh it's got bitchy! How much do U experts think the elite panel coin in then? Since I'm a spoofer

Rodger Mona

Leagues are wrapped up now and was great to see the games back again after a long lockdown. Anyone found out anything out of the ordinary after watching the games? St.Brigids and Rossa gave the leagues a fair go so will be interesting to see if that can continue!

Championship will be interesting as again no one can really use the league to base form on!

NatSoSaff

St.Brigids gave a decent enough stab at it though still came up short against a much depleted Cargin side a week or two back and I dont expect much more from them in championship to what they've shown in the league. Rossa have the potential to cause an upset once the knockout stages arrive so that will be interesting. However, the form and condition of the lamh dhearg county men for me are what is going to make this battle very interesting this year. I see only Creggan alongside Cargin and the Lamhs getting anywhere near the big one, everyone else is streaks behind this season I'm afraid. Nothing new then  ::)  PG1 seem to have taken a backward step which is a shame as they looked like they were building a legitimate assault the last couple of seasons.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Calm Down on July 07, 2021, 08:24:31 AM
Ok so lets work on your logic, these guys get 12k per annum i.e. that is £1k per month, however what does not stack up for me is that the 'Elite' i.e. the Championship panel for refs is not named until one month before the Championship, so with a Championship season of 3/4 months these guys are actually getting somewhere between 3/4k a month..........nice work if you can get it or is the Championship panel that pre-determined that it is a open secret all year round?

Also as MR2 has stated, even if they were getting £1k per month and say in the like of David Gough who could be in Cork one week, Donegal the next week and Mayo the next week on top of all these clandestine meetings you speak off, all of a sudden £1k does not seem like a lot of money. I know my car doesn't run on air, however who knows with yours Belfast GAA man.

On top of that look at the abuse Owens is taking for his error in the Tipp game, do you think the few crumbs left over after genuine expenses would pay a man to be abused by people like you never mind travel the country missing out on family events, not seeing their kids for full Saturdays or Sundays is the reason they ref, no, in my opinion like players they ref because they love the game and it is in their blood. By the way the love of the game is as strong for me for our average club ref who say gives up his evening to go out and do say Aggies v Eir Og, and don't even give me nonsense about expenses there as I doubt they are anywhere near £1K a year never mind month.

Anyway, are you a Spoofer? Who knows, however you certainly do a good impression of one.

Abused by people like me? i said they are entitled to 12k a year and we are entitleD to good refereeing. I am a fat fingered typist but have no doubt, David Gough, who you mentioned, in a normal years gets 12k in paymetn and expenses - Calm down lad

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 06, 2021, 09:43:24 PM