Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 3623836 times)

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #21075 on: July 05, 2021, 05:57:53 PM »
Iím not going to have a dig at previous managements as where do I stop? Seeing weíve been down so longÖ

Strength and conditioning and getting to a level is a joint thing. Players at county level regardless of the grade they are in should be looking at what can improve their strength core and conditioningÖ

I could print off a program but if a player only goes half assed at it then itís the players fault.

Iíd say in the last ten years or more there has been strength and conditioning coaches on board. The main problem was the execution of the program. And thatís 70/30 thing, players have to take responsibility of how they look after themselves.
Same goes for referees

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21076 on: July 05, 2021, 07:17:53 PM »
Iím not going to have a dig at previous managements as where do I stop? Seeing weíve been down so longÖ

Strength and conditioning and getting to a level is a joint thing. Players at county level regardless of the grade they are in should be looking at what can improve their strength core and conditioningÖ

I could print off a program but if a player only goes half assed at it then itís the players fault.

Iíd say in the last ten years or more there has been strength and conditioning coaches on board. The main problem was the execution of the program. And thatís 70/30 thing, players have to take responsibility of how they look after themselves.
Same goes for referees

We can talk about referees or we can talk about the subject?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #21077 on: July 05, 2021, 07:33:36 PM »
Sorry donít have latest list

2019?
It doesnít mention this 12 grand they are getting either.. you must have read it somewhere
a reliable source told me - its no big secret

I can confirm your 'reliable source' if full of sh*t, as are you coming on here and spouting such nonsense which I suspect you know is rubbish.
Full of s?
Ok so u have to do the following on the elite panel
- higher level of fitness than bog standard club ref
- attend weekly reviews in peak season
- referee in front of thousands
- shuttle up and down to croke
Iíve no objection to these guys getting 1k s month just expect better performances . For those who think they get nothing extra , Lagan bubble as they say in belfast

So, do you have a list or even a reliable link to this information? Iím curious to see who these elite refs are .. so 8 football 8 hurling? Do they get paid 1k per month on top of their expenses?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #21078 on: July 05, 2021, 08:16:07 PM »
Sorry donít have latest list

2019?
It doesnít mention this 12 grand they are getting either.. you must have read it somewhere
a reliable source told me - its no big secret

I can confirm your 'reliable source' if full of sh*t, as are you coming on here and spouting such nonsense which I suspect you know is rubbish.
Full of s?
Ok so u have to do the following on the elite panel
- higher level of fitness than bog standard club ref
- attend weekly reviews in peak season
- referee in front of thousands
- shuttle up and down to croke
Iíve no objection to these guys getting 1k s month just expect better performances . For those who think they get nothing extra , Lagan bubble as they say in belfast

So, do you have a list or even a reliable link to this information? Iím curious to see who these elite refs are .. so 8 football 8 hurling? Do they get paid 1k per month on top of their expenses?

« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 08:23:54 PM by delgany »

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #21079 on: July 05, 2021, 08:24:02 PM »
I read an article in the Irish Examiner , recently, about umpires and it quoted an Inter County ref saying he gets Ä120 per game + 50 cent mile/ km for travel + food allowance.
A linesman in Irish League gets £75 plus travel !

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #21080 on: July 05, 2021, 08:54:15 PM »
I read an article in the Irish Examiner , recently, about umpires and it quoted an Inter County ref saying he gets Ä120 per game + 50 cent mile/ km for travel + food allowance.
A linesman in Irish League gets £75 plus travel !

But there are 16 elite referees getting 12 grand a year on top of the games they do!

As for the inter county referee letís take an example of a typical dayÖ

You live Ballycastle, pick up youíre 4 umpires and head off to Mayo for a division 3 hurling game. 4 hour journey for a 2pm throw in! Heís to be there 1 hour before (minimum) thatís leaving around or before 9 in the morning and not getting home before 10 as Iím sure theyíll stop off and have lunch thatíll be paid for by the ref, thatís minimum £70 for lunch. If they are getting Ä120 for refereeing thatís less that Ä10 an hour!

Fuel and wear and tear, youíre car takes some hammering with 5 people in it

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
« Reply #21081 on: July 05, 2021, 09:22:20 PM »
I think you may be annoyed that you can't get your snout in the trough

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #21082 on: July 05, 2021, 09:43:45 PM »
I think you may be annoyed that you can't get your snout in the trough

You can get more money flipping burgers, without the hassle.

So you never got back to me on youíre daft response earlier, doesnít surprise me though

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
« Reply #21083 on: July 06, 2021, 12:53:49 AM »
I think you're just pissed at not being in the £12k a year gang....its impacting on your good humour

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #21084 on: July 06, 2021, 07:22:58 AM »
I think you're just pissed at not being in the £12k a year gang....its impacting on your good humour

Yes, Iím pissed because Iím not part of something Iíve never applied for! New levels of stupid, even for you

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
« Reply #21085 on: July 06, 2021, 01:48:44 PM »
You referred to S&C and lads not committed to program. I simply pointed out that the same applies to refs. Just an opinion however your always attack in your replies and I am now 'stupid'. Ha ha
Regarding the elite ref panel that you didn't apply to,... maybe it was your S&C level or the fact that it was invitation only and based on assessments.
Hence no invite.
That's my point finished. Debate over

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #21086 on: July 06, 2021, 05:48:49 PM »
I never applied nor would I. You donít have to be asked either.

As for my fitness, those levels are still quite high, marathons half Maratha and ten k races when I stopped playing in my 40ís, triathlons throughout Ireland also for many years.

Im happy enough.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #21087 on: July 06, 2021, 09:43:24 PM »
Oh itís got bitchy! How much do U experts think the elite panel coin in then? Since Iím a spoofer

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #21088 on: July 06, 2021, 10:09:08 PM »
If Hurson is one, too much.

whatwillbwillb

• View Profile
« Reply #21089 on: July 07, 2021, 05:48:03 AM »
You don't apply for the elite panel of Referees, you are selected to go forward, initially to your Provincial Panel then to the National panel which then selects its panel for the championship " Elite", never liked that word!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 05:57:02 AM by whatwillbwillb »