Rugby World Cup 2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 04, 2011, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: CiKe on October 02, 2011, 10:48:04 AM
who was MOTM?

O'Brien.

Could have been anyone, they were all on top of their games.
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

Quote from: CiKe on October 02, 2011, 10:48:04 AM
who was MOTM?

Sean O Brien

Was Best really badly hurt? Or is it just a minor shoulder pain from where he has  had injury issues in the past?

CiKe

Michael Lynagh reckons England for the final - feck him!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: CiKe on October 02, 2011, 10:56:43 AM
Michael Lynagh reckons England for the final - feck him!

Licking Dallaglio's balls
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

balladmaker

QuoteLicking Dallaglio's balls

Nail on the head!

Aerlik

Great atmosphere in the Mighty Quinn again today.  Quare wheena Derry wans there too.  Lots of GAA club and county shirts showing that this really is our national team.  Now to get to the small issue of the anthem not being played.

Ah well that is the end of "Wabbalies" in this tournament.  Might pull a few heads in.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

whitegoodman

Marked improvement from Darcy and Bowe on previous outings and our back row are outstanding.

If Best is out it is a serious loss, in the scrum, line out and surprisingly in the loose.

Set up for a cracker next week, Wales are also flying, have a very good back row and some very exciting back players.

Looking at the draw and the injury to Carter I fear a repeat of the 07 final :-\

muppet

Quote from: whitegoodman on October 02, 2011, 12:50:42 PM
Marked improvement from Darcy and Bowe on previous outings and our back row are outstanding.

If Best is out it is a serious loss, in the scrum, line out and surprisingly in the loose.

Set up for a cracker next week, Wales are also flying, have a very good back row and some very exciting back players.

Looking at the draw and the injury to Carter I fear a repeat of the 07 final :-\

France always always has a game in them. Hopefully it is against England. The other side of the draw can take care of itself. TBH I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the big 3 in the Final. For us one step at a time, we can beat Wales. Just do it!
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

I would be 10 times more confident of us beating England than Wales. They have a great scrum and pace in their back line. They have improved since the 6N and they have leaders in all the right places. This will be our hardest game in a long long time and if we come out of it there will be 1 score in it!!

Kerry Mike

I have heard Rory Best is out of the tournment and will be replaced by Mike Sherry.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

muppet

#seanobrienfacts trending on twitter:

Scientists believe that a big bang created the universe, they also believe a big bang from Sean O'Brien could end it.

Ryanair pays Seán O'Brien €40 each time he looks at their website.

The "S" on Superman's Shirt....stands for Sean O Brien
MWWSI 2017

Donnellys Hollow

Wales will be a massive challenge but it does seem to be clicking into place for Ireland. For the first time in donkeys years, Ireland have a very strong scrum. We no longer are just satisfied with parity and we can now really attack other teams at the set piece. Both Ferris and O'Brien are destructive presences in the back row and Heaslip is finding form at the right time. Murray is still a bit raw but he brings something different. O'Gara's confidence is high and there are few better place kickers around. D'Arcy had his best game in a long time and Trimble has the ability to make a significant impact off the bench.

Wales also seem to be coming to the boil at the right time but our record against them is good and we definitely have the edge in terms of experience. As long as we don't let the game get too loose, we should beat them.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Celt_Man

Great win today... soaked up the Italian pressure and then hit them in the second half.  Very impressed as we killed the game off middling early in the second half when the opportunities presented

What was the carry on with revelations in today's papers about the English players?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Capt Pat

Best is out of the tournament according to Tony Leen of the Cork Examiner on Twitter. His collarbone is broke which is what the ITV touchline commentator was implying during the match. Sherry from Munster might come into the squad but I would start Varley and have Cronin on the bench.

It is a set back but not the end of the world.

CiKe

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 02, 2011, 04:34:01 PM
Best is out of the tournament according to Tony Leen of the Cork Examiner on Twitter. His collarbone is broke which is what the ITV touchline commentator was implying during the match. Sherry from Munster might come into the squad but I would start Varley and have Cronin on the bench.

It is a set back but not the end of the world.

Haven't seen too much of Varley or too much of Cronin for that matter to be honest. How would you rate each of them relative to Best in the scrum, lineout and loose?