Munster Final 2011

Started by Kerry Mike, June 27, 2011, 12:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

It the Kingdom of Kerry against the Langers from the Lee next Sunday in Killarney, the 36 time winners against Munster's 2nd best team with a credible but laughable 7 titles. Am really looking forward to this. I am expecting a close game with plenty of decent scores and football. Lets just hope we don't get some ape of a referee who is going to make a bollix of another game this summer.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

orangeman

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 27, 2011, 12:55:25 AM
It the Kingdom of Kerry against the Langers from the Lee next Sunday in Killarney, the 36 time winners against Munster's 2nd best team with a credible but laughable 7 titles. Am really looking forward to this. I am expecting a close game with plenty of decent scores and football. Lets just hope we don't get some ape of a referee who is going to make a bollix of another game this summer.

Refs making for a whole lot of headlines today alone. Let's hope that this game escapes unscathed but given that both of these teams will push the limits, there could well be some fall out.

CorkMan

Second best team! You have to be joking. You're setting yourself up for a big fall if kerry lose. Cork to win by 4 or 5 points 

Blowitupref

David Goldrick will be the Ref. i fancy Kerry to win this by 2-3 pts
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Ciarrai_thuaidh

No thread yet?

Venue:

Probable teams:
Cork            Kerry
1. Quirke                                 1. Kealy
2. Cadogan                              2. Enright
3. Canty                                  3. Marc O'Sé
4. Shields                                 4. Tom O'Sullivan
5. O'Leary                                5. O'Mahony
6. Miskella                                 6. Brosnan
7. Kissane                                 7. Young
8. A. Walsh                               8. Maher
9. A O'Connor                           9. Bryan Sheehan
10. P O'Neill                              10. Darran O'Sullivan
11. Kelly                                   11. Declan O'Sullivan
12. C. Sheehan                         12. Donnacha Walsh
13. Goulding                             13. Cooper
14. Donnacha O'Connor              14. Donaghy
15. Kerrigan                              15. K O'Leary

Whats the predictions?

Head would say Cork if they play near their current potential might sneak it by the odd point, but If Kerry could somehow scramble enough possession to keep the supply to the forward line going it could be close....Its a cliché at this stage but I think these 2 will prove on sunday why they are the 2 main contenders for Sam....
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: spuds on June 29, 2011, 01:21:16 PM
Was down on 3rd page. Good to have another kerry perspective on this board

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19626.0
3rd page? I can't be looking down that far! I assume the mods or someone can integrate the threads or whatever.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

AZOffaly

Is Killarney the most scenic county ground in the country? I love the view of the reeks.

Kerry Mike

Kerry team out tomorrow night , don't expect Galvin to start given his recent hamstring and Seamus Scanlon looks like being out for a longer spell. Tomas O'Se is suspended so we will need ball winners around the middle of the field, still enough quality in Kerry to take the game to Cork and we will hopefully do that. Should be a cracking game.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 29, 2011, 11:19:38 PM
Kerry team out tomorrow night , don't expect Galvin to start given his recent hamstring and Seamus Scanlon looks like being out for a longer spell. Tomas O'Se is suspended so we will need ball winners around the middle of the field, still enough quality in Kerry to take the game to Cork and we will hopefully do that. Should be a cracking game.

Two sides that canceled each other out last Year. Scores were at a premium, but in the end Kerry shaded it.

I do believe the reason Cork won last Year's All-Ireland was due to Down knocking out Kerry and Dublin knocking out Tyrone. Cork can beat the Kingdom at any ground that isn't Croke Park.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Kerry Mike

Cork can beat the Kingdom at any ground that isn't Croke Park or Killarney, 16 years since they won there. And that will be a factor on Sunday.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 30, 2011, 12:13:30 AM
Cork can beat the Kingdom at any ground that isn't Croke Park or Killarney, 16 years since they won there. And that will be a factor on Sunday.

The more I think about it the more I think Cork will sneak it on Sunday. This should be a more intense affair than the usual shadow boxing you get between the two in Munster. Cork will see victory here as an important physiological boost ahead of a near inevitable meeting later on in Croke Park. The Kingdom won't want to lose that Killarney record but without O Sé, Galvin probably not starting and issues in midfield and defense I think one of them records will go. Looking forward to a cracking game.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

lynchbhoy

Kerry have the better forward division imo
but with Galvin out and a dodgy midfield and weakest backs section since I can remember, Kerry couldnt be expected to win imo.

look forward to it though.

Kerry Mike

Kerry team for Munster Final Announced
Thursday, 30 June 2011 20:48 |
The Kerry team to play Cork on Sunday next the 3rd July in Fitzgerald Stadium , Killarney is as follows:
1. Brendan Kealy, (Kilcummin)
2.Shane Enright (Tarbert) 3 Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) . 4 Tom O'Sullivan (Rathmore)
5. Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore) 6. Eoin Brosnan (Dr. Crokes) 7. Killian Young (Renard)
8. Anthony Maher (Duagh) 9.Bryan Sheehan (St. Mary's)
10. Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) 11. Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) 12. Donnchadh Walsh (Cromane),
13. Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes) Captain 14 Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks) 15.Kieran O'Leary (Dr. Crokes)
Subs: Tomás Mac a t'Saoir (An Ghaeltacht) Daniel Bohan (Austin Stacks) Barry John Keane (Kerins O'Rahilly's) Brian Maguire (Listowel Emmett's) Michéal Quirke (Kerins O'Rahilly's) Séamus Scanlon (Currow) Padraig Reidy (Scartaglin) David Geaney (Daingean Uí Chúis)
Niall O'Mahony (Spa) Peter Crowley Laune Rangers and James O'Donoghue (Legion)
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Zulu

Cork team named as above except Jamie O'Sullivan is in for Cadogan at corner back.