Kerry v Galway 13/03/11 - Killarney @ 2.30pm

Started by Kerry Mike, March 10, 2011, 09:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

Marc O'Se is out for 4 weeks for his slap at Eoghan O'Hara which will leave a big void at full back, and the hoor was playing very well too, and with Tommy Griffin still undecided and Tom O'Sullivan only returned to training this week it will leave a weakened full back line. I would chance either Aidan O'Mahony or Killian Young there and leave Eoin Brosnan in the centre back role for this week.  Probably with Padraig Reidy and Shane Enright in the corners and Tomas O'Se and either of Young or O'Mahony on the wings. Which still is a strong enough back division. Brendan Kealy seems to be doing ok in the sticks and in his 2nd year needs to just steady down and take command of his area.

Midfield is still not settled though and continues to be a big concern for Kerry people, I'd stick with David Moran and even Bryan Sheehan did ok against the Dubs. Other options are Seamus Scanlon, Anthony Maher but the big move/risk to make is bring out Kieran Donaghy and start with Declan O'Sullivan at No. 14 if he is fit as I believe he is back in the panel too this week so he will be a big bonus over the next few weekends

Darren O'Sullivan has done really well at centre foprward so far this year and he will hold his spot as will Donnacha Walsh on the wing, the other wing forward position depends  on who does not make midfield spots, with David Moran and Bryan Sheehan likely contenders. The Gooch is in Tip top form and David Geaney though quite against the Dubs has done enough in other games to get another start in the other corner. Full Forward as I say depends if Jack takes Donaghy out the field and I feel its worth a change of tact if nothing more than to use as an option later in the summer.

Kieran O'Leary needs a few games too as does a few more on the panel but competition is hotting up nicely.

Galway have had a terrible start to the league but I would expect them to up their game ion Sunday and expect a tough encounter but we need to the win , 2 loses from 3 games is not a good start from us either and another loss could have us in trouble.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

maguire 4 mayo

Best off luck to the galway lads on sunday !

surely if galway are to lose by 10 or 12 points Tomas O Flatharta will have to step aside ???......

GalwayBayBoy

spuds

2 gaeltacht counties, these games are nearly always on TG4
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: spuds on March 10, 2011, 04:39:33 PM
2 gaeltacht counties, these games are nearly always on TG4

That's what I'm afraid of.

Kerry Mike

Not on TV, its Monaghan and the Jackeens in the football and Galway and the Cats in the Hurling on TG4 this Sunday.

Radio Kerry will be carrying the game live for those interested.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Duine Eile

Galway team named....................jaysus

1      Adrian Faherty
2   Niall Coyne
3    Colin Forde
4   Alan Burke
5   Gary O'Donnell
6   Gary Sice
7   Kevin Brady
8   Joe Bergin
9   Finian Hanley
10   Paul Conroy
11   Owen Concannon
12   Eddie Hoare
13   Cormac Bane
14   Cillín De Paor
15   Danny Cummins

galwayman

I have to say that on paper that is probably the worst Galway team I have ever seen in my life.
Kerry will hammer that team.
Niall Coyne has shown repeatedly that he cannot play corner back against a decent inter county corner forward. It is just not his position.Hanley is no midfielder.
That forward line contains just ONE scoring forward and that is Cormac Bane.
Cillin de Paor should not be near the squad never mind the starting fifteen - he was hopeless in the games he played so far as he was last year. It is pointless persisting with him because he will be nowhere near the team in the summer.

I really fear for us if that is the best team we can put out.

Kerry Mike

The Kerry Senior Football team V Galway Saturday 6th March 2011

1. Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin)
2. Shane Enright (Tarbert) 3. Killian Young (Renard) 4. Adrian O'Connell  (St Michael's Foilmore)
5. Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)  6. Eoin Brosnan  (Dr. Crokes) 7. Brian Maguire (Listowel Emmetts)
8. Seamus Scanlon (Currow) 9. David Moran (Kerins O'Rahilly's)
10. Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) 11. Bryan Sheehan (St. Mary's) 12. Donnchadh Walsh (Cromane)
13. Colm Cooper (Captain) Dr. Crokes  14.  Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks) 15. Kieran O'Leary (Dr. Crokes)
Substitutes
16. Tomás Mac a t'Saoir (An Ghaeltacht) 17. Aidan O'Mahony(Rathmore) 18. David Geaney (An Daingean)
19. Pádraig Reidy (Scartaglin) 20. Anthony Maher (Duagh) 21. Gary O'Driscoll (Skellig Rangers)
22. Daniel Bohan  (Austin Stacks )23. Tom O`Sullivan (Rathmore) 24. Declan O'Sullivan  (Piarsaigh Na Dromada)

Bainisteóir: Jack O'Connor (Piarsaigh Na Dromada)
Traenálaí: Alan O'Sullivan (Kerins O'Rahillys)
Roghnóirí: Ger O'Keeffe (Austin Stacks) & Diarmuid Murphy (An Daingean)
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 12, 2011, 12:03:08 AM
The Kerry Senior Football team V Galway Saturday 6th March 2011

1. Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin)
2. Shane Enright (Tarbert) 3. Killian Young (Renard) 4. Adrian O'Connell  (St Michael's Foilmore)
5. Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)  6. Eoin Brosnan  (Dr. Crokes) 7. Brian Maguire (Listowel Emmetts)
8. Seamus Scanlon (Currow) 9. David Moran (Kerins O'Rahilly's)
10. Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) 11. Bryan Sheehan (St. Mary's) 12. Donnchadh Walsh (Cromane)
13. Colm Cooper (Captain) Dr. Crokes  14.  Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks) 15. Kieran O'Leary (Dr. Crokes)
Substitutes
16. Tomás Mac a t'Saoir (An Ghaeltacht) 17. Aidan O'Mahony(Rathmore) 18. David Geaney (An Daingean)
19. Pádraig Reidy (Scartaglin) 20. Anthony Maher (Duagh) 21. Gary O'Driscoll (Skellig Rangers)
22. Daniel Bohan  (Austin Stacks )23. Tom O`Sullivan (Rathmore) 24. Declan O'Sullivan  (Piarsaigh Na Dromada)

Bainisteóir: Jack O'Connor (Piarsaigh Na Dromada)
Traenálaí: Alan O'Sullivan (Kerins O'Rahillys)
Roghnóirí: Ger O'Keeffe (Austin Stacks) & Diarmuid Murphy (An Daingean)

Adrian O'Connell has the flu and will not play.  Aidan O'Mahony will start at wing-back with Brian Maguire moving to the corner.

comethekingdom

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: comethekingdom on March 13, 2011, 04:06:18 PM
FT   Kerry 0-16 Galway 0-8.

Sad to say that's almost an acceptable defeat. I honestly thought we might lose this one by something closer to 18 than 8.

orangeman

Galway in trouble.

No end to the misery in sight either.

Gooch appears to have run riot today.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2011, 05:44:41 PM
Galway in trouble.

Gooch appears to have run riot today.

Unfortunately our 5 best players have all missed most of the league. Their return will improve things a bit alright but by then we'll be long relegated.

Duine Eile

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2011, 05:44:41 PM
Galway in trouble.

Sadly as GBB said this was better than expected, I expected 10 to 15 points of a thrashing. Seriously can't see Galway getting a win at all this league.