The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: J70 on October 01, 2021, 01:03:47 PM
Is it not clear at this point that processed foods, laden as they are with salt and sugar and all kinds of other shit, are the issue?

Eat plenty of whole foods, fruits, veg, real meat etc, like people did for millennia. And if you're lucky, marry a woman who likes to cook from scratch. 8)

But some of these diets suggest binning of potatoes, some fruit and veg, Milk, etc things I wouldn't have had an issue with previously.
I agree reduce processed foods, eat more whole fruits and veg and curtail processed sugar (this is my downfall) and you'll be alright.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 01, 2021, 01:26:56 PM
Is it not clear at this point that processed foods, laden as they are with salt and sugar and all kinds of other shit, are the issue?

Eat plenty of whole foods, fruits, veg, real meat etc, like people did for millennia. And if you're lucky, marry a woman who likes to cook from scratch. 8)

But some of these diets suggest binning of potatoes, some fruit and veg, Milk, etc things I wouldn't have had an issue with previously.
I agree reduce processed foods, eat more whole fruits and veg and curtail processed sugar (this is my downfall) and you'll be alright.

You'd mentioned reading the Keto book and I know Last Man well and he's been a big advocate (if that's the best word) doing the Keto, having done it completely for a month its fairly shifted any/all fat from body, my only concern is long term, what would eating such a diet that is high on meat and full cream diary cheese and other stuff that 'we' were told not to eat, have on you?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 01, 2021, 01:48:23 PM

You'd mentioned reading the Keto book and I know Last Man well and he's been a big advocate (if that's the best word) doing the Keto, having done it completely for a month its fairly shifted any/all fat from body, my only concern is long term, what would eating such a diet that is high on meat and full cream diary cheese and other stuff that 'we' were told not to eat, have on you?

I think if you can do it, it'd be great. But for me, just not a long term option. I'm a lazy eater. I don't mean processed foods, but just like going back to the same easy meals again and again. I am trying to ⬆️ veg on my plate and reduce the spuds/ rice/ carbs. But my downfall is a sweet tooth. And to be honest, I don't even want to give that up completely. The sweet poison makes the point that sugar is a drug, and that you think you are enjoying the chocolate/ sweets but it's actually just that it satisfies the habit and your just enjoying how you should feel normally if you had no sugar addiction before it builds up again. And that if you can kick the habit for a few weeks the cravings disappear. Might try it sometime but if I could cut it down to once/twice a week I'd be happy. At the minute it's once/ twice a day!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

quit yo jibbajabba

Colum Eastwoods greatest shame - food and diet being discussed on Gaaboards SDLP thread 😃😉

Rossfan

Are all the SDLPers overweight?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Last Man

https://youtu.be/RhgvmJt_T54
It might suit them to do some research in case they get the health ministry sometime.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on October 01, 2021, 03:21:10 PM
https://youtu.be/RhgvmJt_T54
It might suit them to do some research in case they get the health ministry sometime.

;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCNewsNI/status/1443523156065587204

The Northern Ireland economy recovered to its pre-pandemic levels of output in the second quarter of this year, official figures suggesthttps://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/09/28/business/brexit-fuel-food-shortages/index.html?__twitter_impression=true
Britain's economy remains 2.1% smaller than before the pandemic and economists at Berenberg recently pushed back their forecast for a full recovery to the second quarter of 2022

The wee Protocol.is working
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 01, 2021, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 01, 2021, 01:48:23 PM

I think if you can do it, it'd be great. But for me, just not a long term option. I'm a lazy eater. I don't mean processed foods, but just like going back to the same easy meals again and again. I am trying to ⬆️ veg on my plate and reduce the spuds/ rice/ carbs. But my downfall is a sweet tooth. And to be honest, I don't even want to give that up completely. The sweet poison makes the point that sugar is a drug, and that you think you are enjoying the chocolate/ sweets but it's actually just that it satisfies the habit and your just enjoying how you should feel normally if you had no sugar addiction before it builds up again. And that if you can kick the habit for a few weeks the cravings disappear. Might try it sometime but if I could cut it down to once/twice a week I'd be happy. At the minute it's once/ twice a day!!

One of the issues We have is most days we don't feel  hungry enough to have spuds/rice/pasta as the main staple of dinner. And  if you leave either of those three out of your main meal, it's tricky putting a meal together.

So a lot of evenings We end up having scrambled eggs or beans on toast ., an omelette with a few veg thrown in, or a toastie and a bit of side salad.

We tend to cook when hungry. No planning. So it gets frustrating at dinner time  because you just want food with little hassle and no waiting

Main Street

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 01, 2021, 02:44:48 PM
Colum Eastwoods greatest shame - food and diet being discussed on Gaaboards SDLP thread 😃😉
Nordies love a good natter about food, it only takes the mere mention of tray bakes (whatever the fck they are) to have a full blown diversion.

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on October 01, 2021, 09:05:36 PM
Nordies love a good natter about food, it only takes the mere mention of tray bakes (whatever the fck they are) to have a full blown diversion.

It's a Protestant thing, you wouldn't understand  ;)

delgany

Quote from: BennyCake on October 01, 2021, 10:10:31 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 01, 2021, 09:05:36 PM

It's a Protestant thing, you wouldn't understand  ;)

There's nothing as nice with a cuppa as a rocky road , a 15 or a mars bar krispie!

quit yo jibbajabba

Whats this OR madness?! Its AND surely 😉

general_lee

BBC reporting that SDLP will be celebrating the centenary. What goes through their heads

RedHand88

Quote from: general_lee on October 07, 2021, 01:28:01 PM
BBC reporting that SDLP will be celebrating the centenary. What goes through their heads

Anytime I feel disillusioned with SF, stuff like this drives me right back into their camp.