Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 04, 2021, 07:31:08 PM
Big enough win. Had hoped loughgiel would break that hoodoo but slaughtneil are good.

Pulled away last 15

imtommygunn

We're you at it? Be interesting to see what slaughtneil do on the ai stage. Was that the 2020 or 2021 final? Do they not have to play again or am I mistaken?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 04, 2021, 08:27:37 PM
We're you at it? Be interesting to see what slaughtneil do on the ai stage. Was that the 2020 or 2021 final? Do they not have to play again or am I mistaken?

I was. It was very difficult for both teams to get going and honestly there is very little between both. I think they go into AISF now against Oulart a Ballagh Wexford.

imtommygunn

That was the 2020 final. They play again in the 2021 final in a couple of weeks. Be sick of the sight of each other.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 04, 2021, 10:10:22 PM
That was the 2020 final. They play again in the 2021 final in a couple of weeks. Be sick of the sight of each other.

Didn't realise that even, aye they will

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 04, 2021, 12:27:04 PM
Very rare you would see no Antrim teams in a mageean final. In fact I don't think I can ever remember a time.

Still both teams were very close so I don't think it is a crisis.

Is mcgrattan Gerard's son?

Yes, you can tell by the build of him, got that shoulder thing going. Very fine hurler with serious pace and knows where the net is.

From all accounts there was nothing between the two teams till Red High sent a lad back to sweep and that seemed to work for them and cut out the scoring down their end.

They've beaten St Pats already in the round robin but IMO the losing team normally learns more than the winning team so I'd be concerned about that.

First time ever for a Down school in it's own right featuring in the final, the last time was a collection of schools but the Red High are pulling from Castlewellan, Liatroim to the west as well as Carryduff to the north, on top of the Ards. One of the Castlewellan lads, Cunningham is a tidy enough hurler from what I saw of him this summer in the club stuff.

imtommygunn

I would say it's good to see but I wouldn't mean it  ;D

Ach it can only be good for the game and those two semis were tight enough affairs so it's not like the antrim teams have really dropped off.

Jimmy

Is Downpatrick competing at Mageean level a sustainable thing or do they just have a strong group?

johnnycool

Quote from: Jimmy on December 06, 2021, 10:31:04 AM
Is Downpatrick competing at Mageean level a sustainable thing or do they just have a strong group?

They've certainly a strong group re-enforced during the summer when a few lads moved from St Columba's Portaferry to do A Levels in the red high.

I'd hope they'd stay at Mageean level and should be strong next year as well as a lot of their current team would be lower 6th and a few 5th yrs on it based on the various strengths of club huring and after that if Knock get their finger out they too should be strong as Bredagh and ourselves would have been strong @U15 this year and a lot of our hurlers went there instead of the Red High.

antrimman667

Dunloy v slaughtneil draw

Con magees vs Craobh Rua 3 to Con Magees

Milltown Row2

Quote from: antrimman667 on December 07, 2021, 12:01:11 PM
Dunloy v slaughtneil draw

Con magees vs Craobh Rua 3 to Con Magees

Really looking forward to this game, its a double header in Armagh, I don't see how S'neil will have changed too much other than getting older, Dunloy will have improved physically and no doubt have been eyeing this game up for 2 years. The problem is Dunloy haven't had a competitive game since the final, how they will be able to adopt to the physical side of things will go a long way in deciding the outcome, they are naturally better stick men,and so are S'niell but Dunloy just that bit better..

Tactics will play a big part in this and how they match up, or sweeper systems

S'neill haven't had the football to worry about so they will be more focused on sharpening up their skills. It really is a 50/50 call
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Shocking news about Colin Murray the ref.

May he RIP

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 07, 2021, 07:21:44 PM

May he RIP

Yeah, got the news this morning, awful such a young family, tragic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 07, 2021, 07:21:44 PM

May he RIP

God reffed loads of our games, good ref and nice guy rip

Jonkunlon

4pm for the Dunloy game, is that correct? That's a poor decision in light of (pardon the pun) visibility. The game will have to finish under lights.

RIP Colin, a very nice man.