Author Topic: Antrim Hurling  (Read 5673412 times)

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #40020 on: November 29, 2021, 10:20:39 PM »
MR2 states... The thing is if the ref blew it 2.30 early it would show very clearly on his watch. I can get it if he plays more time but at the very minimum you’d (I’d) find it impossible to blow while it was under 30 mins.
Cmon MR2,  wise up lad. Remember Offaly v Clare 1998 A/I semifinal

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40021 on: November 29, 2021, 10:30:12 PM »
Did the first Offaly game end in a draw?

Should bring in the time clock like they’ve in ladies football.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #40022 on: November 30, 2021, 12:09:23 PM »

There's merit in this IMO across GAA affiliated codes, especially championship games where there's a fourth official most of the time.

As for the camogie, ref made a mistake, both teams get another day out, even PJ wasn't overly perturbed by it (if you've ever seen him properly perturbed then you'll know what I mean).
Ulster Camogie get another gate which I'd hope both teams get a slice out of.

Slaughtneil have had the very, very slightest of the better of it between these two teams over the recent years but only just.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40023 on: November 30, 2021, 12:19:41 PM »

There's merit in this IMO across GAA affiliated codes, especially championship games where there's a fourth official most of the time.

As for the camogie, ref made a mistake, both teams get another day out, even PJ wasn't overly perturbed by it (if you've ever seen him properly perturbed then you'll know what I mean).
Ulster Camogie get another gate which I'd hope both teams get a slice out of.

Slaughtneil have had the very, very slightest of the better of it between these two teams over the recent years but only just.

Didn't realise there was highlights and after watching that and hearing Sidebottoms call on the timing issue, I'll concede that the ref got that wrong!!

I've Ref's S'niel a few times and was very impressed with their natural skill levels, though this was the year before covid so that team would be getting older. Shannon in midfield would get on most men's teams
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #40024 on: December 03, 2021, 10:06:46 PM »
Some result for Red High Downpatrick in Mageean semi tonight v St Louis. So no Antrim team in the final

Young McGrattan very impressive, didn’t get it from the grass

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40025 on: December 04, 2021, 12:27:04 PM »
Very rare you would see no Antrim teams in a mageean final. In fact I don’t think I can ever remember a time.

Still both teams were very close so I don’t think it is a crisis.

Is mcgrattan Gerard’s son?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #40026 on: December 04, 2021, 06:42:55 PM »
Slaughtneil took their chances today . Very hard conditions. Tough cuddies on both teams

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40027 on: December 04, 2021, 07:31:08 PM »
Big enough win. Had hoped loughgiel would break that hoodoo but slaughtneil are good.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #40028 on: December 04, 2021, 08:09:13 PM »
Big enough win. Had hoped loughgiel would break that hoodoo but slaughtneil are good.

Pulled away last 15

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40029 on: December 04, 2021, 08:27:37 PM »
We’re you at it? Be interesting to see what slaughtneil do on the ai stage. Was that the 2020 or 2021 final? Do they not have to play again or am I mistaken?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #40030 on: December 04, 2021, 08:37:54 PM »
We’re you at it? Be interesting to see what slaughtneil do on the ai stage. Was that the 2020 or 2021 final? Do they not have to play again or am I mistaken?

I was. It was very difficult for both teams to get going and honestly there is very little between both. I think they go into AISF now against Oulart a Ballagh Wexford.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40031 on: December 04, 2021, 10:10:22 PM »
That was the 2020 final. They play again in the 2021 final in a couple of weeks. Be sick of the sight of each other.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #40032 on: December 04, 2021, 10:31:38 PM »
That was the 2020 final. They play again in the 2021 final in a couple of weeks. Be sick of the sight of each other.

Didn't realise that even, aye they will

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #40033 on: December 06, 2021, 09:11:20 AM »
Very rare you would see no Antrim teams in a mageean final. In fact I don’t think I can ever remember a time.

Still both teams were very close so I don’t think it is a crisis.

Is mcgrattan Gerard’s son?

Yes, you can tell by the build of him, got that shoulder thing going. Very fine hurler with serious pace and knows where the net is.

From all accounts there was nothing between the two teams till Red High sent a lad back to sweep and that seemed to work for them and cut out the scoring down their end.

They've beaten St Pats already in the round robin but IMO the losing team normally learns more than the winning team so I'd be concerned about that.

First time ever for a Down school in it's own right featuring in the final, the last time was a collection of schools but the Red High are pulling from Castlewellan, Liatroim to the west as well as Carryduff to the north, on top of the Ards. One of the Castlewellan lads, Cunningham is a tidy enough hurler from what I saw of him this summer in the club stuff.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40034 on: December 06, 2021, 09:37:50 AM »
I would say it's good to see but I wouldn't mean it  ;D

Ach it can only be good for the game and those two semis were tight enough affairs so it's not like the antrim teams have really dropped off.