Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Crazy stuff here from you MR2
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 29, 2021, 09:16:27 PM
Crazy stuff here from you MR2

What's crazy? I haven't said it wasn't played 2.30mins less. But most people here believe it was!

That's taking away what a great match the game was.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 09:01:20 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 29, 2021, 08:45:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 08:40:51 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 29, 2021, 08:27:54 PM
Cantankerous/on your period ....whichever you prefer. You do seem to be rather touchy about once a month. You can forgive my reasoning. Read your last few posts.

I'll take you seriously when you get on like an adult.

I d read the report, if and it's a big if, the referee played 2.30 minutes short then it was plenty time to lose or win the game.

Just because someone has a stop watch around his neck doesn't means it's in time with the ref's.

So lots of assumptions being reported, loughgiel and S'niel will go at it again and the best team will win, controversial it wasn't
Did you not read the report and listen to what he said. He started his watch after the water break and it was 2 and a half minutes out after the ref confirmed how long there would be to play from then.
Facts are he ended the match early and therefore it is controversial, so he deserves his criticism. You can take a break from being a referee apologist.

If he started it at that time, that is. Who to believe?

Again you or I was not timing the game. Knowing PJ I'm sure it was recorded, knowing the detail that goes into his coaching, so it'll be easy to check back.
If he started the game when it should've been started? Really? Are you saying the ref didn't start the game at the right time on purpose. PJ started his watch straight after the water break and was told there'd be 15+2 remaining, and there wasn't even 15. It's clear as day.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 29, 2021, 09:23:53 PM
Cantankerous/on your period ....whichever you prefer. You do seem to be rather touchy about once a month. You can forgive my reasoning. Read your last few posts.

I d read the report, if and it's a big if, the referee played 2.30 minutes short then it was plenty time to lose or win the game.

Just because someone has a stop watch around his neck doesn't means it's in time with the ref's.

So lots of assumptions being reported, loughgiel and S'niel will go at it again and the best team will win, controversial it wasn't
Did you not read the report and listen to what he said. He started his watch after the water break and it was 2 and a half minutes out after the ref confirmed how long there would be to play from then.
Facts are he ended the match early and therefore it is controversial, so he deserves his criticism. You can take a break from being a referee apologist.

Again you or I was not timing the game. Knowing PJ I'm sure it was recorded, knowing the detail that goes into his coaching, so it'll be easy to check back.
If he started the game when it should've been started? Really? Are you saying the ref didn't start the game at the right time on purpose. PJ started his watch straight after the water break and was told there'd be 15+2 remaining, and there wasn't even 15. It's clear as day.

If PJ started his watch at the same time as the ref.

Like I said if it was recorded it will be easy worked out. I haven't seen it to say it was short, neither have you.

Was match recorded online? PPV? 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 09:31:08 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 29, 2021, 09:23:53 PM

If PJ started his watch at the same time as the ref.

Like I said if it was recorded it will be easy worked out. I haven't seen it to say it was short, neither have you.

Was match recorded online? PPV?
He said he reset it after the water break. Even the commentator said the red blew it up a few minutes early and he had the time clock in front of him.
Clear enough that the ref made a balls of it.

Milltown Row2

I've no issues btw, my posts are about the report claiming it to be blew early, I've done games where people are always questioning the time.

The thing is if the ref blew it 2.30 early it would show very clearly on his watch. I can get it if he plays more time but at the very minimum you'd (I'd) find it impossible to blow while it was under 30mins. That's just my thinking on it.

At that level those lads are well scrutinised so if he has made a balls up it'll go against him

Jonkunlon

MR2, go to bed. You clearly got 2 and a half minutes less sleep than you needed last night.

BigBallWeeBall

MR2 states... The thing is if the ref blew it 2.30 early it would show very clearly on his watch. I can get it if he plays more time but at the very minimum you'd (I'd) find it impossible to blow while it was under 30 mins.
Cmon MR2,  wise up lad. Remember Offaly v Clare 1998 A/I semifinal

Milltown Row2

Did the first Offaly game end in a draw?

Should bring in the time clock like they've in ladies football.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 10:30:12 PM

There's merit in this IMO across GAA affiliated codes, especially championship games where there's a fourth official most of the time.

As for the camogie, ref made a mistake, both teams get another day out, even PJ wasn't overly perturbed by it (if you've ever seen him properly perturbed then you'll know what I mean).
Ulster Camogie get another gate which I'd hope both teams get a slice out of.

Slaughtneil have had the very, very slightest of the better of it between these two teams over the recent years but only just.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on November 30, 2021, 12:09:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 10:30:12 PM

There's merit in this IMO across GAA affiliated codes, especially championship games where there's a fourth official most of the time.

As for the camogie, ref made a mistake, both teams get another day out, even PJ wasn't overly perturbed by it (if you've ever seen him properly perturbed then you'll know what I mean).
Ulster Camogie get another gate which I'd hope both teams get a slice out of.

Slaughtneil have had the very, very slightest of the better of it between these two teams over the recent years but only just.

Didn't realise there was highlights and after watching that and hearing Sidebottoms call on the timing issue, I'll concede that the ref got that wrong!!

I've Ref's S'niel a few times and was very impressed with their natural skill levels, though this was the year before covid so that team would be getting older. Shannon in midfield would get on most men's teams

Saffrongael

Some result for Red High Downpatrick in Mageean semi tonight v St Louis. So no Antrim team in the final

Young McGrattan very impressive, didn't get it from the grass
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Very rare you would see no Antrim teams in a mageean final. In fact I don't think I can ever remember a time.

Still both teams were very close so I don't think it is a crisis.

Is mcgrattan Gerard's son?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Slaughtneil took their chances today . Very hard conditions. Tough cuddies on both teams

imtommygunn

Big enough win. Had hoped loughgiel would break that hoodoo but slaughtneil are good.