Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkunlon

Getting wind that Carey/Glenariffe are heading for a knockout game if/when Carey beat Gort Na Mona.

Assuming they finish on equal points and given they drew their fixture, it's head to head results count and not score difference.

ned

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 13, 2021, 09:44:28 PM
Getting wind that Carey/Glenariffe are heading for a knockout game if/when Carey beat Gort Na Mona.

Assuming they finish on equal points and given they drew their fixture, it's head to head results count and not score difference.

Only fair.....unless Carey wallop Gort na Mona...

Jonkunlon

Quote from: ned on September 13, 2021, 09:48:44 PM

They are never going to beat them by the 25 points required.

delgany

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 13, 2021, 10:03:24 PM
Quote from: ned on September 13, 2021, 09:48:44 PM

They are never going to beat them by the 25 points required.

It would be decided on score difference
But if GNM didnt field it would be a play off !

Jonkunlon

Interesting, but with the fixture in Turf Lodge, why wouldn't they field?

delgany

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 13, 2021, 10:19:09 PM
Interesting, but with the fixture in Turf Lodge, why wouldn't they field?

The match hasnt been refixed or listed to be refixed. 
I would've thought it would be played before the last round of fixtures. It looks like it has been conceded.

Jonkunlon

Unreal. That damages the integrity of the competition. Poor form on Gort's behalf. I'm sure Glenariffe will feel aggrieved. That said it's a great extra fixture for us neutrals. Neutral venue you'd have to assume. Cushendun possibly.

Kidder81

Surely points difference is the first tie breaker, regardless of head to head & if you use head to head as a tie breaker, you can't separate then you go to points difference. It's bizarre

delgany

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 13, 2021, 10:54:37 PM
Unreal. That damages the integrity of the competition. Poor form on Gort's behalf. I'm sure Glenariffe will feel aggrieved. That said it's a great extra fixture for us neutrals. Neutral venue you'd have to assume. Cushendun possibly.

It looks like.... doesnt mean that it has been though! Just an opinion.

Kidder81

Dunloy & Cushendall finished level on points in their group, drew head to head - Dunloy progressed to semis on better score differential

delgany

Quote from: Kidder81 on September 13, 2021, 10:59:21 PM
Surely points difference is the first tie breaker, regardless of head to head & if you use head to head as a tie breaker, you can't separate then you go to points difference. It's bizarre

Head to head was a draw.
Then
Score difference would be used , if all games played.
If a game involving the tied teams is conceded  it will go to a play off game

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on September 13, 2021, 11:05:58 PM
Dunloy & Cushendall finished level on points in their group, drew head to head - Dunloy progressed to semis on better score differential

But if and I'm not sure if it's being played or not, if the other team concedes how is it fair on the team that may have a chance?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2021, 11:08:25 PM

But if and I'm not sure if it's being played or not, if the other team concedes how is it fair on the team that may have a chance?

Did the first poster not say it would be a playoff game if and when Carey beat GNM ? That's what's confusing me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on September 13, 2021, 11:12:25 PM

Did the first poster not say it would be a playoff game if and when Carey beat GNM ? That's what's confusing me

Not sure but yes head to head first then score difference is used, providing obviously all games are played. Should be an automatic score (let's say 20 points) given for a conceded game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

That's the reason, why the rule was amended. So that a team cant be penalised for another team not fielding against them.
Your are right , the remaining game may be played, I presume the CCC will sort it out tonight !