Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2021, 06:31:07 PM
That adds up a bit more. I didn't think we had a fielding issue.

That's disgraceful if that is how it panned out. Shows little respect for the lower tier either.

All these competitions are being run off on a week by week basis so there was probably no free slots and these lads would have had to isolate for 10 days.

Down now play Meath this Saturday with the final the following wednesday night.

Why not invite other lads into the panel? You'd be no worse off.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on July 12, 2021, 10:05:19 AM

That's disgraceful if that is how it panned out. Shows little respect for the lower tier either.

All these competitions are being run off on a week by week basis so there was probably no free slots and these lads would have had to isolate for 10 days.

Full Celtic Challenge panel to bring lads in from

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 12, 2021, 10:20:17 AM

Was there not something about "tier 1" counties not being allowed to play lads in the Celtic Challenge and also the championship proper (Leinster in this case) ?

If they'd have pulled lads from the Celtic Challenge panel those lads then could no longer play in the Celtic Challenge..

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on July 13, 2021, 09:07:22 AM

Was there not something about "tier 1" counties not being allowed to play lads in the Celtic Challenge and also the championship proper (Leinster in this case) ?

If they'd have pulled lads from the Celtic Challenge panel those lads then could no longer play in the Celtic Challenge..

Possibly but you would like to prioritise minor team over Celtic Challenge if you have the 2 teams. We only enter u17 Celtic Challenge, its our level

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 13, 2021, 12:43:30 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 13, 2021, 09:07:22 AM

Possibly but you would like to prioritise minor team over Celtic Challenge if you have the 2 teams. We only enter u17 Celtic Challenge, its our level

Derry aren't tier 1 and IIRC can play the same squad in both the Celtic Challenge and the respective championship.

Down have done it for a few years pre covid.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 06, 2021, 08:59:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 06, 2021, 08:26:25 PM
U20 game not going too well :(

4-27 to 0-7 FT Wasn't expecting that sort of beating

Laois seem to have given Kilkenny their fill of it in the Under 20s last night - lost by 3 having led for 3/4s of the game.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 14, 2021, 10:08:25 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on July 06, 2021, 08:59:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 06, 2021, 08:26:25 PM
U20 game not going too well :(

4-27 to 0-7 FT Wasn't expecting that sort of beating

Laois seem to have given Kilkenny their fill of it in the Under 20s last night - lost by 3 having led for 3/4s of the game.

Kildare, Laois, Carlow, Meath and Westmeath putting in a lot of work underage.

Big men, close to hurling heartlands. Watched our u20s last night v Donegal, Donegal were very poor, played with sweeper from the beginning

imtommygunn

You should probably be playing a level up from that fear. Derry tend to be strong enough underage but just drop off at senior. (Though I suspect having such successful minor football teams this past few years has been detrimental to the hurling mind you)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 14, 2021, 11:09:06 AM
You should probably be playing a level up from that fear. Derry tend to be strong enough underage but just drop off at senior. (Though I suspect having such successful minor football teams this past few years has been detrimental to the hurling mind you)

B is strong enough this year though, Down and Meath will be hard to beat. Yes you are right, the u20 football and minor football team are littered with really good hurlers. Some clinkers there.
I think the experience against Kilkenny few years back at A was painful

johnnycool

Antrim Minor hurlers beat Carlow by a point last night in the Peadar O Liathain cup. 1-13 to 1-14

Down play Meath this Saturday in the same competition.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Thats a good result

imtommygunn

Fear I see the derry team got beat by the armagh team in the anrtrim league playoffs lol. (I jest - I think it's great having teams from other counties in. ).

Good result for Cushendun beating Glenariff who had been beating all round them in the league. Also good to see county players back playing - that Rossa Dunloy game sounded like a good one.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2021, 11:13:28 AM
Fear I see the derry team got beat by the armagh team in the anrtrim league playoffs lol. (I jest - I think it's great having teams from other counties in. ).

Good result for Cushendun beating Glenariff who had been beating all round them in the league. Also good to see county players back playing - that Rossa Dunloy game sounded like a good one.

Aye ran out of steam, we have 2 lads on Christy Ring panel who were not playing and guy from u20s who got injured against Donegal Tues, would have needed them(all forwards). Antrim has been so good for us down the years.
Yeah some going for Cushendun,Glenariff flying this year. Rossa and Dunloy looked good alright

ned

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 15, 2021, 11:49:49 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2021, 11:13:28 AM

Aye ran out of steam, we have 2 lads on Christy Ring panel who were not playing and guy from u20s who got injured against Donegal Tues, would have needed them(all forwards). Antrim has been so good for us down the years.
Yeah some going for Cushendun,Glenariff flying this year. Rossa and Dunloy looked good alright

Carey not merit a shout?

imtommygunn

Missed their result.