Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Ballycastle pitch isn't up to it I don't think, and it's too open to the elements. Always seems to be a stinking day there. Today no different
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Can't believe there are no concessions at matches and then the way they space out matches to avoid double headers. Poor show.

Which goal(s) in the senior out of interest Podge?

podge

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 02, 2022, 07:23:24 PM
Can't believe there are no concessions at matches and then the way they space out matches to avoid double headers. Poor show.

Christy's goal. Maybe it was just bad goalkeeping but in defence of the keepers, the bounce off the sod and the bounce off the artificial squares are totally different .

Sleeping giant

Quote from: podge on October 02, 2022, 08:03:21 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 02, 2022, 07:23:24 PM

Christy's goal. Maybe it was just bad goalkeeping but in defence of the keepers, the bounce off the sod and the bounce off the artificial squares are totally different .
bad goal keeping is what it was
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 02, 2022, 08:01:00 PM
A sore one for St Johns today against an awesome side. While I would never have given the Johnnies a chance of winning the game today, their result against Ballycastle suggested that they could be on the receiving end of a battering. They'll regroup and go again but I'm beginning to think they're a team that peaked about 4 years ago.

I've heard a lot of talk about Cushendall this year but I'm not seeing it. Dunloy are levels above everything else for me.
But.....everyone has a bad day I suppose....

I would agree with you about Cushendall, thought they were very laboured at times. Obviously they will try and prevent Dunloy from playing but if Dunloy get going early I see them winning comfortably.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 02, 2022, 08:01:00 PM
A sore one for St Johns today against an awesome side. While I would never have given the Johnnies a chance of winning the game today, their result against Ballycastle suggested that they could be on the receiving end of a battering. They'll regroup and go again but I'm beginning to think they're a team that peaked about 4 years ago.

I've heard a lot of talk about Cushendall this year but I'm not seeing it. Dunloy are levels above everything else for me.
But.....everyone has a bad day I suppose....

I think St. John's blew it about four years ago when they should have won it. The year cushendall beat them late on in a replayed semi final was the year they should have won it.

Agreed on cushendall. Would be needing a significantly better performance than today to even have a chance.

Tbh with mcnaughton's goal I thought the goalie was caught by surprise that mcnaughton hit it so badly. Mcnaughton made a massive impact for cushendall btw. I don't think they win that without him.

Jonkunlon

Dunloy look razor sharp, precisely not what a sluggish Cushendall would want to be facing. Only looks like one outcome.

Loughgiel are rebuilding and deserve credit for blooding the youngsters this past 2 seasons. With some serious underage talent they'll be back challenging Dunloy in a few years. Dunloy going nowhere for the foreseeable. Multi-talented group of players they have.

Haven't seen Sambo near a Cushendall juvenile team in years. Suddenly there's a minor final and low and behold ....people see through that nonsense.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jonkunlon on October 02, 2022, 09:14:20 PM
Dunloy look razor sharp, precisely not what a sluggish Cushendall would want to be facing. Only looks like one outcome.

Loughgiel are rebuilding and deserve credit for blooding the youngsters this past 2 seasons. With some serious underage talent they'll be back challenging Dunloy in a few years. Dunloy going nowhere for the foreseeable. Multi-talented group of players they have.

Haven't seen Sambo near a Cushendall juvenile team in years. Suddenly there's a minor final and low and behold ....people see through that nonsense.

And he will hang about with the good U-15 team coming through

Sleeping giant

. Jesus thank you!!! Said the same myself, odds on an appearance on senior sidelines in a fortnight

imtommygunn

LG are building there. Some decent young ish players there. Few less wides and may have been different.

paddyjohn

As far as I know he's been coaching that team all year.

Very hard on poor Sambo folks.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 02, 2022, 09:42:12 PM

He hasn't,but whatever,no odds

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 02, 2022, 09:51:16 PM

Well sure what's your issue then?

He's living rent free in your head. Enjoy the celebrations 👍

Saffrongael

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 02, 2022, 10:09:36 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 02, 2022, 09:51:16 PM

Well sure what's your issue then?

He's living rent free in your head. Enjoy the celebrations 👍

Two week ban  ::)

Antrim Coaster

County final scheduled for Corrigan.A total joke.

Ballycastle and Loughgiel are almost on the doorstep of both participants yet some p***k on the county board has decided to schedule the final some 45 - 50 miles away from both villages.

Price of diesel obviously not considered when making this stupid decision.