Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

;D

The very place. There was a perimeter fence when I was there so you could get your cars in though wouldn't have fancied it in floods of rain. Long time ago so no idea what it's like now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2022, 12:16:45 PM
The only team I really mind not having changing rooms were Mitchells where you took your car onto the grass bank at the side of the pitch and changed there then got out and there was someone from the surrounding estate shooting a BB gun at you  ;D

Never play at the Falls park? no changing rooms our parking... better now, you've your warm up done before you get to the pitch from the changing rooms at the Whiterock centre
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

always changed in leisure centre.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2022, 01:51:07 PM
always changed in leisure centre.

You are young obviously!! I didn't even change at the club which was across the road! As close to that get the better!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2022, 12:21:25 PM
;D

The very place. There was a perimeter fence when I was there so you could get your cars in though wouldn't have fancied it in floods of rain. Long time ago so no idea what it's like now.
Think that 'pitch' in Poleglass is long gone.

Mitchells appear to be on the brink or else they have folded completely so no need to it.

That was the issue with Mitchells - never had a home pitch and no base to recruit from. Slowly but surely faded into obscurity.

Gilly Mc Illhatton had to tog out for them at one stage and he was long retired  :o :o :o

marty34

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on May 25, 2022, 02:00:13 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2022, 12:21:25 PM
;D

Think that 'pitch' in Poleglass is long gone.

Mitchells appear to be on the brink or else they have folded completely so no need to it.

That was the issue with Mitchells - never had a home pitch and no base to recruit from. Slowly but surely faded into obscurity.

Gilly Mc Illhatton had to tog out for them at one stage and he was long retired  :o :o :o

Is there a club in Poleglass/Twinbrook?

angermanagement

Colin Gaels, possibly only field up to U16 though. Seemed to be putting a lot of work in underage building from the bottom up, fair play to all involved.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2022, 01:50:05 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2022, 12:16:45 PM
The only team I really mind not having changing rooms were Mitchells where you took your car onto the grass bank at the side of the pitch and changed there then got out and there was someone from the surrounding estate shooting a BB gun at you  ;D

Never play at the Falls park? no changing rooms our parking... better now, you've your warm up done before you get to the pitch from the changing rooms at the Whiterock centre

Played once there against the Gorts for our seconds when I think there was no reserve league so we ended up in a South Antrim league.

No sidelines marked out and some wee spide scooting across the pitch on a mini scrambler thing.

The game itself was a tad "hectic", plenty of pulling but not on the ball  ;D

johnnycool

Quote from: thegooch13 on May 25, 2022, 11:20:39 AM
Quote from: keep her low this half on May 25, 2022, 10:43:52 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on May 24, 2022, 03:22:24 PM
I mind throwing the ball up to take a poc out at the top end and the wind blowing it out for a 70. Between there and Feystown it was crazy!

I always liked Cushendun, Feystown was a different story, getting changed in the whin bushes before and after the match!!
Feystown not having changing rooms back then?

Who plays out of Feystown? Not sure if I've ever played there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 25, 2022, 03:18:45 PM
I mind throwing the ball up to take a poc out at the top end and the wind blowing it out for a 70. Between there and Feystown it was crazy!

I always liked Cushendun, Feystown was a different story, getting changed in the whin bushes before and after the match!!

Glenarm! Shane  O'Neil's

Jeepers Creepers

Cracking 3G pitch in the Falls park now although a bit of a walk to the changing rooms thanks to local residents. Did the Johnnies not take over Mitchells pitch in Poleglass then it was sold for housing??

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2022, 03:19:42 PM

Glenarm! Shane  O'Neil's

Maybe it's just my age but i only ever remember them having a changing room, going back to the early 90s.

Hated playing down there more for the issue of having Arthur Forsyth refereeing and not hiding his bias!!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: barnish oggie on May 26, 2022, 09:51:32 AM

Glenarm! Shane  O'Neil's

Maybe it's just my age but i only ever remember them having a changing room, going back to the early 90s.

Hated playing down there more for the issue of having Arthur Forsyth refereeing and not hiding his bias!!

Muck and clabber, some battles up there, enjoyable though

keep her low this half

Not when I played, you could describe me as vintage at this stage  :)

keep her low this half

Quote from: barnish oggie on May 26, 2022, 09:51:32 AM

Glenarm! Shane  O'Neil's

I go back to the early 80s, no changing rooms then.