TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2021, 04:09:36 PM
Any Stranger things fans? Started watching it last month, finished it yesterday, if you are into that stuff and the 80's music along with some of the nerdy stuff of the 80's you'll enjoy this

Loved Stranger Things. Watched the whole thing twice because the daughter wanted to watch it a few months ago.

nrico2006

Wrong thread but Summer of 84 is a good film that is set in tye 80s and has all the Stranger Things 80s type nostalgia too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on August 03, 2021, 09:51:30 PM
The White Lotus is elite tier comedy from HBO.

Cheers for the heads up, superb show. Episode 5 online today at some stage Gallsman? Armond is a great character

JimStynes

Where do I find this?

Tony Baloney

Have watched a few episodes of Beck, a Swedish cop series and found it to be pretty decent. Considering going back to the start as I'm st S8. Anyone seen it and worth going back to?

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 08, 2021, 05:53:18 PM
Have watched a few episodes of Beck, a Swedish cop series and found it to be pretty decent. Considering going back to the start as I'm st S8. Anyone seen it and worth going back to?
its a similar scene but a good bit better,  as in more original - better plots, his sidkick in the early era had more about him.  The hallmark swedish cop. drama series is Wallander, Beck is way off that pace.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on August 08, 2021, 06:53:11 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 08, 2021, 05:53:18 PM
its a similar scene but a good bit better,  as in more original - better plots, his sidkick in the early era had more about him.  The hallmark swedish cop. drama series is Wallander, Beck is way off that pace.
Cheers. Might give it a lash and then move onto Wallander as pretty sure I've only seen a few of the Swedish version (seen all the Branaghs).

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on August 08, 2021, 02:37:14 PM

Where do I find this?

Presumably Sky Atlantic as it's HBO? Otherwise sail the seven seas.

gallsman

Quote from: JoG2 on August 08, 2021, 12:44:53 PM

Cheers for the heads up, superb show. Episode 5 online today at some stage Gallsman? Armond is a great character

Airs Sunday night in the US, so available Monday to us mere mortals.

Jonkunlon

This is England  -  is one of the most powerful dramas I have watched. Make sure to watch it in the correct order: This is England (movie), This is England 86, This is England 88, This is England 90. Available on All 4 Player.

Kidder81

Quote from: Jonkunlon on August 11, 2021, 08:59:02 PM
This is England  -  is one of the most powerful dramas I have watched. Make sure to watch it in the correct order: This is England (movie), This is England 86, This is England 88, This is England 90. Available on All 4 Player.

Jordan Pickfords big acting break

screenexile

Quote from: Jonkunlon on August 11, 2021, 08:59:02 PM

Pretty much all of Shane Meadows' stuff is brilliant check out The Virtues and Dead Mans Shoes!

Jonkunlon

I have watched The Virtues but not Dead Man's Shoes. Where can I watch it? Virtues was very good.

quit yo jibbajabba

Dead Mans Shoes - quality. Chilling

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 11, 2021, 11:00:11 PM
Dead Mans Shoes - quality. Chilling
I thought I had stumbled onto Page 1 of the Movie Recommendations thread! Agree, great show.