All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

Red warning now for Galway so Thomas' crowd can't travel...
I'd say that'll sweep in more too. They will have to call it now.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Gael85

Quote from: onefineday on January 21, 2024, 08:40:52 AMI'm surprised these games are still on. Weather in Dublin is pretty awful at the minute, rain is coming in sideways and it's going to get worse with warnings around travel to issue both north and south shortly after game times. I'm not sure how this isn't postponed on public safety grounds for spectators apart from any considerations re the spectacle we'll have to endure.

GAA more interested in maintaining their fixture schedule than the welfare of players and supporters. We saw this for both semi finals in the football.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Gael85 on January 21, 2024, 09:29:14 AM
Quote from: onefineday on January 21, 2024, 08:40:52 AMI'm surprised these games are still on. Weather in Dublin is pretty awful at the minute, rain is coming in sideways and it's going to get worse with warnings around travel to issue both north and south shortly after game times. I'm not sure how this isn't postponed on public safety grounds for spectators apart from any considerations re the spectacle we'll have to endure.

GAA more interested in maintaining their fixture schedule than the welfare of players and supporters. We saw this for both semi finals in the football.

Yes HQ show little care for it's players and supporters so I'm not surprised these games are going ahead.

LC

Definitely not a day for sitting in the lower deck of the Hogan or Cusack.

Sportacus

Red weather warning down parts of the west.  It amazes me that the GAA wouldn't call it off in the interest of safety of supporters and players making the journey home this evening.

Mario

Quote from: Sportacus on January 21, 2024, 10:24:00 AMRed weather warning down parts of the west.  It amazes me that the GAA wouldn't call it off in the interest of safety of supporters and players making the journey home this evening.
I don't think it should be called off for wind and rain. Far from ideal but it's January and there is no room in the schedule to move it.

Blowitupref

Quote from: LC on January 21, 2024, 10:15:43 AMDefinitely not a day for sitting in the lower deck of the Hogan or Cusack.

Our tickets are for the lower rows of the Hogan but will likely pick a seat further up the stand. Looking at the forecast might avoid the worst weather during the game, travelling home in a storm isn't good, safe traveling to those attending.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

PadraicHenryPearse

Travelling in hope more than expectation. Only 7/8 turnovers against castlehaven... same again and in with a good chance.

seafoid

A massive day for Maghera and Kiltoom.

I didn't know that Enda Gormley trained them from under 14 on. He is a legend of that club and Derry football.

May the best team win.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Gael85 on January 21, 2024, 09:29:14 AM

Another issue with the split season.

Armagh18

Wouldn't be the end of the world to play it next week. Safe travels to everyone anyway and hope for 2 good games

yellowcard

The fact that an early decision to call these matches off hasn't been made, makes me think that they are both going to go ahead. Hopefully the weather won't spoil what is one of the biggest days in the GAA calendar. I'm going for narrow wins for St Thomas in the hurling and Glen in the football who hopefully can complete the Ulster club treble.

larryin89

Id of thought glen were on a didferent level to brigids but reading the comments in here ill hold off  going in on the handicap bet .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

According to the Irish Times Wattys are "unbackable"

This is a sea change since the run up to the KC match 

Northern bookies must have taken in walls of cash.

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2024, 12:05:45 PMThe fact that an early decision to call these matches off hasn't been made, makes me think that they are both going to go ahead. Hopefully the weather won't spoil what is one of the biggest days in the GAA calendar. I'm going for narrow wins for St Thomas in the hurling and Glen in the football who hopefully can complete the Ulster club treble.
Bit late calling it off now.