Author Topic: Ulster Championship 2021  (Read 1995 times)

APM

• View Profile
Re: Ulster Championship 2021
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2021, 08:12:22 PM »
A shocking level of arrogance coming from the Armagh contingent here.

Armagh should be beating Antrim handy based on league position.  But it is a serious banana skin and will not want to end up in a dogfight. 
That's the message from most.  No arrogance there. 

However, with no backdoor, every game is "on the day" and there will be surprises.  Armagh need to be very careful with this one. 

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2021, 09:14:38 PM »
A shocking level of arrogance coming from the Armagh contingent here.

Itís hardly arrogance to expect us to beat a division 4 team handily enough now is it

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2021, 09:57:51 PM »
Really it should be a semi final line up of the four division one teams, Donegal v Tyrone and Monaghan v Armagh.......anything else would be a shock.........but there is nearly always one.......

ck

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2021, 11:09:47 PM »
Really it should be a semi final line up of the four division one teams, Donegal v Tyrone and Monaghan v Armagh.......anything else would be a shock.........but there is nearly always one.......

Agree completely.
Armagh will hammer Antrim, we all know that. Donegal will do likewise to Down. There will be no shocks here.
The only "shock" that could come would be Derry to beat Donegal, but I can't see it. Beating Offaly means nothing and Derry really have beaten no-one.
The semi finals should be interesting.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2021, 11:41:36 PM »

Agree completely.
Armagh will hammer Antrim, we all know that. Donegal will do likewise to Down. There will be no shocks here.
The only "shock" that could come would be Derry to beat Donegal, but I can't see it. Beating Offaly means nothing and Derry really have beaten no-one.

Are the defending Ulster champions no one?

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2021, 11:55:50 PM »
I wish Armagh fans would stop expecting a win over Antrim. We have won two games in Ulster in the past 5/6 years ffs. Antrim haven't lost a game all season and we have been caught short many times. Cavan reached the final last year and are now in Division 4.
No excuses for not beating Antrim. No disrespect to them but if we lose serious questions need asking.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2021, 11:56:34 PM »

Agree completely.

Seems so judging by this thread

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2021, 11:57:28 PM »
I wish Armagh fans would stop expecting a win over Antrim. We have won two games in Ulster in the past 5/6 years ffs. Antrim haven't lost a game all season and we have been caught short many times. Cavan reached the final last year and are now in Division 4.

Would be typical of Armagh to slip up against a team they should be beating comfortably. Antrim haven't lost a game however their form of beating Louth, Sligo and Leitrim by 1 point does not suggest they are in a position to take a division 1 team out so as ever its about whatever Armagh side turns up

There are a lot of things that do not sit well with me when Armagh fans start to fancy their chances. Our history in Ulster under McGeeney has not been great and we always slip up somewhere. Antrim might not be a division 1 team but they should be approached, respected and played against like they are one. No getting ahead of ourselves thinking it is a win in the bag. I don't like the mindset of us expecting a win because it breeds a horrible arrogance that we haven't backed up in the championship. We definitely have a very good team but its time we started living up to the expectations.
Agreed. This bunch of players is good enough to be in D1 and reaching Ulster finals, itís time we started doing that.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2021, 11:58:35 PM »

Agree completely.

Depends which Cavan turn upÖ.