NFL Division 3 2021

Started by Dreadnought, May 13, 2021, 08:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Quote from: Cavan19 on May 15, 2021, 10:03:31 PM
Quote from: FermGael on May 15, 2021, 08:39:43 PM
That was some win .

Fair play to the Fermanagh lads.
Played some great football and Quigley was just sensational.
Great to have him back 

The referee was just brutal.
The black card was ridiculous

Throws the whole division wide open

Any idea what the black card was for?

No idea at all.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Look-Up!

Quote from: FermGael on May 15, 2021, 10:48:49 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on May 15, 2021, 10:03:31 PM
Quote from: FermGael on May 15, 2021, 08:39:43 PM
That was some win .

Fair play to the Fermanagh lads.
Played some great football and Quigley was just sensational.
Great to have him back 

The referee was just brutal.
The black card was ridiculous

Throws the whole division wide open

Any idea what the black card was for?

No idea at all.
Sledging? Congratulations on the win, better team.

Westside

Looks like he got the black for sledging, then Brady got the yellow for retaliation. Good decision by the ref.

Anyone know if it's score difference or head to head that puts a team through if two teams are on the same points?

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on May 16, 2021, 12:23:54 PM
Looks like he got the black for sledging, then Brady got the yellow for retaliation. Good decision by the ref.

Anyone know if it's score difference or head to head that puts a team through if two teams are on the same points?

Youd think at this age Gunner would learn not to react, his willingness to react to every little bit of niggle makes him a target for this sort of stuff.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Westside on May 16, 2021, 12:23:54 PM

Head to head for two teams on the same points. Scoring difference if 3 are level on points.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Boycey

Quote from: Itchy on May 15, 2021, 08:50:16 PM
Fermanagh fully deserved the win, really sloppy stuff from Cavan. I dint agree about young lads, for me few of older lads like faulkner and gunner were off the pace. Where did they find that eejit of a ref. Quigley got I'm guessing 4 points from balls brought forward, some about 20 meters. Cavan got 3 marks brought forward for I have no idea what. Mind boggling.

As a Monaghan man I know the ref only too well, a fussy letter of the law man. He gave my club 3 black cards in the 1st half of an innocuous league match a couple of years back but here's the thing if he's constantly moving frees, marks forward it'll be for yapping and back chat. Surely from a teams perspective if they've not copped on to this and learned to keep their mouth shut after the first couple of times they deserve all they get

Dag Dog

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 15, 2021, 10:37:17 PM
Tipperay beaten by Limerick which throws the other side open. Though Tipperay needed extra time last year against Limerick in Munster..
Exactly. that was quickly forgotten about when Tipperary managed to sneak a Munster title.

Cavan19

Quote from: Boycey on May 16, 2021, 12:59:13 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 15, 2021, 08:50:16 PM
Fermanagh fully deserved the win, really sloppy stuff from Cavan. I dint agree about young lads, for me few of older lads like faulkner and gunner were off the pace. Where did they find that eejit of a ref. Quigley got I'm guessing 4 points from balls brought forward, some about 20 meters. Cavan got 3 marks brought forward for I have no idea what. Mind boggling.

As a Monaghan man I know the ref only too well, a fussy letter of the law man. He gave my club 3 black cards in the 1st half of an innocuous league match a couple of years back but here's the thing if he's constantly moving frees, marks forward it'll be for yapping and back chat. Surely from a teams perspective if they've not copped on to this and learned to keep their mouth shut after the first couple of times they deserve all they get

He can fairly move it forward  he near went from the middle of the field to the 45 with one free the other night.

Itchy

Next weekends games are now critical. Cavan really need to do Longford over, while Mickey Graham famously puts very little stake on the league I am sure he realises that staying in Div 3 will not help the team progress. I would say that Derry and Fermanagh will be a tight affair.

FermGael

Now that's a hammering .
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Blowitupref

Quote from: FermGael on May 22, 2021, 06:26:42 PM
Now that's a hammering .

Some scoring by Derry the last two weekends, must have done serious work in training.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Watching Cavan here it's hard to believe they are ulster champions.

Derry going very well but maybe too well two weeks into the league.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on May 22, 2021, 07:44:01 PM

Yeah a lot of lads way off pace. Holla and Oisin Kiernan only ones at high level.

Captain Obvious

Season objective for them is to likely get out of Division 3. Some scoring the last two matches 5-34.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 22, 2021, 07:47:36 PM

Yeah a lot of lads way off pace. Holla and Oisin Kiernan only ones at high level.

Doesn't explain some of the brainless decision making from some of them. Longford have a great chance to win this if they push on in 2nd half