Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Wouldn't be my style to crib over a few quid to cover the various costs associated with running operations etc but £30 to watch both finals this weekend is a scandal, some people need to take a serious hard look at themselves, there is no shortage of coin swilling around Tyrone GAA, the cynical decision to overly monetise these finals is going to turn neutrals away and end up costing the CB money, the former being the bigger issue, a dumb decision that will reduce the audience

kickitin

Quote from: WT4E on November 12, 2021, 10:20:48 AM
Quote from: kickitin on November 12, 2021, 09:43:11 AM
Quote from: scout on November 12, 2021, 08:41:40 AM
Moortown & Dromore both by 4

the roes will not be beat. too big and strong. crippy mc guigan will take mcshane completely out of the game like he did mattie mcguigan, but i feel like owen roes have enough power to win anyway. tony devine to catch at least 57 kickouts

It took 3 of the murtin men to take mcguigan out of the game - Crippy had the easy job of standing beside him - Karl Hagan stood staring at him from in front.  ::) And he still scored 1-4  ::)  ::)

welcome to the board mattie mc guigan's oul boy

2 frees and a ball that literally bounced into his path that could not be missed. he's an unbelieveable player but i simply stated the player who marked him and IMO nullified him (hence the scoreline) as mcguigan is their biggest threat, will do the same with mcshannnnnnn tomorrow. tony devine show incoming

sensethetone

Quote from: tyrone08 on November 12, 2021, 10:43:08 AM
Quote from: WT4E on November 12, 2021, 10:15:34 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 11, 2021, 09:15:34 AM
None of my business but i love in general how as soon as someone does something you dont like they "need to consider their position". That bullshit really grinds. What happens then when the next guy does something you dont like. Call for his head, continue to infinity...

Quote from: clarshack on November 12, 2021, 09:48:32 AM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2021/11/13/news/tyrone-turned-down-tg4-in-favour-of-streaming-final-2505642/

I think heads do need to roll here. Micky Kerr, Treasurer and McConnell should step down or be removed from Tyrone football for putting money ahead of the population of Tyrone.

Isn't it the job of the County board to raise funds. Emyes the price hike is large but if the money is going into helping the team surely its worth while. Other counties have cheaper subscriptions like Down but look at where they are at compared with tyrone.

£16 is steep for the game, thought £10-12 would have been more than enough if the money is used correctly to bring further success to Tyrone then surely its money well spent.

If tg4 had shown it live does the county board get a payment from it?

Healy park sponsor boards and jersey sponsors have missed out on some advertising, surely they could have been approached to cover cost difference, if this was the issue. De ja vu of the McAleer & Rushe jersey days here.

tiempo

Quote from: sensethetone on November 12, 2021, 10:51:47 AM
None of my business but i love in general how as soon as someone does something you dont like they "need to consider their position". That bullshit really grinds. What happens then when the next guy does something you dont like. Call for his head, continue to infinity...

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2021/11/13/news/tyrone-turned-down-tg4-in-favour-of-streaming-final-2505642/

I think heads do need to roll here. Micky Kerr, Treasurer and McConnell should step down or be removed from Tyrone football for putting money ahead of the population of Tyrone.

Isn't it the job of the County board to raise funds. Emyes the price hike is large but if the money is going into helping the team surely its worth while. Other counties have cheaper subscriptions like Down but look at where they are at compared with tyrone.

£16 is steep for the game, thought £10-12 would have been more than enough if the money is used correctly to bring further success to Tyrone then surely its money well spent.

Healy park sponsor boards and jersey sponsors have missed out on some advertising, surely they could have been approached to cover cost difference, if this was the issue. De ja vu of the McAleer & Rushe jersey days here.

We're in the process of ensuring the game has the biggest audience possible but there will be a potential (unprovable) drop in revenue against what we think we could have brought in, you couldn't top us up there? Seriously?

sensethetone

Quote from: tiempo on November 12, 2021, 10:56:44 AM
Quote from: sensethetone on November 12, 2021, 10:51:47 AM

We're in the process of ensuring the game has the biggest audience possible but there will be a potential (unprovable) drop in revenue against what we think we could have brought in, you couldn't top us up there? Seriously?

Yeah why not we can't get shocked anymore.

Tyrone Gaa

Unbelievable revelation that Tyrone GAA refused TG4 coverage of the county final for financial reasons. The RTE semi final was a classic and highlighted to the nation what a great club championship we have up here!!

COUNTY BOARD need to come out and address this with a full explanation. Promotion of games is surely their main job.

Funding streams come from sponsorship, central council, championship gates, Club Tyrone (and other such donation programs).  It comes down to pure greed.

I have called for heads to roll namely the treasurer and chairman. I now feel I need to add the PRO Mr McConnell to those who are not fit to hold office in the interest of grass roots GAA.
Living the dream!!!

barelegs

TG4 usually provide counties with €8-10k when they broadcast games from what I'm led to believe. From memory the Tyrone County Board had to refund £30-40k to paying subscribers for the 2018 (?) final when the system crashed and I'm sure it would have been more last year.

The extra money generated could in theory pay the wages of a schools coach for a year. It might be disappointing that its not free to air but I can certainly see their logic.

What's more interesting is how it will play out in Croke Park. They could in theory stop the Tyrone final being streamed if they chose to.

WT4E

Quote from: kickitin on November 12, 2021, 10:51:24 AM
Quote from: WT4E on November 12, 2021, 10:20:48 AM
Quote from: kickitin on November 12, 2021, 09:43:11 AM
Quote from: scout on November 12, 2021, 08:41:40 AM
Moortown & Dromore both by 4

the roes will not be beat. too big and strong. crippy mc guigan will take mcshane completely out of the game like he did mattie mcguigan, but i feel like owen roes have enough power to win anyway. tony devine to catch at least 57 kickouts

It took 3 of the murtin men to take mcguigan out of the game - Crippy had the easy job of standing beside him - Karl Hagan stood staring at him from in front.  ::) And he still scored 1-4  ::)  ::)

welcome to the board mattie mc guigan's oul boy

2 frees and a ball that literally bounced into his path that could not be missed. he's an unbelieveable player but i simply stated the player who marked him and IMO nullified him (hence the scoreline) as mcguigan is their biggest threat, will do the same with mcshannnnnnn tomorrow. tony devine show incoming

1700+ posts and you welcome me to the board you wouldn't be the smartest eel in the lough!

Crippy is the man for the job for sure can't wait to see it. Hope he has as much help as he got in Loughmacrory cause he's goin to need it.  ;D

the goal was on

Let's be honest... people will still pay and county board will get there money and move on. No heads will roll, promotions would be more like it. Only way to stop this type of action is boycott but they know that ain't an option for Dromore or Coalisland !

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: the goal was on on November 12, 2021, 11:32:32 AM
Let's be honest... people will still pay and county board will get there money and move on. No heads will roll, promotions would be more like it. Only way to stop this type of action is boycott but they know that ain't an option for Dromore or Coalisland !

Heads could roll if there were qualified people to run against these charlatans that currently hold office. Damien Harvey could step up again and give the Chairmanship another rattle. If not him then someone else respected in the county.

I'm certain there are better club PRO's in the county than Eugene McConnell who will put himself forward for any job going to seem important.

The clubs would then be in a position to pass judgment on the county board. If they go unchallenged the greed and elitist attitude will continue. 

They would need competent opposition then it would be for the clubs to decide at convention if they are happy with decisions taken by this County Board.
Living the dream!!!

Under Lights

Quote from: barelegs on November 12, 2021, 11:26:27 AM
TG4 usually provide counties with €8-10k when they broadcast games from what I'm led to believe. From memory the Tyrone County Board had to refund £30-40k to paying subscribers for the 2018 (?) final when the system crashed and I'm sure it would have been more last year.

The extra money generated could in theory pay the wages of a schools coach for a year. It might be disappointing that its not free to air but I can certainly see their logic.

What's more interesting is how it will play out in Croke Park. They could in theory stop the Tyrone final being streamed if they chose to.

Be great if the extra money goes to schools coaching.
Unrelated comment how is the Tyrone Senior team, management team and plus 1s ten day trip to Orlando funded? Do Croke Park pay towards this?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Under Lights on November 12, 2021, 11:54:02 AM
Quote from: barelegs on November 12, 2021, 11:26:27 AM

Be great if the extra money goes to schools coaching.
Unrelated comment how is the Tyrone Senior team, management team and plus 1s ten day trip to Orlando funded? Do Croke Park pay towards this?

I do believe Croke Park pay a significant chunk (if not all) of this trip probably for the 26 players. I'd doubt if they allow for the 40 players Tyrone carried all year in their panel.

I believe the Tyrone players not attending the holiday have been offered a cash alternative.
Living the dream!!!

kickitin

dromore's announcement on instagram/facebook

giving free tickets to their u16 members, a very good move which reflects even worse on the county board

still a rotten club right enough, up the fianna

lenny

Quote from: the goal was on on November 12, 2021, 11:32:32 AM

People should go to their local clubs to watch it with a couple of pints. That way their money is going to the local club instead of the greedy county board. I'm sure many will do this.

Man Marker

Does the  Tyrone  CB have a bottomless pit of money to pay for those minor and senior teams that get to All Ireland finals regularly. A magic wand it is ! Just a thought