NFL Division 2

Started by smelmoth, January 24, 2016, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Whats going to happen here?

Travelling to Navan next Sunday. Have absolutely no idea whether we are travelling in hope, expectation or fear? Armagh's squad is better than many ouside Armagh would give it credit for but its hard to know if the whole thing will click.

seafoid

Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 09:56:17 PM

Travelling to Navan next Sunday. Have absolutely no idea whether we are travelling in hope, expectation or fear? Armagh's squad is better than many ouside Armagh would give it credit for but its hard to know if the whole thing will click.
Tyrone to go up.
Any one of 3 or 4 could join them. Mediocre enough selection

Throw ball

Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 09:56:17 PM

Have the same thoughts myself.

People outside feel Armagh are this tough physical team with no forwards. I have more the thought that, bar a couple of exceptions, we do not have enough physique in defence or midfield to give a platform to forwards who have promise.

Travelling with hope if not confidence.

Il Bomber Destro

Tyrone and Derry will go up.

Tyrone have the best team in the division and Derry are a winter football team.

smelmoth

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 10:05:57 PM

The only thing that seem to be certain on is that Tyrone will go up. Their depth means they can cope with injury of an individuals lack of form and still get through.

Derry are probably favorites to go up with them. But who will go down?

Champion The Wonder Horse

Tyrone will go up as winners, Galway as runners up, based on talent. Hopefully Fermanagh and Cavan will go down.

We could finish second or seventh, but we probably won't.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 10:08:32 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 10:05:57 PM

The only thing that seem to be certain on is that Tyrone will go up. Their depth means they can cope with injury of an individuals lack of form and still get through.

Derry are probably favorites to go up with them. But who will go down?

It will be tight.

Cavan, Fermanagh and Laois have the three weakest squads you'd assume.

Cavan and Fermanagh will be very dogged though and will not go down easy. Laois have some decent players but I think they seem to be a county at odds with each other.

Armagh, Galway and Meath are teams that have some quality there but seem to be very enigmatic in what they make of it.

What is McGeeney at playing forwards in defence the whole time? Are there no defenders in Armagh or is he just not calling them up?

Will Hughes and Rushe of Cross join the county panel later on in the year?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 10:13:18 PM
Tyrone will go up as winners, Galway as runners up, based on talent. Hopefully Fermanagh and Cavan will go down.

Galway seem to be depleted at the minute, they have Laois away first which I could see them losing followed up by welcoming Tyrone.

0 points from those two games and they'll then be in a battle to stay up. It's a very competitive Division 2 - I'd say at least 4 of the Div 2 teams are better than Roscommon or Down. The first two rounds of games will be decisive I think in terms of who is going for promotion and who is battling for relegation.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 10:17:10 PM

Galway seem to be depleted at the minute, they have Laois away first which I could see them losing followed up by welcoming Tyrone.

0 points from those two games and they'll then be in a battle to stay up. It's a very competitive Division 2 - I'd say at least 4 of the Div 2 teams are better than Roscommon or Down. The first two rounds of games will be decisive I think in terms of who is going for promotion and who is battling for relegation.

Tyrone will go up. Galway, Meath and ourselves capable of promotion.
Ourselves and the other four capable of relegation.
Watched Galway and Laois against Down in NFL last year. Galway were a far better team than down, but lost; Laois were awful.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 10:17:10 PM

Tyrone will go up. Galway, Meath and ourselves capable of promotion.
Ourselves and the other four capable of relegation.
Watched Galway and Laois against Down in NFL last year. Galway were a far better team than down, but lost; Laois were awful.

Laois beat Galway last year.

Galway seem to be depleted at the minute. Laois will be looking at this game, a home game against a Galway side minus a few players and targeting it as one of their best bets for points.

bennydorano

Armagh have to hit the ground running, lose in Meath and it's an automatic relegation dogfight. Hard to know who is actually fit or available at the minute. Time for a few boys to stand up & make a name for themselves.

From the Bunker

Tyrone will run away with the division.   Derry and Galway should be favourite for second.  After that it is down to the usual middle of the road teams who could go either way and Fermanagh to be relegated.

Captain Obvious

Derry,Tyrone to be promoted straight back to Divsion one. Relegation harder to call as anyone of Galway,Armagh,Laois,Meath,Cavan and Fermanagh could fall through the trap door.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 24, 2016, 10:40:53 PM
Derry,Tyrone to be promoted straight back to Divsion one. Relegation harder to call as anyone of Galway,Armagh,Laois,Meath,Cavan and Fermanagh could fall through the trap door.

This one is far from an obvious call.

Itchy

Derry will do nothing. Not a set of balls in the whole team. Anyone who is basing league on the McKenna cup needs a reality check. It's very level and I think anyone could go up or down.