Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: gawa316 on June 28, 2021, 10:50:37 PM
The brickie marches on

;D under/over the bar always delivers

In fairness, I felt Mbappe was brickie-ing it as he walked up to take his penalty kick

rodney trotter

Quote from: lenny on June 28, 2021, 10:09:35 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on June 28, 2021, 09:46:12 PM
Benzemas first was a bit like Bergkamp v Newcastle. Brilliant flick,

Not even close to being the same. The finish was great but the flick was just lucky IMO.

Bergkamp was lucky too then. They were both great flicks

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 28, 2021, 10:52:28 PM
Mbappe wasn't his usual self tonight. It wasn't a surprise to see him miss that peno.
No definitely looked to be lacking confidence all night. Looked a cert to miss the pen. Switzerland wanted that all night.

screenexile

Swiss we're outstanding all night... what a great evenings entertainment hopefully the pricks go out tomorrow to make it a great start to the week!

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2021, 08:08:05 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 28, 2021, 07:59:45 PM
I honestly don't know how anybody could be complaining about either the quality or the entertainment on show at this Euros as a whole

Sure you get the odd borefest - they generally involve Sweden - but as a whole the tournament has been enthralling

It will absolutely wipe the GAA for ratings come Saturday
Thrilling like Louth v Offaly
You were saying?

sid waddell

France v Switzerland was quite simply the most thrilling major finals match I have ever seen

In 2018 France were a highly disciplined unit, in this tournament they were a mixture of Brazil 1982, Newcastle 1996, Brazil 2014 and the Harlem Globetrotters

They were simultaneously gloriously brilliant and a complete shambles

The Swiss reached an Alpine peak they could not have dreamed of

The match was a glorious madness, a sumptuous moveable feast, and anybody who wasn't thrilled by it is dead inside

It made the thrill a minute Spain v Croatia match seem like a bore

Taylor

I'll be very surprised if either of this evenings games are half as exciting.

Mbappe has had a poor tournament throughout.

Nice to see the team of superstars consoling him after the miss  :o

johnnycool

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 28, 2021, 10:10:28 PM
Where did the Swiss suddenly grow such balls

When they let in loads of Balkans fleeing the atrocities there.

Plenty of "ovic's" in their teamsheets and they're not afraid to get into a bit of a tackle.

Fair play to them, exposed a very soft centre to the French defence..

trailer

Mbappe is what he is. An ok luxury player in a piss poor league. Never does it on the big stage. He needs a move to a better league and a better team. He is nowhere near as good as people think he is and I think he is lucky to get a place in that France team.

The Swiss deserved their victory. Once Pogba started dancing they upped their game and were the better team for most of the match.

mouview

Quote from: trailer on June 29, 2021, 08:52:21 AM
Mbappe is what he is. An ok luxury player in a piss poor league. Never does it on the big stage. He needs a move to a better league and a better team. He is nowhere near as good as people think he is and I think he is lucky to get a place in that France team.

The Swiss deserved their victory. Once Pogba started dancing they upped their game and were the better team for most of the match.

Strange; as I recall, he had an excellent WC in 2018.

sid waddell

Mbappe is a great player

He does need to get away from PSG though, the whole atmosphere there always seems to be wrong

Although Wijnaldum and Donarumma are excellent signings for them, Wijnaldum is the type of player they've been crying out for

imtommygunn

Yeah he's  a cracking player - just didn't happen for him this tournament goalwise and probably dented his confidence. Likewise I'd like to see him at Real or Barca.

trailer

Mbottler. A fraud. A charlatan.
He showed wonderful promise but he hasn't pushed on. He's Neymar#2. Wants to be a big fish in small pond. He won't achieve anything by staying in France. His career is at a crossroads.

TabClear

Quote from: trailer on June 29, 2021, 08:52:21 AM

Was glad to see the French go out just for that. Wonderful goal but no need for the "look at me" afterwards

quit yo jibbajabba

Fantastic goal but its the 3 different celebrations that gets a bit tiresome