Division one 2021

Started by tonto1888, December 14, 2020, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Tyronies complaining about players going down clutching there face, wonder who Donegal picked it up from.

matchfit21

Did anyone catch the clip of McHugh running around screaming at officials for someone to be booked? My god it's embarrassing. I'd love teams to start highlighting it in media interviews. He's constantly reffing games or else crying and faking injury. He's a well established joke at this stage.

J70

Quote from: matchfit21 on May 15, 2021, 11:27:09 PM
Did anyone catch the clip of McHugh running around screaming at officials for someone to be booked? My god it's embarrassing. I'd love teams to start highlighting it in media interviews. He's constantly reffing games or else crying and faking injury. He's a well established joke at this stage.

You seem very upset about McHugh and Donegal.

You should start a thread.

Hound

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 15, 2021, 11:55:31 AM

Rock seemingly injured for the Dubs, Cluxton not involved this weekend.

Subs bench:
Shiel (GK), C Basquel, Howard, Lahiff, Lowndes, C McHugh, Philly, Sean McMahon, Dara Mullin, Cian Murphy, Peadar son of Blathnid.

A bit of a changing of the guard on the bench

dublin7

Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2021, 12:48:32 AM

McHugh is a fine footballer, but you only have to look at him aggressively for him to go down. What makes it even more annoying is a quality player like him doesn't be getting involved in amateur theatrics on the pitch

Rossfan

Quote from: Hound on May 16, 2021, 08:06:37 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 15, 2021, 11:55:31 AM

Rock seemingly injured for the Dubs, Cluxton not involved this weekend.

Subs bench:
Shiel (GK), C Basquel, Howard, Lahiff, Lowndes, C McHugh, Philly, Sean McMahon, Dara Mullin, Cian Murphy, Peadar son of Blathnid.

A bit of a changing of the guard on the bench
Another "golden generation"?
Hopefully we'll keep the ball kicked out to ye :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: dublin7 on May 16, 2021, 08:27:17 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2021, 12:48:32 AM

McHugh is a fine footballer, but you only have to look at him aggressively for him to go down. What makes it even more annoying is a quality player like him doesn't be getting involved in amateur theatrics on the pitch

It's also annoying when every time he is clotheslined or hit with a high tackle that he gets accused of diving. That included that spell a few years ago when he had to take break from football after getting a couple of concussions (including a brain bleed) in a matter of months, partly due to getting cleaned out of it in matches against Dublin, Kildare and Tyrone.

Mayo Border

Diarmuid Murtagh missed in front of open goal. Some nice points by Ross. Dubs appear in 2nd gear.

Hound

Good start to the game but some miss by the Roscommon lad. Seemed to be attempting to palm it over the bar despite having an open goal to aim at, but when he closed his eyes he couldn't even do that.

Rudi

The offensive mark is a load of dung.

greatpoint

Was outside the square and wasn't a black card.

Blowitupref

The Dublin penalty looked like a foul outside the area. That decision probably ends this game as a contest now
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo Border

Quote from: greatpoint on May 16, 2021, 02:06:29 PM
Was outside the square and wasn't a black card.
Surely that's a bullshyte rule. Refs are going to be slated whether they give the penalty or not. Good dive by Small all the same

Hound

Is there not a new rule in that a black card offence + stopping a goalscoring chance = penalty ?

I assumed that's why the pen was given

greatpoint

Quote from: Hound on May 16, 2021, 02:17:56 PM
Is there not a new rule in that a black card offence + stopping a goalscoring chance = penalty ?

I assumed that's why the pen was given

Wasn't a black card.

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1393916706033217542