Armagh team for the Championship

Started by eriugaMS, March 18, 2012, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Was told his girlfriend has come home... so you never know!

fitzroyalty

What shape would he be in though? Midfield wouldn't be my main worry against Tyrone to be honest. Still think we will beat them though.

bennydorano

Last i heard Toner had his work tools forwarded on to Oz, not the actions of man comin home anytime soon.

yellowcard

1. McEvoy
2. Mallon
3. Donaghy
4. Morgan
5. Kernan
6. McKeever
7. Duffy
8. Vernon
9. Mackin
10. Forker
11. Hanratty
12. Duffy
13. Clarke
14. Rafferty
15. Mallon

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: yellowcard on April 11, 2012, 03:20:07 PM
1. McEvoy
2. Mallon
3. Donaghy
4. Morgan
5. Kernan
6. McKeever
7. Duffy
8. Vernon
9. Mackin
10. Forker
11. Hanratty
12. Duffy
13. Clarke
14. Rafferty
15. Mallon

This would be similar to what I would go for. Maybe switch Hanratty and Mackin and possibly Geoghegan in nets.

Applesisapples

Geoghan is a better bet in nets. Stevenson I think is still worth his place for frees.

mackers

I would make a few adjustments to the team yellowcard has listed.  I'd hope that Geoghan (sp?) gets plenty of opportunities in the forthcoming challenge matches as he was starting to shape up before he got injured. McEvoy doesn't look comfortable under a high ball.  I'd have Decky McKenna in for Paul Duffy who's had a stinker in the league and he and AK are similarly prone to prefer the attacking aspect of the WB play leaving us exposed at the back.
I would swap Hanratty and Mackin as CHF is Mal's best position IMO.
Lessons have to be learnt from Omagh last year. Peter Harte has to be man marked, James Lavery has to be left on the bench due to his lack of mobility and we have to have a foil for J Clarke as the Tyrone found it very easy to snuff him out last year. Caolan Rafferty has the potential to do so.
Stevenson is not worth carrying for his frees as we get nothing from him in general play. We have A Forker and AK who are excellent left footed freetakers.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

yellowcard

Quote from: mackers on April 11, 2012, 03:49:36 PM
I would make a few adjustments to the team yellowcard has listed.  I'd hope that Geoghan (sp?) gets plenty of opportunities in the forthcoming challenge matches as he was starting to shape up before he got injured. McEvoy doesn't look comfortable under a high ball.  I'd have Decky McKenna in for Paul Duffy who's had a stinker in the league and he and AK are similarly prone to prefer the attacking aspect of the WB play leaving us exposed at the back.
Lessons have to be learnt from Omagh last year. Peter Harte has to be man marked, James Lavery has to be left on the bench due to his lack of mobility and we have to have a foil for J Clarke as the Tyrone found it very easy to snuff him out last year. Caolan Rafferty has the potential to do so.
Stevenson is not worth carrying for his frees as we get nothing from him in general play. We have A Forker and AK who are excellent left footed freetakers.

Agree with a lot of what your saying. I would reluctantly put Duffy in at WHB because whilst McKenna has shown gradual improvement in the League I just don't know if he is dynamic enough to play there. Goalkeeper is a toss up, Geoghegan hasn't been seen enough to know if he's good enough at this level but McEvoy, whilst being a good shot stopper, looks dodgy under a high ball.

I would put Johnny Hanratty in at CHF precisely for the reason you suggested, namely that Peter Harte be man marked. I think he can upset Hartes rhythm and needs no introduction to the darker arts whilst at the same time having the necessary tactical discipline to perform this role.

Armamike

Quote from: mackers on April 11, 2012, 03:49:36 PM

Another lesson to learn is to stop Tyrone running through the middle of our defence the way they did last year! The Armagh management team should take a look at the dvd of the Dublin Tyrone game last year and check out how Dublin managed to block up the middle of their defence. Haven't seen Tyrone this year but they always liked to pull the backline out of position and leave room for men to attack through the centre.
That's just, like your opinion man.

eriugaMS

shit///////

Just  realised my team has no CMK................ Defo gonna win the All ireland this year with an absent C Mckeever in all already great team.

BW

regal

Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2012, 12:05:57 AM
Christ almighty.

If I was made Armagh manager tomorrow, James Morgan would def be starting at corner back against Tyrone.

However......

I don't claim to know a whole pile about soccer but I cannot accept anybody drawing comparisons between James Morgan starting for Armagh in the Ulster championship and Ryan Bertrand starting for Chelsea in the Champions League final.

Talk about apples and oranges.......

I think that this is what Crossmaglen are getting so excited about.... James Morgan is the new Ryan Bertrand!!

omagh_gael

DuffleKing

Smokin Joe

Quote from: eriugaMS on June 02, 2012, 11:54:17 PM
shit///////

Just  realised my team has no CMK................ Defo gonna win the All ireland this year with an absent C Mckeever in all already great team.

BW

Have you been on the Malibu and milk again?