Leinster Football Championship 1/4 Final - Laoise v Wicklow

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 18, 2008, 03:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Was working in Bray and Wicklow Town today..There are posters up everywhere that say "Come on Micklow"  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Maguire01

0-09 - 0-04 at half time and Laois should really be out of sight - some very poor finishing.  Poor game and Wicklow are woeful.

DUBSFORSAM1

An absolutely terrible game of football to be honest

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

magickingdom

DUBSFORSAM1

The incapability to catch balls, kick straight, handpass straight or even take simple scores defies belief when you think about how much training these guys do....

DUBSFORSAM1

How unlucky was Stafford hitting the cross bar with that shot....

1 points down and 4 simple points missed by going for goals...

magickingdom

how a team with no midfield possession can still be in it at the end is beyond me...

Dinny Breen

Quotehow a team with no midfield possession can still be in it at the end is beyond me...

Because Laois's finishing was abysmal, if Laois didn't have Ross Munnelly they'd be heading to the qualifiers. Enjoyable 2nd half but Leinster football really is at an all time low, both teams struggled with the basics and can't see anyone but Dublin challenging from Leinster.  :(
#newbridgeornowhere

orangeman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 31, 2008, 08:45:42 PM
Quotehow a team with no midfield possession can still be in it at the end is beyond me...

Because Laois's finishing was abysmal, if Laois didn't have Ross Munnelly they'd be heading to the qualifiers. Enjoyable 2nd half but Leinster football really is at an all time low, both teams struggled with the basics and can't see anyone but Dublin challenging from Leinster.  :(

Good enough summary of the game and the state of Leinster - nobody bar Meath could give Dublin a game.

Armagh Exile

Quotenobody bar Meath could give Dublin a game.

Surely you mean "Nobody bar Dublin could give Meath a game".

Maguire01

Enjoyable enough second half - was really hoping Wicklow could pull it out of the fire (being the underdog - nothing in particular against Laois). 

Like Fermanagh last week, who only won by 4 points and had 2 soft goals,  Laois had only their keeper to thank for not letting 2 goals in and only held on to win by 2.  Given the midfield possesion, in both cases, the winners (Laois and Fermanagh) should have had the game closed out, but didn't.

Oh, and Tony Davis was having problems keeping up with the scores, and at one point called a point a goal.  Sharp as a razor.

Main Street

Wicklow did enough to be deeply disappointed at the end after sticking with their task, staying close enough then throwing away a few points.
I dunno why I am always looking out for the underdog.

Laois should improve.

INDIANA

i would differ with the views here. A dublin man being nice about laois, better chalk this down.
laois introduced a number a new players tonight ,missing their first choice midfield and still won the game in a canter. not too many of the critics county teams here would cope too well without their first choice midfield and 5 debuts. laois were about 9-12 points a better team. their finsihing was poor but that can be worked on. I'd say Kearns is happy enough. He's found an excellent full back,  a new midfield pairing and probably has the most talented young player in the country in O Loughlin. they let wicklow into the game, the lack of pace of some of the wicklow lads was frightening at times. I don't think Laois will win anything this year but i'd be far more hopeful for this batch of young laois players than the previous crew.
Jesus Kildare can't feel good about themselves tonight, they must be sitting at home tonight thinking to themselves are we really that bad? There is a reason why Wicklow are in div 4, let's face it with all the momentum before tonight they couldn't beat a laois team missing their first choice midfield pairing, missing other players with injuries, losing one of their best forwards after 15 mins, and with 2 greenhorns at midfield! Mc Geeney must be saying to himself, i'll go back to playing.