Munster Football Championships 2021

Started by Ball Hopper, May 13, 2021, 03:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 25, 2021, 05:24:55 PM
Cork won an All-Ireland U-20 title recently enough, is there anyone who was on that team playing today at all?

Sean Meehan i think.

The bridge between U20 is a lot bigger to senior than it was at U21 level.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

Where Cork not the team caught training on a beach during lock down.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Cork won an All-Ireland U-20 title recently enough, is there anyone who was on that team playing today at all?

Kerry's best players don't get the opportunity to play under 20. So there is an asterisks after that title. 

twohands!!!

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 25, 2021, 05:33:40 PM

There's a gag about training on the beach and the weather conditions today waiting to be made that I can almost taste it's so close.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Schkite on July 25, 2021, 05:31:38 PM
Should that not be a black card and a penalty under the new rules?

Do you mean the Cork player taken clean out of it with a body check in the first half? Def black card. Cork were running through Kerry down the left side. Had the ref correctly issued a black card Cork would prob have pushed their dominance hard up until half time and who knows?   The ref instead chose to bottle it in Killarney.

Rossfan

Jases that was an awful hammering in the last 3 quarters.
Did they really need a Ref traipsing from Derry to Kerry in these pandemic times?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Schkite

Quote from: StPatsAbu on July 25, 2021, 07:09:44 PM

Do you mean the Cork player taken clean out of it with a body check in the first half? Def black card. Cork were running through Kerry down the left side. Had the ref correctly issued a black card Cork would prob have pushed their dominance hard up until half time and who knows?   The ref instead chose to bottle it in Killarney.

I was actually talking about the time in the second half when Clifford was clearly dragged back just outside the penalty box, and a free was given. Under these new rules surely that's a perfect example of a black card and penalty. Now, the game was long over at that point so it makes no difference, it's just another example of there being no consistency in how this rule is applied. And of course Dessie the gombeen has no notion of it either, as he called that " a perfect decision by the ref".

Missed parts of the first half so I can't remember the incident you're referring to, does sound like a similar case from that description.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 25, 2021, 05:33:40 PM

And naked too...  8)

Blowitupref

That win for Kerry today was the biggest Munster SFC final win since Kerry beat Clare by 23 points in 1919.

Hound

Quote from: Schkite on July 25, 2021, 07:32:09 PM

I was actually talking about the time in the second half when Clifford was clearly dragged back just outside the penalty box, and a free was given. Under these new rules surely that's a perfect example of a black card and penalty. Now, the game was long over at that point so it makes no difference, it's just another example of there being no consistency in how this rule is applied. And of course Dessie the gombeen has no notion of it either, as he called that " a perfect decision by the ref".

Missed parts of the first half so I can't remember the incident you're referring to, does sound like a similar case from that description.
Slagging Dessie off about not knowing the rule, but not knowing the rule yourself?
Drag back is not a black card. You have to deliberately bring someone to the ground without playing the ball to warrant the black card.

Not talking about Schtike, but it's often the ones who give out most about the black card who are the ones calling for more black cards to be given. The way the rule is written, the black card is hard to get. Or should be hard to get if reffed correctly.

Milltown Row2

Yes I thought that incident was a black card, not sure it was a penalty as there was plenty around him in fairness, he gave a yellow I think so possibly interpreted it as a foul as he tried to play ball?

As for the other one, he didn't see it and that's the call of the linesman
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Hound on July 25, 2021, 09:59:37 PM

Slagging Dessie off about not knowing the rule, but not knowing the rule yourself?
Drag back is not a black card. You have to deliberately bring someone to the ground without playing the ball to warrant the black card.

Not talking about Schtike, but it's often the ones who give out most about the black card who are the ones calling for more black cards to be given. The way the rule is written, the black card is hard to get. Or should be hard to get if reffed correctly.
I think you are mistaken Hound,
it is a new rule.
"If a cynical foul is committed on an attacking player with a goal-scoring opportunity inside the 20-metre line or the semi-circular arc, then a penalty will be awarded to the team affected." A black card and 10-minute sin-bin will also be given.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 25, 2021, 09:57:24 PM
That win for Kerry today was the biggest Munster SFC final win since Kerry beat Clare by 23 points in 1919.

Cork shouldn't be in the championship. Tier 2 or 3 for them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

yellowcard

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 25, 2021, 05:41:42 PM

Kerry's best players don't get the opportunity to play under 20. So there is an asterisks after that title.

Why would there be an asterisk after that title, all counties play by the same rules they can choose what players they wish.