Lions Tour

Started by bennydorano, June 03, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

SA have sorta lost the run of themselves. Embrassing stuff coming out. Doubt your man lost the plot. We all love to send refs a collection of decisions we don't agreed with. Most sensible people don't. Brings the South African Management into focus. Surprised world Rugby hasn't took action to address.

JPGJOHNNYG

This is a hard watch

Gmac

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 31, 2021, 06:43:27 PM
This is a hard watch
brutal no continuity game stopping every 2 minutes

Capt Pat

South Africa got a big break there with the Am try. I don't think he grounded it with his hand, he grounded it with his forearm.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 31, 2021, 06:50:19 PM
South Africa got a big break there with the Am try. I don't think he grounded it with his hand, he grounded it with his forearm.
Didn't think it would be given. Maybe a bit of pressure applied to the officials during the week has its merits.

Capt Pat

The  lions miss not having Rees Zammit in the team at this moment in time imho.

Gmac

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 31, 2021, 06:56:02 PM
The  lions miss not having Rees Zammit in the team at this moment in time imho.
be a wales back 3 next game and a lot more changes I think

JPGJOHNNYG

Hogg, Van derM and Watson have stank the place out.

Capt Pat

I see the GAA are running the Limerick all Ireland hurling semi final in direct competition with the Lions decider 5 o clock on saturday. That is Limerick rugby city. I will of course watch both at the same time on my various devices.

bennydorano

Christ that was a hard watch

Main Street

I like this South African team, I hope they win the series. Amandla.

Applesisapples

And I was castigated for saying the lions was nothing but a jolly.

bennydorano

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 02, 2021, 11:31:07 AM

Bio-secure bubbles away from their friends & family, very limited social interactions, it's winter, daily professional training, they're getting physically pummelled by the World Champions - I've no idea what part of that would constitute a 'Jolly' tbh???

6th sam

Quote from: bennydorano on August 02, 2021, 12:12:11 PM

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 02, 2021, 11:31:07 AM

Bio-secure bubbles away from their friends & family, very limited social interactions, it's winter, daily professional training, they're getting physically pummelled by the World Champions - I've no idea what part of that would constitute a 'Jolly' tbh???

Would agree, not a "jolly" , but I genuinely don't get it. Hype over substance

6th sam

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 31, 2021, 07:40:32 PM
I see the GAA are running the Limerick all Ireland hurling semi final in direct competition with the Lions decider 5 o clock on saturday. That is Limerick rugby city. I will of course watch both at the same time on my various devices.

I presume this is a wind up.
The all-ireland semifinal of our national sport , should bow to a contrived, overhyped gather-up.
I can just see it , lads on tables in pubs around the country (outside and socially distanced of course) , singing the fields of Athenry , beating their chests and roaring with tears in their eyes , "I'm British & Irish to the core" 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

I used to enjoy Irish rugby internationals , but my interest has wained in recent years as the game has got more boring and high risk of head/neck injuries. But I can still relate to the sense of place eg  club, province , country. However how somebody from Munster can get worked up about playing alongside someone from Northampton, genuinely baffles me