Programme for national government

Started by Main Street, March 06, 2011, 08:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Before the ink has dried on election promises, FG/Lab have decided to tell Paddy what they will do

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0306/programme_for_national_government.pdf

'The new Government supports the objectives of the EU/IMF Programme of Support i.e. restructuring and recapitalising the banking system, achieving fiscal stability and returning the Irish economy to growth.'

That was easy, why didn't they clearly say so before the election?

'In our engagement with the lenders, we will pursue a number of different strategies to achieve this end'.

1. 'seek a reduced interest rate'

and ????  what about unsecured bondholder debt? Maybe thats all part of a secret strategy?

2. 'avoiding further down-grades to our sovereign credit rating by setting further capital spend by the State on bank re-capitalisation'

ie. pour more state money into the banks after some solvency test.

The rest is just about how to extract more cents from Paddy,

On state asset stripping to help pay for banking losses and needy banker's bonuses

´A 21st century "Smart Grid": Beginning with the hand-over of ESB's transmission assets to Eirgrid, we will create a new 'Smart Grid' company with ultimate full ownership and responsibility for the development of Ireland's electricity and gas networks.´

Is that Eirgrid plc?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Main Street don't you live in the 6 counties, what extra cent will you be paying?  ::)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 08:23:30 PM
Main Street don't you live in the 6 counties, what extra cent will you be paying?  ::)

Is that the official blueshirt FG defence?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 06, 2011, 08:28:04 PM

Sometimes the pontificatication from the pubbombers NI-SF and their supporters can become nauseating.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 08:35:05 PM

Sometimes the pontificatication from the pubbombers NI-SF and their supporters can become nauseating.
I don't know who you are referring to, I'm not a SF supporter, I didn't think main street was?
anyway, you were doing plenty of mouthing before the election, why so quiet now?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 06, 2011, 08:37:41 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 08:35:05 PM

I don't know who you are referring to, I'm not a SF supporter, I didn't think main street was?
anyway, you were doing plenty of mouthing before the election, why so quiet now?

Because I was drinking friday and saturday night and have had two major hangovers. That ok?

Main Street

Yeah sure, I'm really from Tyrone but to my credit I am currently in the 10th and final year of an intense yet enlightening de-brainwashing programme. The final year concludes with a barefoot trip up Croagh Patrick, as an ultimate act of penance and retribution. I hope I make it.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Main Street on March 06, 2011, 08:42:19 PM
Yeah sure, I'm really from Tyrone but to my credit I am currently in the 10th and final year of an intense yet enlightening de-brainwashing programme. The final year concludes with a barefoot trip up Croagh Patrick, as an ultimate act of penance and retribution. I hope I make it.

Best way to climb the Reek is with shoes and to do it for the scenery and the exercise (only reason I ever do it & do it quite often), if its for some fairytail religious reason, then that is quite insane.

Main Street

Currently, the standard for insanity is the Programme for National Government.
Compared to that, everything else are mere fairytales.

Anything you would like to add to the discussion? You do care to read such documents?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Main Street on March 06, 2011, 08:53:41 PM
Currently, the standard for insanity is the Programme for National Government.
Compared to that, everything else are mere fairytales.

Anything you would like to add to the discussion? You do care to read such documents?

Have you got another link, my browser cannot open it. I got a gander in the six-one news and from what I saw it looked grand.

Maguire01

Was anyone actually surprised at what was in the programme? Was it not pretty much what was to be expected?

lawnseed

it reads like brian lenahan wrote it.. same same.. and with most of the tds in the dail behind it including fianna fail and the bulk of the independents who can oppose it we are in practically a single party state situation.
i watched judas gilmore on tv today hes like the dog who killed the sheep.. tail between his legs eyes down.. he knows hes betrayed the irish people but with a fat wage and a ministers pension he'll make do
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on March 06, 2011, 10:34:35 PM
it reads like brian lenahan wrote it.. same same.. and with most of the tds in the dail behind it including fianna fail and the bulk of the independents who can oppose it we are in practically a single party state situation.
i watched judas gilmore on tv today hes like the dog who killed the sheep.. tail between his legs eyes down.. he knows hes betrayed the irish people but with a fat wage and a ministers pension he'll make do

Fine Gael, Labour, Independents and the Rump party were given a huge mandate by the Irish people.

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 10:42:46 PM

Fine Gael, Labour, Independents and the Rump party were given a huge mandate by the Irish people.

you and i both know whats happening. mandate my arse people voted for change and what their getting is the same stuff in a different wrapper. marathon/snickers springs to mind

ps did you hear all that playing our part in europe stuff on rte this evening you know what that means.. the european rapid force
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: lawnseed on March 06, 2011, 11:04:59 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 10:42:46 PM

you and i both know whats happening. mandate my arse people voted for change and what their getting is the same stuff in a different wrapper. marathon/snickers springs to mind

Did they?

The largest proportion of the vote was for Fine Gael. Historically FG's policies have been broadly similar to FF's with a few minor tweaks here and there.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?