Programme for national government

Started by Main Street, March 06, 2011, 08:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 06, 2011, 11:10:49 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 06, 2011, 11:04:59 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 10:42:46 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 06, 2011, 10:34:35 PM
it reads like brian lenahan wrote it.. same same.. and with most of the tds in the dail behind it including fianna fail and the bulk of the independents who can oppose it we are in practically a single party state situation.
i watched judas gilmore on tv today hes like the dog who killed the sheep.. tail between his legs eyes down.. he knows hes betrayed the irish people but with a fat wage and a ministers pension he'll make do

Fine Gael, Labour, Independents and the Rump party were given a huge mandate by the Irish people.

you and i both know whats happening. mandate my arse people voted for change and what their getting is the same stuff in a different wrapper. marathon/snickers springs to mind

Did they?

The largest proportion of the vote was for Fine Gael. Historically FG's policies have been broadly similar to FF's with a few minor tweaks here and there.

then why bother with debates labour are fine gael are fianna fail.. you agree with me nothing has changed, the policies that got the country into 120 billion approx of debt and lost our sovereignty are to continue.. i think the hundreds of folk interviewed over the last six weeks in the media actually thought something was going to change.. thank god for ming hes a wonderous distraction
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on March 06, 2011, 11:19:02 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 06, 2011, 11:10:49 PM
it reads like brian lenahan wrote it.. same same.. and with most of the tds in the dail behind it including fianna fail and the bulk of the independents who can oppose it we are in practically a single party state situation.
i watched judas gilmore on tv today hes like the dog who killed the sheep.. tail between his legs eyes down.. he knows hes betrayed the irish people but with a fat wage and a ministers pension he'll make do

Fine Gael, Labour, Independents and the Rump party were given a huge mandate by the Irish people.

you and i both know whats happening. mandate my arse people voted for change and what their getting is the same stuff in a different wrapper. marathon/snickers springs to mind

Did they?

The largest proportion of the vote was for Fine Gael. Historically FG's policies have been broadly similar to FF's with a few minor tweaks here and there.

then why bother with debates labour are fine gael are fianna fail.. you agree with me nothing has changed, the policies that got the country into 120 billion approx of debt and lost our sovereignty are to continue.. i think the hundreds of folk interviewed over the last six weeks in the media actually thought something was going to change.. thank god for ming hes a wonderous distraction

Sorry Lawnseed, we just don't want Sinn Féin.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Pangurban

stephenite

Pangurban

Also better than self government for you lot, as you have demonstrated your inability to handle it. When you squealing like stuck pigs as the ECB and IMF grind you into the ground, you will be singing from a different Hymn sheet

Cosmo Kramer

It's a shame the country's still fucked but at least we'll have to listen to a lot less of MGHUs' crap since FG/Lab photocopied the Fianna Fail programme for government and presented it to the country as their version of change last night. Nice to see him on the back foot for a while.

Still beats being governed by Sinn Fein though.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

stephenite

Pangurban hasn't the wit to have an original thought so I won't be taking any advice from that relic/hypocrite

Maguire01

you and i both know whats happening. mandate my arse people voted for change and what their getting is the same stuff in a different wrapper.
People are getting exactly what they voted for. Did you miss the election result? SF offered an alternative and less than 10% of the voters were convinced. SF said many times during the campaign that FF/FG/Lab were 'all the same', yet people (over 70% of the voters) opted for them. What does that tell you about what the Irish people want?

Did you expect FG/Lab to get elected and turn around and say "actually, SF were right, so lets ignore what the Irish people voted for..." ? That wouldn't be very democratic.

Tubberman

ps did you hear all that playing our part in europe stuff on rte this evening you know what that means.. the european rapid force

Do you actually know how the electoral process works???
You type an awful amount of shite on this board.
The people voted for 1) FG 2) Lab 3) FF 4) Ind 5) SF

So they got exactly what they voted for, you plank
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Main Street

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 09:02:34 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 06, 2011, 08:53:41 PM
Currently, the standard for insanity is the Programme for National Government.
Compared to that, everything else are mere fairytales.

Anything you would like to add to the discussion? You do care to read such documents?

Have you got another link, my browser cannot open it. I got a gander in the six-one news and from what I saw it looked grand.
The link I provided works fine.
I´m sure the soundbites from the news sounded grand to your ears and you don't actually have to delve any deeper

Main Street

Of course people are getting the parties they voted for but they are not getting  the promises made by those parties, albeit very limited promises to ease the debt burden.

With hindsight, Martin was more honest and upfront in the debates  about what a hypothetical FF gov would do. Hard to credit, that FG/Lab could be more devious than FF.

These lines are taken from an article in the Indo this morning.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/deal-is-simply-offering-more-of-the-same-failed-policies-2568381.html
Even before the talks began, Mr Noonan had warned that all of the previous positions on banking and the budget deficit would be irrelevant.
The EU was warning them not to build up any expectations about an imminent easing of interest rates, or early negotiations on loans.

"In reality, what we have negotiated is very close to Fianna Fail's four-year plan," said one of the party negotiators last night."
"But it was originally dictated to Fianna Fail by the EU."
And while, of course, they declined to confirm it, the EU will be dictating terms to the incoming Government, too.

johnneycool

Quote from: Main Street on March 07, 2011, 10:07:57 AM
Of course people are getting the parties they voted for but they are not getting  the promises made by those parties, albeit very limited promises to ease the debt burden.

With hindsight, Martin was more honest and upfront in the debates  about what a hypothetical FF gov would do. Hard to credit, that FG/Lab could be more devious than FF.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/deal-is-simply-offering-more-of-the-same-failed-policies-2568381.html
Even before the talks began, Mr Noonan had warned that all of the previous positions on banking and the budget deficit would be irrelevant.
The EU was warning them not to build up any expectations about an imminent easing of interest rates, or early negotiations on loans.

"In reality, what we have negotiated is very close to Fianna Fail's four-year plan," said one of the party negotiators last night."
And while, of course, they declined to confirm it, the EU will be dictating terms to the incoming Government, too.

The programme for national government was written by the IMF and EU central bank, not FF, FG, Labour or anyone in Ireland.

Main Street

On Jan 26-2011
Noonan
...  on the money lent by private sector bondholders to Irish banks he said a new government would seek to renegotiate the terms of those senior bonds not covered by a 2008 government guarantee. "There's about €15bn out there which in the Irish context is a lot of money," he said.

I will not bother getting a Labour quote but it's safe to say that their rhetoric was a bit stronger than FG.
So, what do we get when when we put FG and Lab together ? ----   Nothing - zilch - nada.
Strange one that. But can be understood as,  one empty promise + one empty promise = 2 empty promises = 0

Perhaps we will know more or less about the spine of this government when the dead banks somehow pass their solvency test and extra state billions are pumped in, when after which, lo and behold, they will remain dead.

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnneycool on March 07, 2011, 10:33:53 AM
Quote from: Main Street on March 07, 2011, 10:07:57 AM

The programme for national government was written by the IMF and EU central bank, not FF, FG, Labour or anyone in Ireland.

Yes, and that really pisses me off.

seafoid

Quote from: stephenite on March 07, 2011, 12:43:57 AM
Quote from: Pangurban on March 07, 2011, 12:40:09 AM
No,you prefer Baruso

Better than Sinn Fein

How so ? If Ireland goes down the Barroso route default is inevitable. The health cuts that follow  will lead to early deaths for many Irish people.