The Absolute Monarch of the Vatican City to visit Ireland.

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, March 07, 2011, 04:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 07, 2011, 06:50:06 PM
Do Irish people actually say Riddle me this? Its like that "Wheres my luck charms" and "top of the morning to ya" only found on American tv.

I don't know if Irish people say it. I've only heard Englishmen say it, I picked it up from an Englishman. Never thought of it as "leprachaunish".

Eamonnca1

Now that you can resume reading, back to the point. If you prefer a parliamentary system over a US-style presidential system, does that mean you'd oppose a visit by Barack Obama?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 07, 2011, 07:40:48 PM
Now that you can resume reading, back to the point. If you prefer a parliamentary system over a US-style presidential system, does that mean you'd oppose a visit by Barack Obama?

Not really the same thing. I have issues with Monarchical forms of government. I have no problem with either the Pope of Rome and his Princes visiting or the Queen of England. I just have no interest in seeing either.

Barack Obama fills both the Head of State and Primeminister role in the U.S.A.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 07, 2011, 05:45:02 PM
To answer the question I want neither of these people in my country and won't be present unless its with a banner telling them to piss off back where they came from.

+1.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Eamonnca1

If you have no interest in it then that's one thing.  What I don't understand is the "no to foreign games crowd" who will probably show up with banners claiming to be offended by the visit. If the Brits want to keep a constitutional monarchy as their system then let them work away. Foreign heads of state come to visit all the time. What odds about it?