Big favour...

Started by DJGaliv, June 07, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJGaliv

Looking for a favour, but I know it's a long shot.
I don't have a passport, and was getting it renewed but the passport office say it'll be near 6 weeks, and I'm going away on holidays in two weeks time.
Does anyone have any links to the passport office that might help me, or any advice?
Flying ryanair and they need a passport so can't use the driving licence unfortunately

Cannonball

Had a similar problem a few years ago. I came down from Tyrone to the passport offices in Dublin and got sorted out on the day.  I don't know if you can still do it but could be worth a shot.  You'd need to be there first thing in the morning though and be prepared to wait, which admittedly is a pain, but worth it.
Do you believe in God?......I don't understand the question.

Cde

also need to bring proof you are travelling 

Zapatista

Quote from: DJGaliv on June 07, 2010, 04:02:48 PM
I don't have a passport, and was getting it renewed but the passport office say it'll be near 6 weeks, and I'm going away on holidays in two weeks time.
Does anyone have any links to the passport office that might help me, or any advice?
Flying ryanair and they need a passport so can't use the driving licence unfortunately

Go to your local TD. Preferably FF as they won't do anything else for ye. Tell tham a sob stroy. They don't have to believe they only have to hear it. Apparently there is a fast track box in the Dail that they'll drop it into.

Failing that check out if you qualify for a British passport (seriously). Bring a copy of the 1911 cencus if they don't believe you ;)

Celt_Man

Quote from: DJGaliv on June 07, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

If you could have a doctor's note saying you are traveling over to sick a relative and you need the passport ASAP to facilitate that, then that will work
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Alco Pup

As far as I know there are Irish Passport offices in both Derry and Belfast.. chance you arm and leg it round to one of them.
Should probably go first thing in the morning, better hope of gettin someone in good form!

Failing that, you could always get yourself a Brit one.  Then sell it for £10K.. ;D

Zapatista

Quote from: Alco Pup on June 08, 2010, 01:16:02 PM
As far as I know there are Irish Passport offices in both Derry and Belfast.. chance you arm and leg it round to one of them.
Should probably go first thing in the morning, better hope of gettin someone in good form!

Failing that, you could always get yourself a Brit one.  Then sell it for £10K.. ;D

Seriosly? That's mad.

Alco Pup

Yep, black market value. Tempting... :-X