Free Staters and their hypocrisy on their violent, bloody past

Started by Angelo, May 11, 2021, 09:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: Angelo on May 11, 2021, 09:47:53 PM
The Indo thread has gone off on a tangent.

The usual anti-SF trolls have tried to turn it into a Provo bashing thread but without addressing their hypocrisy on how they continue to ignore the barbaric, heinous and sectarian attacks the Old IRA committed in their fight for freedom and subsequent betrayal of the past.

Now we've seen the same guys in action - Seafoid, Mouview, Hound, Rossfan all jumping in with revisionism, all attacking the PIRA and The Troubles. All attempting to turn a thread on the bias and toxic nature of the Independent newspaper into a SF/PIRA bashing exercise. In the interest of balance it's important we flesh out their position on violent means to an end in terms with politics.

I don't expect any of these guys to participate in this thread as their sanctimony is hollow. They don't want to address the fact that the soapbox they use to show us how much morally superior than us "nordies" is hollow.

I think some of the comments today have been utterly disgraceful. I know I might piss an awful lot of some of you on here but surely you can recognise and appreciate the fact I am 100% right to call out these sad little people and their bigotry.

Congratulations and well done to all the contributors on here from the Republic of Ireland who are continuing to rile up this British subject with historical accuracy.

We live in a modern secular proud European country thanks to the achievements of the likes of Tom Barry and Dan Breen in driving the British Out

The Fact that our loser northern brethren couldn't drive the British out of an acre of ground in the 6 north eastern counties is a reflection on them as opposed to the south abandoning them which we often hear them crying about.

They made a slightly greater attempt at brits out during the troubles

Maybe it might have succeeded if a large portion of them were so morally weak that they had to inform on each other to the British

And they also lost that "war"

With them reduced to  enforcing British rule on a part of this island for the past  25 years

seafoid

Quote from: Snapchap on May 12, 2021, 11:55:54 AM
Seafoid, you seem to have gone to ground in the Indo thread. Maybe I'll repeat the question here.

If the PIRA were terrorist psychopaths, then surely the Old IRA must have been too, since they killed at least the same proportion of civilians, and likely a higher proportion. If not, can you explain why not? I ask this because you have repeatedly used the PIRA's proportion of civilian casualties as your reason for terming them as terrorist psychopaths.
The war of Independence lasted 3 years.
How long were the PIRA killing people? I said that the longer the war was the higher the likelihood  of psychopaths pulling the strings.
Or was Omagh a legimate target ?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: seafoid on May 12, 2021, 03:47:31 PM
Seafoid, you seem to have gone to ground in the Indo thread. Maybe I'll repeat the question here.

If the PIRA were terrorist psychopaths, then surely the Old IRA must have been too, since they killed at least the same proportion of civilians, and likely a higher proportion. If not, can you explain why not? I ask this because you have repeatedly used the PIRA's proportion of civilian casualties as your reason for terming them as terrorist psychopaths.
How long were the PIRA killing people? I said that the longer the war was the higher the likelihood  of psychopaths pulling the strings.

Was the Real IRA, Continuity IRA provided the cars.

Nothing to do with the Provisionals.

red hander

Quote from: clonadmad on May 12, 2021, 03:42:47 PM

The usual anti-SF trolls have tried to turn it into a Provo bashing thread but without addressing their hypocrisy on how they continue to ignore the barbaric, heinous and sectarian attacks the Old IRA committed in their fight for freedom and subsequent betrayal of the past.

Now we've seen the same guys in action - Seafoid, Mouview, Hound, Rossfan all jumping in with revisionism, all attacking the PIRA and The Troubles. All attempting to turn a thread on the bias and toxic nature of the Independent newspaper into a SF/PIRA bashing exercise. In the interest of balance it's important we flesh out their position on violent means to an end in terms with politics.

I don't expect any of these guys to participate in this thread as their sanctimony is hollow. They don't want to address the fact that the soapbox they use to show us how much morally superior than us "nordies" is hollow.

I think some of the comments today have been utterly disgraceful. I know I might piss an awful lot of some of you on here but surely you can recognise and appreciate the fact I am 100% right to call out these sad little people and their bigotry.

Congratulations and well done to all the contributors on here from the Republic of Ireland who are continuing to rile up this British subject with historical accuracy.

We live in a modern secular proud European country thanks to the achievements of the likes of Tom Barry and Dan Breen in driving the British Out

The Fact that our loser northern brethren couldn't drive the British out of an acre of ground in the 6 north eastern counties is a reflection on them as opposed to the south abandoning them which we often hear them crying about.

Maybe it might have succeeded if a large portion of them were so morally weak that they had to inform on each other to the British

With them reduced to  enforcing British rule on a part of this island for the past  25 years

Well done. You've won the prize of being biggest gobshite on this board. Congrats. Sure you're very proud.

trueblue1234

So when the numbers games fell apart for you, you now jump to how long the war lasted.

As I said, all over the shop. You'd be best do a Rossfan and say nothin when you get your a$$ handed to you rather than keep digging.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: red hander on May 12, 2021, 03:48:56 PM

Well done. You've won the prize of being biggest gobshite on this board. Congrats. Sure you're very proud.

Given the competition that's some achievement....

smelmoth

Quote from: Angelo on May 12, 2021, 01:31:37 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 12, 2021, 01:29:02 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 12, 2021, 01:18:05 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 12, 2021, 01:09:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 12, 2021, 11:07:41 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 12, 2021, 11:01:02 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 12, 2021, 08:54:43 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 12, 2021, 08:23:21 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 12, 2021, 06:47:50 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2021, 11:50:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 11, 2021, 11:37:49 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2021, 11:22:52 PM
It's no surprise that many in the south don't support the armed struggle of the past. Remember most catholics in the north didn't support it at the time.

Did you read the thread title? This is a thread about hoe FSers ignore their own violent and bloody past when moralising on The Troubles?

Not the first time something obvious went over your head.

Look who has got their own wee thread and getting all protective of it.

My point is valid. It's no surprise that people in the south don't buy into the so called justifications of armed struggle in the north. As for the various armed struggles in the south not too many remember them or give them much thought. Ask anyone who was their favourite paedophile Roger Casement or Padraig Pearse and they will probably confess to knowing very little about either character. 100+ years can do that

So we have ignorant free staters passing judgement on a conflict that never impacted them but can't be bothered to do their own history on the founding fathers of their state and the political parties they vote into power?

You keep wanting to discuss the north. This thread is about the bloody violence free staters engaged in to win their own freedom and I haven't heard the same condemnation or seen the mass hand wringing about the numbers they disappeared, the sectarian murders they committed, the elected politicians they assassinated.

Odd that in a thread about that you want to detract away from it.

Like it or not but your own thread is about the north. You say that "freestaters" exhibit "hypocrisy" when dealing with their own violent. For it to be hypocrisy it has to be at odds with their attittude to another violent conflict. Its seemed fairly obvious that the other conflict you were in inferring was the troubles in NI. Indeed one poster stated

Quote from: Angelo on May 11, 2021, 11:37:49 PM
This is a thread about hoe FSers ignore their own violent and bloody past when moralising on The Troubles?

So absolutely the troubles in NI are at the heart of this thread (your thread!).

So no detraction. Keep up the qood work champion

No you are trying to make this about the North.

This is about Free Staters being unwilling to address their own bloody and violent past. It's in the thread title, so you must be illiterate if you can't make that out.

Not illiterate wee man.

I read your reference to hypocrisy. I read your clarification that it's hypocrisy relative to their views on the troubles in NI. You are definitely putting NI at the centre of this. Good thread. Keep up the good work Champion.

You are illiterate "wee man".

The thread title makes no reference to the north. This is about free staters who don't want to address their only bloody past while moralising on using violence to gain a political means.

I am putting the hypocrisy of free staters and how they defend their own violence at the front of it and you are attempting to detract the title away from free staters and their hypocrisy on the actions of the Old IRA.

Here's a brazen example of it yesterday. The leader of the Free State brazenly championing an Old IRA gunman and killer.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/taoiseach-criticises-shameful-lack-of-memorial-to-se%C3%A1n-lemass-in-dublin-1.4560841

Wee man you need to get your story straight. You cannot say that this thread is about the hypocrisy of treating Old IRA in Ireland and more recent IRA in the NI troubles differently and then say it's not about the IRA activities during the troubles in NI.

People's view of the activities of the IRA and others during the troubles is fundamental to your thread, Champion.

"Wee man", you may be intent on throwing this thread away from the free state hypocrisy on their bloody past but that's what this thread is about and you trying to shoe horn your agenda in here is not what it's about.

If you have nothing to say on this topic then stop spamming the board up with your rubbish.

Listen wee man if you think this thread is about the hypocrisy between the people of RoI's view of the armed campaign of the old IRA and their view of a different armed campaign you only have to point out what that other armed campaign is. Your move Champion

"Wee man"

The thread is as the thread title says. Stop spamming.

I'm sticking to the letter and the spirit of the title. You are the wee fella that throws the toys out of the pram when someone takes the debate in a direction you don't like.

trailer

I know this is a wind up, but to be fair you are dead right about the Provos and informing. Couldn't wait to tell the Brits what they were doing. If it wasn't for informers it is doubtful if the PIRA would've had any members.

Evil Genius

"I'm very confused, Ted. Does 'Angelo' actually want to unite with us Free State bastards? Or does he hate us as much as he hates his Brit bastard neighbours in the North?"

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Itchy

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 12, 2021, 04:26:40 PM
"I'm very confused, Ted. Does 'Angelo' actually want to unite with us Free State bastards? Or does he hate us as much as he hates his Brit bastard neighbours in the North?"

He is shooting for a Republic of Tyrone I think.

smelmoth

On the overall subject I don't think it's any surprise that people don't have a consistent view on either the Old IRA or the less Old IRA or the the other terrorist gangs in the troubled or indeed the police or the army.

I would guess that many who might support some of the IRA activity in the troubles would be abhorred by other activities undertaken under the same banner. And the same would apply to any other organisation. The RUC saved a close family member's life. They also briefly operated a shoot to kill policy and were complicit in a smear campaign against inquiries against them on that issue. Do I have a single view of the RUC? No. It would be mad to do so.

Angelo, dear help him is using this thread to try to convince people that somehow people in the south should kinda gloss over the troubles and that hopefully that will clear the path for Brand Sinn Fein. His powers of persuasion are fairly poor. He is about as convincing as Martina Anderson in the European Parliament.

Don't fall for Angelo's stunt. Not only is he trying to simplify matters he wants to simplify them on his terms.

seafoid

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 12, 2021, 03:51:21 PM

So when the numbers games fell apart for you, you now jump to how long the war lasted.

As I said, all over the shop. You'd be best do a Rossfan and say nothin when you get your a$$ handed to you rather than keep digging.
You don't have to have supported violence 100 years ago to have the passport.
It wasn't obligatory to support violence during the Troubles either

mouview

Quote from: smelmoth on May 12, 2021, 04:35:31 PM
On the overall subject I don't think it's any surprise that people don't have a consistent view on either the Old IRA or the less Old IRA or the the other terrorist gangs in the troubled or indeed the police or the army.

I would guess that many who might support some of the IRA activity in the troubles would be abhorred by other activities undertaken under the same banner. And the same would apply to any other organisation. The RUC saved a close family member's life. They also briefly operated a shoot to kill policy and were complicit in a smear campaign against inquiries against them on that issue. Do I have a single view of the RUC? No. It would be mad to do so.

Angelo, dear help him is using this thread to try to convince people that somehow people in the south should kinda gloss over the troubles and that hopefully that will clear the path for Brand Sinn Fein. His powers of persuasion are fairly poor. He is about as convincing as Martina Anderson in the European Parliament.

Don't fall for Angelo's stunt. Not only is he trying to simplify matters he wants to simplify them on his terms.

I think the poor chap is in urgent need of psychiatric evaluation. Kind of like Fearon on steroids.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Itchy on May 12, 2021, 04:30:09 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on May 12, 2021, 04:26:40 PM

He is shooting for a Republic of Tyrone I think.
Then he's on safe enough ground there.

I mean, no invader would ever want to colonise that place, would they?

"Listen, Ahmed, when I said we were going to establish a World Islamic Caliphate, I didn't mean that shithole - it's too full of mad bastards!"
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Angelo

Seems a raw nerve has been struck with a few posters.

A lot of them are willing to run their mouths off but can't address the subject matter of the topic.

Now I wonder why that would be.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL