Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: whitey on June 10, 2015, 06:30:09 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 10, 2015, 06:22:49 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 10, 2015, 06:19:23 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 10, 2015, 06:06:17 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 10, 2015, 06:01:32 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 10, 2015, 05:49:51 PM
That man is not dealing with the specific Casebolt incident, he is mainly talking about the whole event.

All he said about Casebolt is that he doesn't believe that he showed up with the intent of being racist. That is fine. It is his opinion and he is entitled to it. Eater way it would be hard to prove Casebolt's intent.

But the facts in the video are that Casebolt ignored the white kids and assaulted only black kids. That is a fact no matter how people try to spin it. Saying that it was a coincidence that they are black is stretching things, because if you notice at no time did Casebolt ask whether anyone was local or not. Case bolt decided who was who on colour alone.

You are a gas man claiming people are ignoring things while you ignore the following:

1) Casebolt quit after watching the video;
2) Casebolt's Police Chief has condemned his actions;
3) The Mayor has expressed dismay at the policing of Casebolt in the video;

The whole event is defined by the Casebolt incident-LOL.

And yet your interviewee doesn't even talk about him or the girl. Why is that?

Are you watching the same video as me?

1:26 interviewee quotes the bikini girls father as saying "this is all about race"

They don't discuss Casebolt's actions with the girl do they?

You don't want to post about anyone who talks specifically about Casebolt's action because, as his Police Chief, his actions are 'indefensible'. But yet you are trying to defend his actions.

Well given that you wont watch the Hannity video, we may as well leave it there. 

I guess the "it" bikini girls dad is referring to could be construed as the entire incident not the incident specific to his daughter. If theyre quoting bikins girls dad, and Im going on the assumption that theyre referring to his daughters takedown

They spend significant time talking about and disceting the Casebolt incident on the Hannity video.

Im not defending his actions....Im just saying that they arent rascist....and several African American eyewitnesses say the same thing as me and several white witnesses have the same opinion as you

Why was Casebolt only aggressive with the black kids?

As for Hannity.

I wouldn't watch FOX News if I was being tortured. It is a source of serious embarrassment to me that names like Hannity & O'Reilly, good Irish names, are so prominent on such a despicable channel.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on June 10, 2015, 03:16:18 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 10, 2015, 03:11:36 PM
I won't disagree with you whitey as you live in the states so presumably you're correct in what you say.

In non-threatening situations like this though, surely the cops should be trying to diffuse tension rather than ratchet it up. Because it's the norm for cops to behave like this doesn't mean it's the smart thing to do

Never mind his Boston bar story. This is about kids in Texas. The States is a huge country with cops differing from state to state. You can't get into a bar in Boston without a passport, even if you are on a zimmer-frame. It varies wildly.

There were 11 other cops who did nothing and have been backed by their Chief. Dirty Harry style policing might be up Whitey's street, but thankfully he is in a minority.

Wha?

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2015, 10:10:48 AM
Quote from: muppet on June 10, 2015, 03:16:18 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 10, 2015, 03:11:36 PM
I won't disagree with you whitey as you live in the states so presumably you're correct in what you say.

In non-threatening situations like this though, surely the cops should be trying to diffuse tension rather than ratchet it up. Because it's the norm for cops to behave like this doesn't mean it's the smart thing to do

Never mind his Boston bar story. This is about kids in Texas. The States is a huge country with cops differing from state to state. You can't get into a bar in Boston without a passport, even if you are on a zimmer-frame. It varies wildly.

There were 11 other cops who did nothing and have been backed by their Chief. Dirty Harry style policing might be up Whitey's street, but thankfully he is in a minority.

Wha?

Usually the only ID they will take from foreigners. It doesn't matter what age you are, even if you are obvious north of 80.

Haven't encountered it regularly anywhere other than Boston.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

I've been in several bars in Boston and have never been asked for a passport :) Maybe I look like a Yank. Damn Runners with Jeans!

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2015, 10:30:51 AM
I've been in several bars in Boston and have never been asked for a passport :) Maybe I look like a Yank. Damn Runners with Jeans!

The only time I wasn't asked was if it was mainly a restaurant or once in a very locals bar away from the city centre. Every other time, its a passport.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on June 11, 2015, 10:34:18 AM

The only time I wasn't asked was if it was mainly a restaurant or once in a very locals bar away from the city centre. Every other time, its a passport.

Yeah, but you look like a Paddy. They probably thought you were collecting funds for Noraid :)

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2015, 10:40:38 AM

Yeah, but you look like a Paddy. They probably thought you were collecting funds for Noraid :)

If they'd asked, I'd have split the money with them.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

whitey

There's supposedly 300,000 students in Boston, so some bars just make it a policy of id-ing everyone.

Other bars that have had "issues", may be forced by the licensing board to adopt a similar policy.

Someone else was telling me that a bar can lower the premium on their public liability insurance by having stringent I'd checks.....so from time to time you actually get scanned in like at the airport.

muppet

Quote from: whitey on June 11, 2015, 11:26:26 AM

There's supposedly 300,000 students in Boston, so some bars just make it a policy of id-ing everyone.

Other bars that have had "issues", may be forced by the licensing board to adopt a similar policy.

Someone else was telling me that a bar can lower the premium on their public liability insurance by having stringent I'd checks.....so from time to time you actually get scanned in like at the airport.

That's fair enough, but I have been with guys approaching 60, who were refused, because they didn't have ID (they would only accept a passport). Have to say one of them blew a gasket completely and it was one of the funniest things I've seen. Picture a grey, balding beer-bellied Irishman, with a bad knee, arguing over whether has ID to prove he is over 21.
MWWSI 2017

Clov

"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

foxcommander

Quote from: Clov on June 11, 2015, 05:29:44 PM
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n10/adam-shatz/freddie-gray

"It's true that some protesters in Baltimore exploited the rage over Gray's death to loot and destroy property"

No way!!

"It's not clear why he was a person of interest, other than that he was a young black male"

Omitted that Freddie Gray was a known drug dealer. The article loses any credibility.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on June 11, 2015, 07:04:50 PM

"It's true that some protesters in Baltimore exploited the rage over Gray's death to loot and destroy property"

No way!!

"It's not clear why he was a person of interest, other than that he was a young black male"

Omitted that Freddie Gray was a known drug dealer. The article loses any credibility.

You'd have just shot him straight away wouldn't you?

No need to bother with an boring arrest or a costly court process. Just shoot them.
MWWSI 2017

Clov

No way!!

Don't see how that matters?
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

muppet

Quote from: Clov on June 11, 2015, 07:25:23 PM

No way!!

Don't see how that matters?

It does in Fox News land. And maybe North Korea.
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on June 11, 2015, 11:44:12 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 11, 2015, 11:26:26 AM

That's fair enough, but I have been with guys approaching 60, who were refused, because they didn't have ID (they would only accept a passport). Have to say one of them blew a gasket completely and it was one of the funniest things I've seen. Picture a grey, balding beer-bellied Irishman, with a bad knee, arguing over whether has ID to prove he is over 21.

Don't remember Boston being that bad TBF although I did get refused a couple of places (I wasn't 21 at that time)  May have got stricker since.

San Diego on the other hand was a total nightmare, I actually got refused a couple of places with a passport, not an acceptable form of ID apparently :D