The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Loopers. Why were you thinking of me??. Oh I get in now. I didn't realise it was Phoenix. Not surprised.

DuffleKing

AZOffaly

Is that like my Centra key fob that gets me points when I spend money?

The Iceman

pure hatred right there.... too many extremists in this country.
I'm a big fan of the police. I'm happy they are on the streets out here. They get a bad rep but for the most part they do a great job. They can be heavy handed at times but they have a saying better judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Given the same position with my life on the line,  I don't know if I would think any differently...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: gallsman on June 01, 2015, 06:42:57 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2015, 02:10:16 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBPEWYPkP5M

AZOffally......I was thinking of you when I saw this.

This is as close to insanity as I have ever seen.......heavily armed civilians having a "draw Mohamed" event outside a Mosque looking to provoke a reaction.

That's f**king terrifying.

There are a lot of stupid people on the planet.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://mediatakeout.com/274988/neighbors-call-police-when-too-many-black-teens-show-up-to-a-pool-party-in-texas-and-cops-brutalize-the-teens-blacklivesmatter.html

This cop should be jailed. A complete nut job. Thankfully he didn't fire his gun.

How does someone like this end up on a police force? Seriously?
MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://news.yahoo.com/mckinney-texas-police-pool-party-video-205421706.html

Cop on 'administration leave'.

The girl he threw on the ground is 15.

The neighbour who phoned the cops complaining that there were too many blacks there (if that is in fact what happened) should be done for a hate crime.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/08/us/mckinney-texas-pool-video/index.html

Here is what another cop said: "But David Wagner said the officer's action was justified.

"Outside of being a little rough with the girl, I think the officer responded correctly," he posted on the page. "He was vastly outnumbered and the crowd was hostile. They could have overrun him and taken away his weapon. By drawing his weapon he was able to get the crowd to retreat.
"

MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

over stimulated ass-hole. Theres no way that was part of his training - what an idiot.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on June 08, 2015, 06:00:04 PM
over stimulated ass-hole. Theres no way that was part of his training - what an idiot.

There is another video showing two women (one a black teenager and the other a white mother) pulling each others hair. Apparently this is evidence of the disturbance. This imho would have justified calling the police but nothing justifies the behaviour of that cop. And both women in the 'fight' should have been arrested until it was established exactly what happened.

The problem now could be with all of the bandwagons and agendas that follow a story like this, there could be riots and reactionary violence which does no one any good.
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

the first time I watched it a bunch of people did in fairness come rushing at him. On first pass one fella put his hand to his shirt line and it may have been judged at the time as going for a weapon. On second pass he was hitching them up or something but who knows in the heat of the moment?
I might be able to justify pulling the weapon when outnumbered and at risk of being taken but I can't justify his antics running around and handcuffing people and throwing a girl to the ground and detaining her like that.
They should have brought the K9 unit in. No need for guns - crowd will disperse very quickly and handlers are less highly strung than that idiot

whitey

Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 06:04:52 PM

There is another video showing two women (one a black teenager and the other a white mother) pulling each others hair. Apparently this is evidence of the disturbance. This imho would have justified calling the police but nothing justifies the behaviour of that cop. And both women in the 'fight' should have been arrested until it was established exactly what happened.

The problem now could be with all of the bandwagons and agendas that follow a story like this, there could be riots and reactionary violence which does no one any good.

Respectfully disagree

Cop was very patient with everyone, and gave her numerous opportunities to leave before he slapped the cuffs on her. 2 idiots then approach him as he is struggling with her

If you or I or anyone else on this board did the same thing we would have faced a very simllar reaction.

Never, ever, ever, ever interfere with an officer whos arresting someone!

muppet

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2015, 06:20:48 PM

Respectfully disagree

Cop was very patient with everyone, and gave her numerous opportunities to leave before he slapped the cuffs on her. 2 idiots then approach him as he is struggling with her

If you or I or anyone else on this board did the same thing we would have faced a very simllar reaction.

What was he arresting her for?
MWWSI 2017

muppet

I've watched it a couple of time now. The cop is the problem. Look at everyone else in the video, including his colleagues. The scene is cam and the other kids even returned something that the cop dropped to another cop. It is all fine until our hero goes crazy. He is ordering all the black kids onto the ground, ignoring the white kids. The kids all seem to know each other and are talking be the cop is treating them completely differently. He then loses the plot completely shout ing obscenities before dragging the 14 year old girl and throwing her around.

There is no justification for his behaviour and he should not hold any position of authority.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 06:23:44 PM

Respectfully disagree

Sounds like she was mouthing off. She had ample opportunity to walk away but didn't.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on June 08, 2015, 06:43:29 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 06:23:44 PM

Respectfully disagree

Sounds like she was mouthing off. She had ample opportunity to walk away but didn't.

Yea, she should have shot her, like you would have done.
MWWSI 2017