The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: heganboy on May 01, 2015, 10:25:48 PM

why is the fact that Gray had a record relevant in his death? I genuinely don't understand why that is continually mentioned.

I can't understand how you can't understand. Fairly obvious to me.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 10:21:52 PM
So what did you mean by "the type of emigrants that are currently being let in?"

Im referring to their moral character, not the color of their skin.

Unfortunately the expanded welfare state had has the unintended consqeuence of attracting people to come who dont want to work.......they want to work the system

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/20144530/2012/11/20/lawmakers-outraged-over-fed-welfare-ebt-push-for-immigrants

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2013/04/case-worker-illegal-aliens-got-food-stamps-by-the-vanload/

http://www.floppingaces.net/2012/04/24/obamas-welfare-nation-ebt-cards-now-being-used-for-bail-money/

Eamonnca1

Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 10:34:53 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 10:05:01 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 08:50:15 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 08:38:43 PM
Bit more serious than selling a bit of weed, wouldn't you say?

Is that an admittance that he WAS a drug dealer?

I think he sold a bit more than weed...but that's alright yeah?
You know what? You're absolutely right. As soon as he took one look at that cop, he was a dead man and rightly so. You win.

So when do I get my apology?  I see you decided to change tack and attack whitey instead to deflect the fact that YOU'RE WRONG

see we can all do large font....

What apology?

whitey

Where do you live that you are nervous riding the subway at night?

p.s. http://grammarist.com/usage/loose-lose/
[/quote]

One of biggest Irish enclaves in Boston is Adams Village in Dorchester. Great neighborhood but you have to ride the Red Line to get there. Havent lived there for close to 20 years, but you had to be very cautious rising at night.....

Looks like not too much has changed

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/14/teen-charged-in-crime-spree-near-red-line-stations/

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/05/31/fights_break_out_at_carson_beach/

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/01/04/police-use-iphone-tracking-app-find-and-arrest-suspected-teenage-robbers/qFTS5YRZF8yIZVaWU9IlHN/story.html

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 06:15:20 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 03:29:11 PM
Let's stand up for the rights of drug dealers and violent robbers.  :o

Pay attention.

Freddy Grey was not a drug dealer.

Freddy Grey was not a violent robber.

His offense was to look at a police officer, and he paid with his life. This is the kind of thing that went on in Nazi death camps, not what you expect of the forces of law and order in a country that preposterously claims to be a beacon of freedom in the world.

But in your eyes he was black, so that makes him guilty of... something or other. Yours is the George Zimmerman approach, the same racist attitude that the right spews every day towards Obama. It's the attitude of "I think the black guy's up to no good."

You should be ashamed of yourself.

An apology for saying this before you corrected yourself by saying he was dealing.

as Muck Savage pointed out you've just lost credibility

gallsman

Apparently, in the eyes of some people here, having the opinion that cops shouldn't murder the people they're employed to protect makes you "a left wing nut". I just give up altogether.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 10:06:16 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on May 01, 2015, 09:06:42 PM

Next thing you'll be telling us is Al Capone was a nice lad only filed his taxes wrong.

Dude, he was caught multiple times with illegal substances on him, sometimes to distribute (Sell/Deal). He was know to the cops because of this, they meet him, he looks at them, he runs - Not in the least suspicious? Enough reason to chase?

It not enough reason to kill the man but don't try to make this guy out to be a guy who never did anything wrong, you loose all credibility.

So on what grounds was he arrested then? On what charge, exactly? Come on, Matlock. Tell us!

First you say he was't a dealer, then you say he sold a "wee" bit of weed. Now your asking why a known drug dealer, who just ran from the cops for no reason was arrested. Your all over the place man, maybe they needed to do a cavity search.

My point is your making a known Drug dealer out to be a Saint when he's not, I say again he didn't deserve to die but do pretend he was a saint.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 10:23:48 PM
Okay, porcine apologists. Let's hear you justify this. Girl gets drunk, gets abusive, how do you restrain her? Cuff her? Or slam her to the ground face first and break several bones in her face?

http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2015/05/01/body-cameras-capture-bart-cop-slamming-woman-face-first-into-floor

If the Guards acted like these jack-booted thugs you'd be up in arms.

And she was WHITE - I'm heading to the City now, lets loot the shops around Market and O'Farrell tonight

What should we do Eamonn, abolish the Police force and let everyone police themselves?
Lets see what happens in Oakland in a few weeks if the Dubs win the NBA title...... Lets see what excuses are used then.

macdanger2

Quote from: stew on May 01, 2015, 09:35:14 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on May 01, 2015, 09:25:15 PM
Quote from: stew on May 01, 2015, 09:13:24 PM

Really, so this lad catches the eye of a cop, has prior form and decides to do a runner but it is simply 'a little odd'  ;)

I just had lunch today with a cop who lost his best friend in Fon Du Lac Wisconsin not so long ago, his 21 year old friend was on his first day on the job in a cop car on his own, a few hours into his shift he was a first responder to a robbery and drew his gun but waited until the perp fired before firing instead of shooting first, result.................. He died and he killed the sc**bag who killed him, some of you bies would do well to walk in the shoes of a cop and see how you would react when the scum of the earth starts coming at you!

This guy wasn't "coming at" the cops

Your right, the lad I am talking about was said to be afraid of ending up crucified on CNN and MSNBC and decided to wait to shoot until he was shot at................... This made the news for 24 hours.............Locally, double standard here surely?

You're right it is double standards but tbf, the guys who uphold the law have to be held to higher standards than the sc**bag you're talking about. From what I've read on this (and it's not that extensive) the story isn't that the cops were in some way scared for their safety in this case?

I get what you're saying (or at least what I think you're saying) that the cops in these type of situations (albeit not this one) shoot because they (rightly or wrongly) fear for their lives. And that has a certain logic to it when viewed from their side of things. But when viewed from the other side (non-white who may or may not have broken the law), it's basically an attack by the state based on your skin colour.  How to reconcile those two views is another matter,  it probably comes down to the acceptance of guns in American culture, the more people who have guns, the more likely someone is to get shot.

For me, the parallels with the British army / RUC in the north believing every second Catholic was an IRA gunman are hard to escape.

whitey

So maybe we should just have black cops police the black neighborhoods and white cops police the white neighborhoods.  That would solve everything

give her dixie

Gil Scot Heron summed a lot up in this poem

Whitey On The Moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on May 01, 2015, 09:23:03 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on May 01, 2015, 09:14:13 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 08:38:43 PM
I see your Freddy Grey's rap sheet and I raise you the killer cops' rap sheets.

Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr. is charged with second-degree depraved heart murder, involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault, manslaughter by vehicle and misconduct in office.

Officer William G. Porter is charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Lt. Brian W. Rice is charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officer Edward M. Nero is charged with second-degree assault, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officer Garrett E. Miller is charged with second-degree assault, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Sgt. Alicia D. White is charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Bit more serious than selling a bit of weed, wouldn't you say?

Two pages back you are claiming he wasn't a dealer, now he's selling stuff - what is he??

Yes these are farm more serious crimes, and I hope brought to Justice if true.

Stick around muck savage, you aint seen nothing yet with the left wing nuts on here!

Ain't that the truth...bleedin' heart liberals.
Drug dealers are scumbags. end of story. I don't care what colour they are.
ditto violent thieves.

Eamonnca1

Here's a sample of life in what conservatives call "post racial America":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7i60GuNRg

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 10:44:25 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 10:21:52 PM
So what did you mean by "the type of emigrants that are currently being let in?"

Im referring to their moral character, not the color of their skin.

It's just that when you say "most of the emigrants that are being allowed in now" I thought you were referring to their place of origin, which in most cases today means south of the border, which means having darker skin.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 01, 2015, 11:35:42 PM
What should we do Eamonn, abolish the Police force and let everyone police themselves?

Of course. The only alternative to bloodthirsty paramilitary cops shooting all around them is to abolish the police and let us live in a Mad Max environment. As is the case in the black-and-white binary world of the conservative mind, it has to be all or nothing. There's no happy medium. There's no such thing as police being professional or obeying the law while upholding it.