Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 03:29:11 PM
Let's stand up for the rights of drug dealers and violent robbers.  :o

Pay attention.

Freddy Grey was not a drug dealer.

Freddy Grey was not a violent robber.

His offense was to look at a police officer, and he paid with his life. This is the kind of thing that went on in Nazi death camps, not what you expect of the forces of law and order in a country that preposterously claims to be a beacon of freedom in the world.

But in your eyes he was black, so that makes him guilty of... something or other. Yours is the George Zimmerman approach, the same racist attitude that the right spews every day towards Obama. It's the attitude of "I think the black guy's up to no good."

You should be ashamed of yourself.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 06:08:35 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 30, 2015, 09:10:40 PM
So are you claiming that blacks are NOT disproportionately targeted by cops? That a black mother should be no more worried about her son getting stopped by cops than you or me? Policies like stop and frisk DON'T target blacks? That people are not, consciously or otherwise,  more nervous and suspicious of black men?

If you run from police then they will believe you are suspicious and they will chase you.
If you don't do anything wrong you won't be arrested in the first place. There would be no issue being stopped by the cops then.
You have to wonder then why certain groups get a bad reputation...it's not for nothing...

The fact the riots are starting over the deaths of drug dealers and thieves is beyond me.

and as for being nervous and suspicious - you say you aren't? hmmmm....right.

Oh yeah, what did Freddie Gray do?

And no, I am not nervous of black men. I've been in NYC for more than a decade straight now, and never, ever have I had any problems. I am careful not to go to certain areas at certain times, but that could apply in any town or city with any race of people.

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 06:15:20 PM

Pay attention.

His offense was to look at a police officer, and he paid with his life. This is the kind of thing that went on in Nazi death camps, not what you expect of the forces of law and order in a country that preposterously claims to be a beacon of freedom in the world.

But in your eyes he was black, so that makes him guilty of... something or other. Yours is the George Zimmerman approach, the same racist attitude that the right spews every day towards Obama. It's the attitude of "I think the black guy's up to no good."

I think you need to pay a little more attention as you're a little deluded.

Here's the rap sheet. Apology will be accepted when you're ready.

• March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance

• March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault

• January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing

• January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute

• December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute

• December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing

• January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana

• September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape

• April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation

• July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute

• March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute

• February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation

• August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana

• August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 06:21:29 PM
I am careful not to go to certain areas at certain times, but that could apply in any town or city with any race of people.

and which neighbourhoods would these be?

Those hipster areas are very dangerous at nighttime.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 06:26:18 PM

Pay attention.

• January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute

• September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape

• April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation

• July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute

• March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute

• February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation

• August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

Nice try. That's an arrest record, not a conviction record.

J70

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 01, 2015, 07:22:38 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 30, 2015, 09:10:40 PM
So are you claiming that blacks are NOT disproportionately targeted by cops? That a black mother should be no more worried about her son getting stopped by cops than you or me? Policies like stop and frisk DON'T target blacks? That people are not, consciously or otherwise,  more nervous and suspicious of black men?

When your talking about disproportionately, you will also know that there is a Disproportionately larger amount of young black men in organized crime gangs. Yes there are also Hispanic, Asian and other gangs and in this area (Bay Area) Hispanics are definitely targeted more by cops whether it be for Gang activity or legal status. Cops shouldn't kill people in their custody but likewise they need to be able to do their jobs without the fear that they could killed over a traffic violation.

One thing for sure there is much more tension in the air everywhere over here. Everyone has to be much more careful about what they say, the way things are worded, even down to the recruitment policies in companies. Looters are thugs whatever color and the Al Sharpens of the world need to cop on and stop defending this sort of stuff.

What is the right wing fixation with Al Sharpton? You can't talk to any of them in the US without Sharpton coming up within a minute or two.

Is it fair that blacks are far more likely to go to prison and get longer prison sentences for the same drug offenses as white people?

Young black men are more than 20 times as likely to be killed by police as young white men. Is there any evidence that they're 20 times more likely to commit a crime or do something that warrants being killed by police?

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 06:31:46 PM

Pay attention.

So what you're telling me is that he wasn't a drug dealer

The Iceman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 06:31:46 PM

Pay attention.

he was hardly an angel Eamonn?
Granted he didn't deserve to die but he wasnt the model citizen you're championing either...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

easytiger95

I haven't been in the US since 97 but I don't think any of those crimes warrant a death sentence?

At least with an execution, you don't linger with a broken back.

Never mind the blatant racism on this thread, the pure callous indifference to the suffering of others is disgraceful. I know it's fun, but just because you're behind a keyboard, there is no need to let your inner sociopath out to play.

A man - MAN in case you were mistaken that it was some poor beast - went into a police van whole, for a minor offense, and came out with his spine snapped. There would be more humanity shown to a dog on the street than he got, either there or here on this board.

And as for the poisonous rationalizations "Well if he was shot by a drug gang, yadda, yadda, yadda..." I would hope that as citizens of such a freedom loving country, you would hold your constabulary to higher standards than gang bangers. The reason some policemen are heroes is that they recognise that higher standard, espouse that standard, live that standard. But it seems to me in the rush to isolate the "Other" in US society, everyone in blue becomes a hero in the fight against this nebulous "Other" - gang members, blacks, terrorists, Muslims, gays, liberals - and the medals are pinned on chests without being earned.

Now you have an entire institutional wing of the state (police forces in the US) incapable of gaining or keeping the trust of a sizable minority, whilst they are applauded for things they have not done and do not represent.

Whilst an entire generation of Irish who went over and sheltered under "Liberty's" banner cannot wait to pull up the ladder behind them and assimilate. And this not a generation on from when a government apparatus on our own island threw lads in the back of vans for rides very similar to the one Freddie Gray got, whilst squaddies who didn't know the Falls from Niagra, did the dying for their masters.

Gore Vidal (i love quoting liberals!!) called it the "United States of Amnesia". It seems like a few contributors have gone native in that country.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: The Iceman on May 01, 2015, 06:41:29 PM
he was hardly an angel Eamonn?

Well, he was black, now that you mention it...
Granted he didn't deserve to die but he wasnt the model citizen you're championing either...

Ah, there's the "but" again. There's always a "but" isn't there?

The Iceman

now you're twisting. You are suggesting he was lifted for nothing. You are suggesting he was put in to the bus and lifted just for looking at the police. You are suggesting he had a clean record and was a model citizen. His only crime was being black type shit.
You have already documented how you feel about the police and I think you're letting that sway your judgement in this case.

This lad did not deserve to die. No buts or ands about about it
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 01, 2015, 06:45:25 PM
I haven't been in the US since 97 but I don't think any of those crimes warrant a death sentence?

Never mind the blatant racism on this thread, the pure callous indifference to the suffering of others is disgraceful. I know it's fun, but just because you're behind a keyboard, there is no need to let your inner sociopath out to play.

A man - MAN in case you were mistaken that it was some poor beast - went into a police van whole, for a minor offense, and came out with his spine snapped. There would be more humanity shown to a dog on the street than he got, either there or here on this board.

And as for the poisonous rationalizations "Well if he was shot by a drug gang, yadda, yadda, yadda..." I would hope that as citizens of such a freedom loving country, you would hold your constabulary to higher standards than gang bangers. The reason some policemen are heroes is that they recognise that higher standard, espouse that standard, live that standard. But it seems to me in the rush to isolate the "Other" in US society, everyone in blue becomes a hero in the fight against this nebulous "Other" - gang members, blacks, terrorists, Muslims, gays, liberals - and the medals are pinned on chests without being earned.

Now you have an entire institutional wing of the state (police forces in the US) incapable of gaining or keeping the trust of a sizable minority, whilst they are applauded for things they have not done and do not represent.

Whilst an entire generation of Irish who went over and sheltered under "Liberty's" banner cannot wait to pull up the ladder behind them and assimilate. And this not a generation on from when a government apparatus on our own island threw lads in the back of vans for rides very similar to the one Freddie Gray got, whilst squaddies who didn't know the Falls from Niagra, did the dying for their masters.

Gore Vidal (i love quoting liberals!!) called it the "United States of Amnesia". It seems like a few contributors have gone native in that country.

Excellent post ET; well said.

whitey

The American experiment worked because in former times emigrants worked hard, learned English, assimilated, contributed to society, sacrificed for their families and made it a better place.

Look no further than that cvnt who's on trial for the Boston Marathon Bombing, and maybe you'll understand what type of emigrants that are currently being let in.

Phoney asylum seekers, immediately go on welfare, instead of assimilating they become radicalized, given the best educations money can (or the taxpayer) buy and still not good enough for them.

Mother flees back to wherever she fled from to avoid a shoplifting charge, one daughter pinched for drugs, another daughter charged with forgery, Tamerlan (aka  Speedbump) main suspect in a double homicide.

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 07:02:48 PM

The American experiment worked because in former times emigrants worked hard, learned English, assimilated, contributed to society, sacrificed for their families and made it a better place.

Look no further than that cvnt who's on trial for the Boston Marathon Bombing, and maybe you'll understand what type of emigrants that are currently being let in.

Phoney asylum seekers, immediately go on welfare, instead of assimilating they become radicalized, given the best educations money can (or the taxpayer) buy and still not good enough for them.

Mother flees back to wherever she fled from to avoid a shoplifting charge, one daughter pinched for drugs, another daughter charged with forgery, Tamerlan (aka  Speedbump) main suspect in a double homicide.

Are you saying that the Boston Bombers typify the current type of immigrant to the US?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 07:08:55 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 07:02:48 PM

Are you saying that the Boston Bombers typify the current type of immigrant to the US?

Where did I say that?