The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: guy crouchback on April 30, 2015, 09:11:41 AM
Quote from: heganboy on April 29, 2015, 04:40:44 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:24:28 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on April 29, 2015, 04:17:18 PM
its a pity we don't have more parents like the mother of that lad in the riots who slapped her kid all the way home.
Maybe the message might get through to people to keep your kids under control and we'd have a far better world.

In case you didn't see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRlmCf1Kj2o

Woohoo- I knew we could find something to agree on FC!

First step, parents keep their kids in better order.

Now, who's going to keep the police under control?

the coastguard?

stew

More whites were killed by cops in 2014 than Blacks or hispanics!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

lfdown2

Quote from: stew on April 30, 2015, 04:30:55 PM

Do whites not make up 77% of the population? (wiki) If true it is hardly surprising, nor does it prove much.

stew

Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 04:57:09 PM
Quote from: stew on April 29, 2015, 04:20:28 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on April 28, 2015, 04:23:28 PM
Not justifying the riots or violence by any means. Simply sharing some interesting reading on on going and historical police brutality in Baltimore:
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/the-brutality-of-police-culture-in-baltimore/391158/?fb_ref=Default

The Mayor should be impeached. And Obama is doing himself no favors - he has yet to condemn the riots and looks like he is quietly stirring up a race war...?

The Mayor is the epitome of what is wrong with the looney left..................... Hey rioters, we are going to give you a shit load of space to do your thing and this is fine, destroy our city as long as none of you get shot by the big bad police. tr**p should be in jail and Obama is a disgrace to the office of President, fcuk the democrats!

I often say "f**k the Democrats".

If only there were a serious,  viable alternative. The GOP is an utter joke at this stage.

Yes it is, they are the NRA's bitch and they are leaderless and rudderless at this stage.

I cannot imagine Clinton as President, ffs Obamination would do a better job, she used to be a Republican before she me WJC, and now look at the aul dawg!

If ever a country needed more political options it is the good ole US of A.

give her dixie

If only a few mothers of the bankers and Wall Street gangsters had given them a slap.

They have stole and destroyed more than those currently rioting in Baltimore could ever dream off
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

stew

Quote from: lfdown2 on April 30, 2015, 04:34:32 PM

Do whites not make up 77% of the population? (wiki) If true it is hardly surprising, nor does it prove much.

I never said it proved anything, I will say that when whites get killed by the cops no one is seen rioting, same goes for the hispanics.

Why do African Americans tend toward rioting in these cases when the other minorities and indeed white people do not? What makes them so special???

J70

Quote from: stew on April 30, 2015, 06:51:31 PM

I never said it proved anything, I will say that when whites get killed by the cops no one is seen rioting, same goes for the hispanics.

Why do African Americans tend toward rioting in these cases when the other minorities and indeed white people do not? What makes them so special???

Yeah, whites just destroy city centres when their basketball team loses.

Are whites disproportionately stopped and harassed by police?  How many white Eric Garners,  Freddy Grays, Walter Scotts, Akai Gurleys, Tamir Rices, John Crawfords and Amodou Diallos have been killed by police lately?

stew

Quote from: J70 on April 30, 2015, 08:46:40 PM

Are whites disproportionately stopped and harassed by police?  How many white Eric Garners,  Freddy Grays, Walter Scotts, Akai Gurleys, Tamir Rices, John Crawfords and Amodou Diallos have been killed by police lately?

We will never know because there is no liberal agenda to be gained by giving these deaths the same amount of pub than their black counterparts!

You are correct, I blame the GOP, the NRA, the Ku Klux Klan and Christian Churches everywhere for the behavior of the albino police force of the USA.

White people getting killed by cops gets no publicity, much better for the media whena black guy gets done!

J70

Quote from: stew on April 30, 2015, 08:59:19 PM

We will never know because there is no liberal agenda to be gained by giving these deaths the same amount of pub than their black counterparts!

You are correct, I blame the GOP, the NRA, the Ku Klux Klan and Christian Churches everywhere for the behavior of the albino police force of the USA.

White people getting killed by cops gets no publicity, much better for the media whena black guy gets done!

So are you claiming that blacks are NOT disproportionately targeted by cops? That a black mother should be no more worried about her son getting stopped by cops than you or me? Policies like stop and frisk DON'T target blacks? That people are not, consciously or otherwise,  more nervous and suspicious of black men?

muppet

It is sad to see some of our country thinking the way they do.

This was written about us:

......Little is cultivated and even less is sown. The problem here is not the quality of the soil but rather the lack of industry on the part of those who should cultivate it. This laziness means that the different types of minerals with which hidden veins of the earth are full are neither mined nor exploited in any way. They do not devote themselves to the manufacture of flax or wool, nor to the practice of any mechanical or mercantile act. Dedicated only to leisure and laziness, this is a truly barbarous people. They depend on their livelihood for animals and they live like animals........

MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Í presume the previous post was about Mayo!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Quotehe spent most of this first visit in Waterford and Cork. During his second visit he visited Dublin, Wicklow, Meath, Kildare and, possibly, Athlone and Lough Derg

That explains a lot

stew

Quote from: foxcommander on April 30, 2015, 05:52:09 AM
Quote from: heganboy on April 29, 2015, 04:40:44 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:24:28 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on April 29, 2015, 04:17:18 PM
its a pity we don't have more parents like the mother of that lad in the riots who slapped her kid all the way home.
Maybe the message might get through to people to keep your kids under control and we'd have a far better world.

In case you didn't see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRlmCf1Kj2o

Woohoo- I knew we could find something to agree on FC!

First step, parents keep their kids in better order.

Now, who's going to keep the police under control?

I'm actually surprised all the loony PC brigade on here weren't condemning that mother for slapping her child.

I'm not, she was black, if she had been a cracker they would have hung her out to dry!!!!!

stew

Quote from: J70 on April 30, 2015, 09:10:40 PM
Quote from: stew on April 30, 2015, 08:59:19 PM

So are you claiming that blacks are NOT disproportionately targeted by cops? That a black mother should be no more worried about her son getting stopped by cops than you or me? Policies like stop and frisk DON'T target blacks? That people are not, consciously or otherwise,  more nervous and suspicious of black men?

Eh no! I never suggested that at all at all, merely pointing a fact is all.

I grew up in the north and know all about policemen shooting to kill, the same rules need to apply to all citizens and they are upheld by the vast majority of cops, even the RUC had a few decent men in their ranks!

I do not know what the answer is here, I do know that men should not be dying in police custody and that policemen need to be retrained and go through rigorous training to ensure they have the tools to safely arrest citizens without harm to themselves or the person getting arrested, how you do that remains to be seen.

Looters are the scum of the earth and deserve to be harshly punished, as do cops that shoot citizens dead with no apparent reason other than the color of their sking, not near good enough!