The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

So instead of looting shops and burning down these guys could be at home working on an education to pull themselves out of the mess. Yep, go out and be the next Freddy Gray or Rodney King. What will that do only help the haters to hate. Eric Thomas should be brought into talk to these guys 'how bad do you want it'
There's no excuse for some of the shootings but there certainly is no excuse for looting and burning down homes/business.

foxcommander

Quote from: heganboy on April 29, 2015, 04:40:44 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:24:28 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on April 29, 2015, 04:17:18 PM
its a pity we don't have more parents like the mother of that lad in the riots who slapped her kid all the way home.
Maybe the message might get through to people to keep your kids under control and we'd have a far better world.

In case you didn't see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRlmCf1Kj2o

Woohoo- I knew we could find something to agree on FC!

First step, parents keep their kids in better order.

Now, who's going to keep the police under control?

See, eventually you've come around to my way of thinking ;)

as for police control, you got me there. How far up the chain does it need to go. are their review boards enough? Certainly the people of ferguson didn't think so.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

its a pity we don't have more parents like the mother of that lad in the riots who slapped her kid all the way home.
Maybe the message might get through to people to keep your kids under control and we'd have a far better world.

I'm actually surprised all the loony PC brigade on here weren't condemning that mother for slapping her child.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 03:41:39 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 06:23:36 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 05:20:52 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 05:07:28 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 04:56:18 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:53:20 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2015, 04:41:58 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on April 29, 2015, 04:07:34 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 28, 2015, 07:21:52 PM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

What the hell is the matter with you?

And that proves what?

I see three white guys, possibly journalists (looks like a camera in standing lad 's grasp), who look like they are getting pushed around by some black guys.

I ask again, regarding a race war, what does your photo prove?

It shows that given half a chance for civil disobedience violence will be used indiscriminately, especially to get back at 'the man'.
Pushed around is putting it mildly, they're getting a kicking.

Where's Rev Al and friends to condemn this behaviour? What if the above scene was in reverse - you think Sharpton and Jackson would be quiet??? It's bad enough when some drug pusher or store robber dies and they laud them like some Nobel winner.

So nothing to do with a race war then?

Re-read my first sentence. If its still over your head there's nothing I can do for you.

Yeah, I saw it. Protests can turn into mob violence.

What does that have to do with a race war, stoked by Obama or otherwise?

Ok good you saw it...now we're getting somewhere.
Can you tell me if there is a particular group who's protesting and rioting and what the common denominator is amongst them.
Or perhaps you can't fully appreciate rainbows and have no idea what's happening at traffic lights.

Perhaps, but it is pretty clear that one cannot extrapolate from a single incident that a race war is in progress or even pending.

But maybe that's just me.

The states is slowly turning into a cesspit with more and more ghettos. You can't see it coming?
It will make Mad Max seem like a teddy bears tea party.

Eamonnca1

Perhaps, but it is pretty clear that one cannot extrapolate from a single incident that a race war is in progress or even pending.

Maybe it is.

So how many incidents will it take to satisfy you then? If black people were being abused / harassed / disproportionately imprisoned on a widespread and regular basis, would that qualify as a race war?

macdanger2

Quote from: Muck Savage on April 30, 2015, 01:38:22 AM
So instead of looting shops and burning down these guys could be at home working on an education to pull themselves out of the mess. Yep, go out and be the next Freddy Gray or Rodney King. What will that do only help the haters to hate. Eric Thomas should be brought into talk to these guys 'how bad do you want it'
There's no excuse for some of the shootings but there certainly is no excuse for looting and burning down homes/business.

You could probably apply a similar rationale to young men in Derry in the early 1970s

guy crouchback

the coastguard?

screenexile

Quote from: foxcommander on April 30, 2015, 05:59:37 AM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

And that proves what?

I see three white guys, possibly journalists (looks like a camera in standing lad 's grasp), who look like they are getting pushed around by some black guys.

It shows that given half a chance for civil disobedience violence will be used indiscriminately, especially to get back at 'the man'.

Where's Rev Al and friends to condemn this behaviour? What if the above scene was in reverse - you think Sharpton and Jackson would be quiet??? It's bad enough when some drug pusher or store robber dies and they laud them like some Nobel winner.

Re-read my first sentence. If its still over your head there's nothing I can do for you.

Can you tell me if there is a particular group who's protesting and rioting and what the common denominator is amongst them.
Or perhaps you can't fully appreciate rainbows and have no idea what's happening at traffic lights.

The states is slowly turning into a cesspit with more and more ghettos. You can't see it coming?

More f**king scaremongering!! Sure we may as well build bunkers for ourselves and  prepare for the apocalypse!!!!

lfdown2

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 30, 2015, 08:59:08 AM
Quote from: Muck Savage on April 30, 2015, 01:38:22 AM

You could probably apply a similar rationale to young men in Derry in the early 1970s

That's exactly what has hit me here with regard to all those so quick to condemn the black community as a whole.

How quick have our own 'leaders' in the north been to speak out against protests in the past, is it acceptable when its religion just not when its skin colour?

Also hadn't realised CVS was a family run mom and pop store, aside from the fact that the photos in the thread (as far as I can see) prove nothing; has anyone asked to see a receipt?

theskull1

Mind being told a story about a lorry load of shop bound chickens stopped and emptied during a hunger strike protest in south Derry. People filled their freezers and ate for months on the fondly called the hunger strike hens. I'm sure it wasn't an isolated incident
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on April 30, 2015, 05:59:37 AM

Race war??

Are you fuckin serious?

And that proves what?

The problems of cities like Baltimore and Detroit and others have existed for decades, as has the poor relationship between minorities and police. How that translates into a race war for which Obama Is responsible is beyond me.

muppet

The main reason these issues appear different now is the rise of smart phones and CCTV.

Anyone who is out of order in public runs the risk of very public scrutiny. In the past is would have been one cop's word against a dead criminal's word. Now we can watch a video and make our own minds up.

TBH I think this sort of thing will get worse for all of us. Anyone who has heard of the high profile GAA official's misfortune can only shudder at where we are going with the rise of the recording devices and youtube etc.
MWWSI 2017

JoG2

Quote from: guy crouchback on April 30, 2015, 09:11:41 AM

the coastguard?

Crane and Shore are primed and ready

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on April 30, 2015, 05:52:09 AM

I'm actually surprised all the loony PC brigade on here weren't condemning that mother for slapping her child.

I say fair play to her.

I wonder, however,  how much of the adulation she is receiving is discussing her stated motivation i.e. keeping her black teenage son away from police.

"That's my only son and I don't want him to be a Freddy Gray"

Keyser soze

Quote from: foxcommander on April 30, 2015, 05:52:09 AM

So the violence from the mother in slapping and punching her is good as she doesnt want him involved in the violence. but the violence from the protesters is bad because emmmm ... And the violence from the police is good because emmmmm....