INLA - Undefeated Army?

Started by sid waddell, May 15, 2021, 12:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APM

The amount of absolute shite polluting this board is ridiculous.    I see no need to be starting threads like this and I see no need for anyone to be replying to them to be keeping them going.  The mods should be deleting crap like this and removing the posters whose interest in GAA is clearly dwarved by their interest in politics and other such shite.   

This is a GAA Board.  Excluding the county sections, more than half of the posts are on the General Discussion rather than on the GAA Discussion. Perhaps understandable given lockdown.  But lockdown is now over and we can now enjoy our football and hurling again.

If you want to do politics go to Stormont, the Dail or feck off to Boards.ie.  If you want to do religion go to the chapel, church or go and read Richard Dawkins.  Do not bring it in here,

Gabriel_Hurl

The OP has been put on "holiday" at least twice in the last few months. 

You have to wonder what the 2 week bans achieve. Because it's evidently nothing.

sid waddell

Quote from: APM on May 17, 2021, 04:48:39 PM
The amount of absolute shite polluting this board is ridiculous.    I see no need to be starting threads like this and I see no need for anyone to be replying to them to be keeping them going.  The mods should be deleting crap like this and removing the posters whose interest in GAA is clearly dwarved by their interest in politics and other such shite.   
A GAA club is named after an INLA man

We haven't really had anybody speak up for the INLA here

Given that nobody seems to want to do so, surely that proves it's a bit of a bad look for the GAA to have a club named after an INLA man?

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2021, 04:28:40 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 17, 2021, 03:38:36 PM
2 points

1. There is no doubt that Sid has created the thread to stir the pot.
2. Irrespective of who created the thread or what their motivation there are those who do apply a double standard between PIRA and INLA. That does deserve to be exposed.

I've never seen a post on here (maybe you can highlight it) that says PIRA good INLA bad.

As far as I'm aware they splintered into different bodies and their goals were the same.

How they went about their jobs is up for discussion but for me a campaign to kill someone in guerrilla warfare, be it 25 years ago or 100 years ago is no different.
"Guerilla warfare" like Darkley?

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: APM on May 17, 2021, 04:48:39 PM

This is a GAA Board.  Excluding the county sections, more than half of the posts are on the General Discussion rather than on the GAA Discussion. Perhaps understandable given lockdown.  But lockdown is now over and we can now enjoy our football and hurling again.

If you want to do politics go to Stormont, the Dail or feck off to Boards.ie.  If you want to do religion go to the chapel, church or go and read Richard Dawkins.  Do not bring it in here,

You are probably correct...although no rules have been broken.

This thread has probably run its course, so I'll lock it before it descends into something we don't need.