Gary Walsh - Laois player Tweet

Started by sid waddell, March 28, 2018, 04:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

A prima facie case of bringing the GAA into disrepute here, I would have thought.

As well as the obvious toxic misogynism, there's an incitement to break the law contained within.

There's no way this should go unsanctioned by the GAA.

screenexile

Wise up Sid. . . it's a fecking eejit making a stupid statement on twitter calm down!!

GetOverTheBar

Amateur sport....unless the GAA pay the man, what's it got to do with them what he writes on twitter......no matter how stupid it is.

sid waddell

Quote from: screenexile on March 28, 2018, 04:48:35 PM
Wise up Sid. . . it's a fecking eejit making a stupid statement on twitter calm down!!

There was once a player convicted of bringing the GAA into disrepute for diving.

Diving might be reprehensible, but I think you'll agree it's not quite in the same ballpark as publicly calling for the public humiliation of a plaintiff in a rape trial and inciting others to break the law by strongly implying that she should be named.

longballin

Reading his other tweets he seems like a right idiot and a mouth - though his twitter is nothing to do with the GAA

gallsman

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 28, 2018, 04:57:46 PM
Amateur sport....unless the GAA pay the man, what's it got to do with them what he writes on twitter......no matter how stupid it is.

And the governing body of that amateur sport has rules that the players have to abide by.

Whether he should be banned or not, he's fairly proven himself to be a complete and utter tit.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: gallsman on March 28, 2018, 05:01:28 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 28, 2018, 04:57:46 PM

And the governing body of that amateur sport has rules that the players have to abide by.

Whether he should be banned or not, he's fairly proven himself to be a complete and utter tit.

It's not his first time at this particular circus, he should do himself a favour and come off it more than anything.

seafoid

Cathy Newman :

I tweet much less than I did and I think very carefully beforehand because I just think it's too dangerous."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tubberman

Quote from: sid waddell on March 28, 2018, 04:58:49 PM

There was once a player convicted of bringing the GAA into disrepute for diving.

Diving might be reprehensible, but I think you'll agree it's not quite in the same ballpark as publicly calling for the public humiliation of a plaintiff in a rape trial and inciting others to break the law by strongly implying that she should be named.

Diving in a GAA match presumably!? Not diving at 5-a-side soccer or into a swimming pool or any other walk of life that is unconnected to the GAA.
He's an idiot obviously, but it's nothing to do with the GAA.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

sid waddell

Quote from: Tubberman on March 28, 2018, 05:20:45 PM

Diving in a GAA match presumably!? Not diving at 5-a-side soccer or into a swimming pool or any other walk of life that is unconnected to the GAA.

His Twitter handle is @GaryWalshLaois. His Twitter bio states "Laois footballer". His profile picture and background is of him playing for Laois.

Nothing to do with the GAA at all, yeah.  ;D

AQMP

Some Drogheda Utd player has got himself into a bit of trouble too.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AQMP on March 28, 2018, 06:34:28 PM

Luke Rossiter....whoever he is!!

BennyCake

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 28, 2018, 06:35:19 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 28, 2018, 06:34:28 PM

Luke Rossiter....whoever he is!!

Leonard's son?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: sid waddell on March 28, 2018, 05:51:10 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 28, 2018, 05:20:45 PM

His Twitter handle is @GaryWalshLaois. His Twitter bio states "Laois footballer". His profile picture and background is of him playing for Laois.

Nothing to do with the GAA at all, yeah.  ;D

Hard to bate a bit of outrage. Some amount of it goin about today. Ban him for life i say. Then maybe a public flogging

nrico2006

He can say what he wants, nothing to do with the GAA.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'