Gary Walsh - Laois player Tweet

Started by sid waddell, March 28, 2018, 04:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Muppets like Walsh and Rossiter aren't alone in how they think. They're just the stupid ones that went public on it.

theskull1

Quote from: seafoid on March 28, 2018, 05:07:42 PM
Cathy Newman :

I tweet much less than I did and I think very carefully beforehand because I just think it's too dangerous."

so what you're saying is ....... :)

Jordan Peterson interview reference
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Avondhu star

Quote from: Gmac on March 28, 2018, 09:04:52 PM
Same player threatened to put woolly in hospital last year because he said too many players from his club were on an O'Byrne cup panel , not one for thinking before tweeting our Gary

A Laois county footballer. Who would pay any attention to that gobshite?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on March 28, 2018, 04:47:34 PM
A prima facie case of bringing the GAA into disrepute here, I would have thought.

As well as the obvious toxic misogynism, there's an incitement to break the law contained within.

There's no way this should go unsanctioned by the GAA.

Not with the jersey involved.
It is no different to someone posting offensive material on the net from their work computer.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

nrico2006

Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2018, 07:45:27 AM
A prima facie case of bringing the GAA into disrepute here, I would have thought.

As well as the obvious toxic misogynism, there's an incitement to break the law contained within.

It is no different to someone posting offensive material on the net from their work computer.

Anybody can wear a jersey.  The difference between the work example is that he isn't employed by the GAA, isn't under contract and tweeted in his own personal time. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Farrandeelin

I never heard of either of them before yesterday. If yer man hadn't tweeted that goddamn awful tweet I wouldn't have known who he was. Magpie seanie is correct however, the two of these were just stupid enough to post their feelings over the internet.

The old adage of 'measure twice, cut once' could be changed to 'think twice, post once' in today's world.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 29, 2018, 08:36:09 AM

Anybody can wear a jersey.  The difference between the work example is that he isn't employed by the GAA, isn't under contract and tweeted in his own personal time.
It''s reputational . If he wants to mouth off he should do in a private capacity. Even his twitter moniker mentions Laois

rosnarun

Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2018, 09:30:18 AM

It''s reputational . If he wants to mouth off he should do in a private capacity. Even his twitter moniker mentions Laois

Laois is a county not a football team.
he has a perfect right to hold his own opinion and state it.
Freedom of speech is the reason you can disagree with his and others opinion, people just don't get that when some one says something they disagree with
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

gallsman

Quote from: rosnarun on March 29, 2018, 04:29:54 PM

Freedom of speech is the reason you can disagree with his and others opinion, people just don't get that when some one says something they disagree with

That old chestnut.

He's perfectly entitled to say what he wants. "Freedom of speech" does not mean he's not allowed be condemned or automatically cannot be considered to have broken any rules around codes of conduct.

Freedom of speech would also allow him to say "I hate niggers and faggots and especially ngger faggots" but you'd not have many people telling you it wasn't an issue for the GAA in that circumstance.

seafoid

Quote from: rosnarun on March 29, 2018, 04:29:54 PM

Not as long as he plays football for the county

I didn't know who he was so I searched for Gary Walsh twitter

I got the following :

The latest Tweets from Gary Walsh (@GaryWalshPhoto). Wedding/Lifestyle Photographer. fashion,food & music. north east england, blogging images. Norton High Street ...

Gary Walsh (@winefront) | Twitter - Twitter. It's ...
https://twitter.com/winefront

17.3K tweets • 764 photos/videos • 11.9K followers. "Special deals on new Wine Front subs to celebrate integration with @cellartracker - FB link here. https://t ...

Gary Walsh (@PeopleValues) | Twitter - Twitter. It's ...

https://twitter.com/PeopleValues

The latest Tweets from Gary Walsh (@PeopleValues). Researcher & consultant: education, ... https:// twitter.com/chrisconsiders /status/946058525909725185 ...

Gary Walsh 🚑 (@GaryWalshLaois) | Twitter

https://twitter.com/GaryWalshLaois

The latest Tweets from Gary Walsh 🚑 (@GaryWalshLaois). Laois Footballer

Gabriel_Hurl

Poor snowflake

QuoteThis account's Tweets are protected.
Only confirmed followers have access to @GaryWalshLaois's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.