The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Itchy on May 18, 2021, 11:27:38 PM
Do yourself a favour Benny, don't engage.
Keep believing the fiction you want to believe so, no difference between that and cultism

Anyway none of this is related to Palestine

You'd think on a thread on a matter in which one party, Israel, has shown a dogged determination to abuse history, posters might just decide to refrain from their giving us their own version of an abuse of history, but clearly the lessons are not getting through to one or two of them

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on May 18, 2021, 11:32:30 PM
Keep believing the fiction you want to believe so, no difference between that and cultism

You'd think on a thread on a matter in which one party, Israel, has shown a dogged determination to abuse history, posters might just decide to refrain from their giving us their own version of an abuse of history, but clearly the lessons are not getting through to one or two of them

Did you believe the 'ra' were right in their struggle? I've seen posts which you believed they were. Hard to tell with you, you're like the weather
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2021, 11:49:56 PM

Did you believe the 'ra' were right in their struggle? I've seen posts which you believed they were. Hard to tell with you, you're like the weather
Ah shure you're a bit like a typical day of weather up North yourself - fairly dull and a bit windy.

Itchy

For anyone interested...

Go into your profile.  Then Modify Profile, then  Buddies/ignore list. Select the user to ignore and then when they post you can just see "You are ignoring this user...." Its a great function.

johnnycool

Quote from: sid waddell on May 18, 2021, 07:20:12 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 18, 2021, 06:52:55 PM
Some people think America is a democracy, what idiots.
Much as the Republicans desperately desire otherwise, America is still a democracy

And to say otherwise makes you an idiot

If you need to raise 10's of millions of dollars to even have half a chance in a campaign then I'd question that but the basics of what you say is correct, the reality is that politicians are so easily bought and paid for by groups with vested interests that it's a very flimsy democracy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on May 19, 2021, 12:22:59 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2021, 11:49:56 PM

Ah shure you're a bit like a typical day of weather up North yourself - fairly dull and a bit windy.

So you're embarrassed enough I see, I'll leave it at that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: johnnycool on May 18, 2021, 06:41:26 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 18, 2021, 05:30:04 PM
Russia currently occupies parts of three sovereign countries.

Russia is in no way a victim of any propaganda campaign, it is a dangerous, rotten, colonialist state, just like Israel is.

Cuba, Afghanistan, Iraq off the top of my head.

If you look at any of these proxy wars between Russia and America, you will generally find Russia are on the right side of it.

But it's the Russians who are the bad guys according to the West.

Right.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2021, 09:03:52 AM

Russia is in no way a victim of any propaganda campaign, it is a dangerous, rotten, colonialist state, just like Israel is.

If you look at any of these proxy wars between Russia and America, you will generally find Russia are on the right side of it.

Right.

Both bad in my view, most superpowers are, stick China on that list too.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2021, 09:06:20 AM

Right.

Russia are far less of an evil than the USA who are the root cause of all that's wrong in the Middle East and Central America.

johnnycool

Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2021, 09:22:12 AM

Right.

Russia are far less of an evil than the USA who are the root cause of all that's wrong in the Middle East and Central America.

Central America I give you but the original cause of a lot of the issues in the Middle East are our lovely neighbours the next Island over.

sid waddell

Quote from: johnnycool on May 19, 2021, 08:26:45 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 18, 2021, 07:20:12 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 18, 2021, 06:52:55 PM
Some people think America is a democracy, what idiots.
Much as the Republicans desperately desire otherwise, America is still a democracy

And to say otherwise makes you an idiot

If you need to raise 10's of millions of dollars to even have half a chance in a campaign then I'd question that but the basics of what you say is correct, the reality is that politicians are so easily bought and paid for by groups with vested interests that it's a very flimsy democracy.
Actually the chances of a poor person raising the money necessary to run in the US are greater now than they were previously because of small donors and the internet

AOC's model is the future

I think we actually had one poster here advocate for not paying politicians at all rather than paying them well

That would be a good thing - if you only wanted to have already rich people in politics

Angelo

Quote from: johnnycool on May 19, 2021, 10:14:12 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2021, 09:22:12 AM

Right.

Central America I give you but the original cause of a lot of the issues in the Middle East are our lovely neighbours the next Island over.

The original possibly but the US have taken that mantle up over the past 40/50 years and have been a huge cause directly or indirectly in the likes of Al Qaeda and ISIS, by backing them with arms or providing training to their operatives in order to overthrow regimes that were not under their thumb over in the Middle East.

seafoid

Israel is trashing Gaza. Guess who Israel will ask to pay for reconstruction? The EU.
Israel is a parasite.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

give her dixie

This sis a great speech Bernadette McAliskey gave last Friday night at our solidarity rally in Dungannon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op8K0HJDqoU
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on May 19, 2021, 08:49:40 PM
This sis a great speech Bernadette McAliskey gave last Friday night at our solidarity rally in Dungannon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op8K0HJDqoU
What a wonderful speech. Bernadette McAliskey is so impressive.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU