Surprise Team of 2007

Started by Shrewdness, January 31, 2007, 01:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Any views on who we will all be talking about later this year as the Surprise Team of 2007.???

Dinny Breen

Kildare, you heard it here first   8)
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I'd tell you, but then it wouldn't be a surprise :D

Maroon Heaven

Donegal will win Ulster - 8-1.

BallyhaiseMan

AZOffaly

OK. Good surprise team of the year - Roscommon
Bad Surprise Team of the Year - Kerry

saffron sam2

I would not be surprised if Antrim spring a surprise on a mediocre Derry team in the championship this year.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SlimShady

that wont be a surprise, i fancy the Saffrons strongly- especially if they keep improving. Derry are in a total mess!!

laughinpaddy

Cavan will surprise a few teams this year, they may not win Ulster, however I fancy them to do a 'Fermanagh' this year ;)
I ain't gettin on no plane!

heganboy

would Mayo count as a surprise team?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

RedKnight

only if they don't choke in the final at croke park

Sandy Hill

Armagh! Most of the media pundits and many on this board have dismissed them; don't be so sure!
"Stercus accidit"

GaillimhIarthair

Lone Shark

From a bookie's point of view, I'll be keeping a very close eye on Donegal. You'd never trust them to dispose of a team that they are four or five points better than, but if you were to take last year's panel, and add in a well motivated and directed Devenney, Sweeney and Cassidy (far from a foregone conclusion I know) and they have real potential.

In terms of surprise quarter finalists, Cavan or Limerick would be ones I'd keep an eye on.

tyroneman

Armagh if they discover a plan B, and a CHF, and an injury free Ronan Clarke, and more wool for referees eyes and a leash for Thug McKeever