What TV to Buy

Started by galwayman, September 16, 2008, 05:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: bigfrank on October 11, 2021, 12:48:03 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 11, 2021, 11:13:55 AM
Some TVs have a mirroring function as well. Maybe check that first.

Yeah googled that option and tried to set it up but can never get the option of my tv to show up on the screen mirroring section of phone. Random thing is if I'm watching a video on Facebook it always alerts me to the option of connecting to my tv and watching it there,does it quickly and works every time but that option don't seem available when I'm watching gaa game on beosport.annoying watching on phone when 55" across the room.

Il have a look at this chrome cast option that was mentioned above maybe

From my own experience, the difference in performance  between mirroring and casting via a Chromecast is night and day. Chromecast is a great piece of kit.

BennyCake

Can someone explain mirroring to me?

JoG2

Quote from: BennyCake on October 11, 2021, 05:24:26 PM

Benny. A mirror image of your phone appears on your TV. You could for example start a movie, photo slideshow etc on your phone (everything you do is replicated or mirrored on the TV. You go full screen and it appears full screen on your TB. Can be quite laggy compared to casting.

Dar31

Quote from: JoG2 on October 11, 2021, 06:00:15 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 11, 2021, 05:24:26 PM

Benny. A mirror image of your phone appears on your TV. You could for example start a movie, photo slideshow etc on your phone (everything you do is replicated or mirrored on the TV. You go full screen and it appears full screen on your TB. Can be quite laggy compared to casting.

A mirror image of your phone on the tv not a good idea the wife might find out who is txting you  ;D

general

Quote from: WT4E on October 15, 2021, 10:24:48 PM
Quote from: general on October 11, 2021, 03:54:29 PM
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/jvc-lt-55cf890-fire-tv-edition-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-with-amazon-alexa-10195289-pdt.html

Highly recommend lads

In the market for a TV as last one fcuked.

Whats good about this one.

Are there likely to be reductions on black Friday?

If you use IPTV this is the tv for you - no fire stick required as its already built in. I also find it very responsive compared to using the firestick plugged into the tv.

I purchased a 65" for £599 4K Ultra HD which i found to be excellent value.

gallsman

Resolution doesn't equate to picture quality. If you've the money and are prepared to spend it, an OLED from LG or QLED from Samsung or MicroLED from whoever is light years ahead of anything else in the market. A TV simply being labelled 4K or Ultra HD is meaningless. It should be pretty difficult to buy a new TV these days that isn't 4K.

Smokin Joe

I'm in the market for a new TV and after recommendations for a good Smart TV.
By "good" I think I mean that it has good apps; like is it possible to watch Sky Sports / BT Sport if you subscribe to them?
Is it possible to get the functionality of a Firestick built into a Smart TV nowadays?

What other things are there to consider?

thewobbler

Joe, if you're like me - and don't understand how people can obsess on the difference in picture quality between two TVs even side by side, but want an impressive, ready to play TV with very few leads - get last year's model in Samsung or Sony.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: thewobbler on April 16, 2022, 08:55:28 PM
Joe, if you're like me - and don't understand how people can obsess on the difference in picture quality between two TVs even side by side, but want an impressive, ready to play TV with very few leads - get last year's model in Samsung or Sony.
Yeah, I'm definitely not obsessive about picture quality. I'd be more interested in ensuring that the young lad could watch the Saturday 3pm soccer games; so its the functionality I'd be after

thewobbler

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 16, 2022, 09:00:45 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely not obsessive about picture quality. I'd be more interested in ensuring that the young lad could watch the Saturday 3pm soccer games; so its the functionality I'd be after

You should probably look at a Sony with android in-built

Smokin Joe

Quote from: thewobbler on April 16, 2022, 09:02:50 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 16, 2022, 09:00:45 PM

You should probably look at a Sony with android in-built

Yeah, the android OS seems to get me what I'm after, esp with the Google Play Store

Itchy

Go android tv, Sony I would go with. Get your iptv then direct app on the TV.

JoG2

Quote from: Itchy on April 17, 2022, 01:26:03 PM
Go android tv, Sony I would go with. Get your iptv then direct app on the TV.

On the IPTV, is it handy enough to change the look of the channel guide, say to something more resembling Sky etc?