Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Swadman on May 16, 2011, 01:41:16 PM
Quote from: Westside on May 15, 2011, 08:37:25 PM
Well from Donegal's performance today it looks like we're in for a real war of attrition on June 12th.. Terry and Co know how to play against Donegal's style of play but can our defence hold Murphy and Molloy? It's going to be a very very tough game but I can't see why we shouldn't be there or there abouts.
Hope it will be a dryer and warmer day on 12th June and therefore a better game. As a Cavanman I would not be happy to part with €27 to see more of that sh*te. Spillane gave it some slating.

Bo, what happened yis v Shannon Gaels? Had ye Hillarious Gomez in goal?

We have a new goalkeeper in this year,Dean Fay, he was involved with the County U-21s last year, he's still finding his feet plus we were missing our Full-Back which didnt help matters. To kick 18 points and lose is a mortal sin. Enda McHugh had an excellent game for them. Thats our promotion hopes probably gone.

PhilsJemmysField

Do not give up hope just yet Boo. Cannot see Cootehill not loosing a couple of games. Drumgoon have lost big Mc from the middle and the centre half back and wing half , In the last week. Larry scored 2 - 6 till they moved Hannon onto him at the weekend. So now very beatable. Denn are now probably over the wobble but you can still catch them. Could see urselves and Denn making it yet. Easily the better sides I have saw so far in Div2. What is going on in BBoro they may need to pull the socks up. Here is the table may not look the part but hell here goes

Team                Played   Won   Lost   Drawn   Points For   Points Against   Points Diff   Points
Drumgoon     6   4   0   2        86   71   15   10
Denn           6   4   2   0   86   63   23   8
Cootehill           4   3   0   1   69   37   32   7
Crosserlough    5   3   2   0   74   54   20   6
Killinkere           6   3   3   0   65   76   -11   6
Drumalee           5   2   2   1   74   66   8   5
Cavan Gaels    4   2   1   1   52   47   5   5
Shercock           6   2   3   1   66   67   -1   5
Drung           5   2   2   1   56   67   -11   5
Swanlinbar    4   2   2   0   48   53   -5   4
Kill                   5   1   2   2   72   80   -8   4
Shannon Gaels    5   2   3   0   69   86   -17   4
Butlersbridge    3   1   1   1   25   25   0   3
Cornafean      5   1   4   0   46   54   -8   2
Knockbride    5   1   4   0   54   74   -20   2
Bailieboro           4   1   3   0   37   59   -22   2

Swadman

I agree with P.J.F. This division is still wide open. I predict more surprises ahead but at this early stage it could be between Drumgoon, Denn, Cootehill, and Drumalee and which of them make the least mistakes from here in. Cavan Gaels are the joker in the pack again. You could be unlucky to play them when they have a "strong" team out and then your rivals meet them when they are "depleted"

put-it-up-again

Quote from: Swadman on May 17, 2011, 08:31:24 PM
I agree with P.J.F. This division is still wide open. I predict more surprises ahead but at this early stage it could be between Drumgoon, Denn, Cootehill, and Drumalee and which of them make the least mistakes from here in. Cavan Gaels are the joker in the pack again. You could be unlucky to play them when they have a "strong" team out and then your rivals meet them when they are "depleted"

The Division is wide open this year and i would say its going to be an interesting campaign.

The Gaels situation in Division Two is a joke and really needs to be looked at.

Breffni_Yank

We'd be happy enough with how we are getting so far in Division Two, a little bit more consistency and we might me able to challenge the Champions League places  ;D

Heard today the Cavan juniors are playing next Wed against Longford. I imagine that is where most of our 21's that were called up to the senior team will be used.

Is Terry and Val managing it?

Denn Forever

Saw this in Hoganstand topics but no mention of the Junior game in the Cavan Hoganstand page.  Suppose I'll have to get the Celt.

Louth v Cavan challenge game.

Cavan will play Louth on Sunday next 22nd May @4:00pm

Venue: St.Mochtas GFC Louth village.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

PhilsJemmysField

We were trying to move a game to next Wednesday night and apparently were not allowed because of Cavan Juniors playing

Swadman

Our Thursday 26th game v Drung is off too

boojangles

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on May 18, 2011, 02:28:13 PM
We'd be happy enough with how we are getting so far in Division Two, a little bit more consistency and we might me able to challenge the Champions League places  ;D

Heard today the Cavan juniors are playing next Wed against Longford. I imagine that is where most of our 21's that were called up to the senior team will be used.

Is Terry and Val managing it?

Next Wednesday playing Longford in Pearse Park. Panel only being picked this week. Should be enough quality with U-21s and the rest to give it a rattle though.

PhilsJemmysField

Any word from the Cavan challenge at the weekend. 

Denn Forever

From Hoganstand.  No match report but a poster gave these teams.

Result Louth 1-19 0-12 Cavan.  What changes on this team for the championship?

ochonlir
County: Cavan

937794  LOUTH: Neil Gallagher; Declan Byrne, Aaron Hoey, Gerard Hoey; Ray Finnegan, Dessie Finnegan, Liam Shevlin; Paddy Keenan, Brian Donnelly; Derek Crilly, David Reid, Adrian Reid; Colm Judge, Shane Lennon, Darren Clarke.
Subs used: Craig Lynch for Neil Gallagher, Eamonn McAuley for Derek Crilly, Ronan Greene for Gerard Hoey, Stephen Fitzpatrick for Liam Shevlin, Ronan Carroll for Brian Donnelly, Andy McDonnell for David Reid, Paraic Smith for Colm Judge, Derek Maguire for Darren Clarke (all half-time), Eamonn O'Neill for Declan Byrne (50), Jim McEnaney for Shane Lennon (50), Paraig Rath for Ray Finnegan (56), Ronan Holcroft for Adrian Reid (58).

CAVAN: Jame Reilly, Dane O'Dowd, Thomas Corr, James McEnroe; Mark McKeever, Fergal Flanagan, Tommy Wateley; David Givney, John McCutcheon; Keith Fannin, Ray Cullivan, Niall McKiernan; Seanie Johnson, Eugene Keating, Cian Mackey.
Subs: Allan O'Mara, Stephen Jordan, Dermot Sheridan, Gareth Smith, Michael Brennan, Damien Barkey, Sean McCormack, Michael Lyng, Martin Cahill, Brian McCormack, Thomas Reilly, Killian Reilly. 
means what he says...

PhilsJemmysField

If that subs for Cavan is subs used than would be very hard to get a feel for where we are at really

Denn Forever

Here is the report from Hoganstand

SF challenge: Strong Louth finish downs Cavan
23 May 2011

Louth 1-19
Cavan 0-12

Louth continued preparations for their Leinster SFC campaign with a comprehensive win over Cavan at the St Mochtas pitch in Louth Village yesterday afternoon.

Wee County boss Peter Fitzpatrick named a strong starting 15 for the game which marked the 50th anniversary of the opening of Pairc Mhocta, while the Cavan team-sheet was short of a number of regulars as a number of squad players were tested ahead of this Wednesday night's Leinster JFC quarter-final against Longford.

The hosts made the better start, with scores from Brian Donnelly, Adrian Reid, Derek Crilly (2), David Reid and a free from Darren Clarke moving them in a 0-6 to 0-3 lead. Down the other end, Sean Johnston and Damien O'Reilly kept the Breffni men in touch before the former had a shot at goal well-saved by Neil Gallagher in the Louth goal.

Keith Fannin did grab a score for Cavan before the close of the half, but scores from David Reid, Crilly and the returning Shane Lennon made sure last year's Leinster finalists went in with a 0-8 to 0-5 lead at the break.

Both sides made wholesale changes for the second-half and they seemed to work better for Cavan as quick points from Tomas Corr, Ray Cullivan and Cian Mackey cut the deficit down to a single point.

However, Louth substitute Derek Maguire struck for three points in the space of five minutes to knock the stuffing out of Cavan and scores from Adrian Reid and Eamonn O'Neill put them further adrift.

With five minutes remaining, Michael Brennan and Paddy Keenan swapped scores before Padraic Smith's goal ensured victory for the home side, who finished with late scores from Ronan Holcroft and O'Neill.

Louth: Neil Gallagher; Declan Byrne, Aaron Hoey, Gerard Hoey; Ray Finnegan, Dessie Finnegan, Liam Shevlin; Paddy Keenan, Brian Donnelly; Derek Crilly, David Reid, Adrian Reid; Colm Judge, Shane Lennon, Darren Clarke.

Subs used: Craig Lynch for Neil Gallagher, Eamonn McAuley for Derek Crilly, Ronan Greene for Gerard Hoey, Stephen Fitzpatrick for Liam Shevlin, Ronan Carroll for Brian Donnelly, Andy McDonnell for David Reid, Padraic Smith for Colm Judge, Derek Maguire for Darren Clarke (all half-time), Eamonn O'Neill for Declan Byrne (50), Jim McEneaney for Shane Lennon (50), Padraig Rath for Ray Finnegan (56), Ronan Holcroft for Adrian Reid (58).

Cavan: James Reilly; Dane O'Dowd, Thomas Corr, James McEnroe; Mark McKeever, Fergal Flanagan, Thomas Wakely; David Givney, John McCutcheon; Keith Fannin, Ray Cullivan, Niall McKiernan; Sean Johnston, Eugene Keating, Cian Mackey.

Subs used : Alan O'Mara, Stephen Jordan, Dermot Sheridan, Gareth Smith, Michael Brennan, Damien Barkey, Sean McCormack, Michael Lyng, Martin Cahill, Ryan McCormack, Tomas Reilly, Cillian O'Reilly.

means what he says...

whats my name

i was at the louth game myself. well the display from both teams was bad one of the worst games of football I've seen in awhile no game plan from cavan just hoofing aimless balls into our full forward line i counted at least 6 sky scrapers that went into jelly who's man was at least 6 inch's taller then him and didn't win one instead of playing good ball out in front so he can run onto it and use his pace from what i seen at the challenge both teams will possibly exit the championship early. louth only pulled away in the last five Min's and the scoreline flattered them a bit 1 or 2 good displays from our boys butsy was good at full back as was Niall Murray at wing half forward he got up and down the pitch very well tracking his man as well as setting up a good few attacks

mylestheslasher

Thomas reilly and cillian reilly both played against down in a challenge a few weeks ago, the panel was named later with a pile of u21s and the pair of lads were not named. Now they are playing 3 weeks before the championship. Looks like they haven't a clue who they are going to play. I don't get a good feeling about this campaign.