Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal

gowna won by 3.so mullahoran and gowna go through.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

handballer09

Kingscourt 1-14
Redhills 0-10

Kingscourt Stars booked thier places in the quarter-finals of the SFC with a comfortable win over Redhills.
A superb goal from Man of the Match Bary Reilly in the first half propelled the Stars into a five-point half-time lead but Redhills, spurred on by the excellent Packie Leddy at midfield, made a game of it in the third quarter.
However, the Stars always had an extra gear when needed and reeled off a handful of late points to win easily.

Full championship draws on anglocelt.ie now:

http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/localgaa/articles/2010/08/08/3999154-championship-draws-announced/

Dougal

bring on them f**kers from down the road...i wasnt going to be happy unless we met them at some stage this season.

on second thoughts,how do us and cootehill both have drumlane,someone please clear this up quickly before i have a heart attack  :o :o :o

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on August 08, 2010, 09:43:56 PM
bring on them f**kers from down the road...i wasnt going to be happy unless we met them at some stage this season.

on second thoughts,how do us and cootehill both have drumlane,someone please clear this up quickly before i have a heart attack  :o :o :o

We're Drumalee horse
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Theobald

Bailieboro v Kill..... Best we could have hoped for.... Am i right??

Dougal

when are the quarters???

kill beat drumalee and laragh in the groups,but probably one of the weaker teams alright.

beer baron

Quote from: Theobald on August 08, 2010, 09:47:47 PM
Bailieboro v Kill..... Best we could have hoped for.... Am i right??

Probably would be one of the supposed 'weaker' sides but i've seen them play few times this year and they're very workmanlike,every man working hard for each other,Mc Kennas still got a lot to offer,few decent small forwards and then they've young tiernan as a big target man on the square too who's a decent outlet!They'll definitely give anyone they play a good game anyway!

Dougal

Win Only

Cavan Gaels  1.53 

Kingscourt  6.00 

Castlerahan  7.00 

Mullahoran  9.00 

Ramor Utd  12.00 

Lacken  15.00 

Cuchulainn  21.00 

Gowna  34.00 

kingscourt second favourites?anyone else think thats a bit mad?id fancy mullahoran to beat crahan aswel.id also rate gowna higher than cuchulainns on a normal day,never mind when the cucus are playing the gaels.

cavan4sam

Quote from: Dougal on August 09, 2010, 01:43:14 PM
Win Only

Cavan Gaels  1.53 

Kingscourt  6.00 

Castlerahan  7.00 

Mullahoran  9.00 

Ramor Utd  12.00 

Lacken  15.00 

Cuchulainn  21.00 

Gowna  34.00 

kingscourt second favourites?anyone else think thats a bit mad?id fancy mullahoran to beat crahan aswel.id also rate gowna higher than cuchulainns on a normal day,never mind when the cucus are playing the gaels.

Would definitely have Mullahoran to beat us in the quarter final at the min, anybody that has seen Castlerahan so far will tell you that. Three weeks is a long time though so if we can fire on the day and if Mackey actually shows any interest we might give them a fright.

cogito

On the back page of today's Star it say's Pillar Caffrey has been approached for the job down there.

Just thought I'ld tell you encase you don't get the Daily papers down there  ;D

Denn Forever

It is now reported in the Hoganstand so it must be true.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Anybody hear the dates for the Championship Quarter Finals yet? I presume they were made last night.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on August 10, 2010, 04:17:37 PM
Anybody hear the dates for the Championship Quarter Finals yet? I presume they were made last night.

Na they are being finalised next Monday night

Lawrence of Knockbride

I think all ball is off til the week after the Fleadh so that's a three week break minimum. Will the play off all three levels the same weekend I wonder. Dont' see why not. The Star and HS saying the same thing. Done deal. ::)

Celt_Man

Gone very quiet here these days...

Knockbride beat Ballyhaise with an injury time goal in the Div 2 semi final in our place earlier today.  Very entertaining game with some great scores from both sides

Ballyhaise and Bailieboro drew in the Junior semi final afterwards